OK, who doesn’t have a girl crush on the “Top Chef” host?! She’s just so damn gorgeous. And after reading the article on her in the December “Glamour,” I’m full-out obsessed.
First, the woman eats. And not in the way all celebrities eat during interviews, when they “wolf down” or “dig into” really carby, fattening stuff, so the interviewer can make note of it. She eats as part of her job. She has said before, and again in this article, that she gains 10 or 15 pounds in a season of filming “Top Chef.” Wait. A woman in Hollywood who actually gains weight from eating rich food? No “I just do Pilates and walk!” or “I just ate a cheeseburger!” for this one?
Nope! She eats a lot because it’s part of her job, and then she works out in the gym and eats healthy to lose the weight after. So, like when we eat a lot because it’s….the holidays/vacation/Tuesday…and then we hit the gym to work it off! Totally relatable. She also said that it takes two months for her to lose the weight, which is totally realistic. Not like the celebs who drop 85 pounds of baby weight in like a day from “breastfeeding!” (all of them) and “crying on the treadmill” (Isla Fisher).
In “Glamour,” Padma gives a few recipes, plus tips for eating healthy, losing weight, and surviving the holidays.
- She cuts alcohol when trying to lose the “Top Chef” weight, limiting herself to one drink per week.
- She cooks at home most of the time. Best point ever: “People often say they don’t have time to cook at home, but what they don’t realize is that it can actually take longer to order delivery or go pick up takeout than it does to cook.” TRUE! I feel like getting delivery usually takes 45 minutes…twenty to decide what I should order, and where I should get it from, and another 25 while I wait for it to arrive. You could make a serious meal in 45 minutes!
- She chops and preps veggies and bakes chicken on the weekends, likening her fridge into a grab-and-go salad bar. I love that image!
- She goes heavy on the high-volume veggies because she has a big appetite. (Hearing that made me feel better about my big appetite and the ridic amount of veggies I have to eat to satisfy it.)
- She enjoys food and says, “For me, there is no guilt in pleasure.”
- She adds a lot of spices to every meal. “You want to feel like you’re eating a wonderful meal.”
Other fun facts: she’s a mostly-vegetarian, she’s finally preggers after struggling with endometriosis, and she was on “30 Rock” last week, trying to prove she’s beautiful and funny. (She played “not funny” which was actually kinda funny.) To me, she’s just the epitome of a modern New York woman. She has a couple cookbooks out, but Tangy Tart Hot and Sweet is the one on my library list right now. I want to be spicy like her! When it comes to celebrities, I’m just so much into the ones who do something besides act in stupid movies. Love love love!