Vanilla Hot Cocoa

by Rachel on December 21, 2009

This year, my Christmas card inspiration came from two places. First, I read an idea in some random magazine about sending recipe cards as Christmas cards. Duh! Then I saw in O Magazine the idea to use wallpaper for making cards. So…I put the two together! I asked my friend Tracy, an interior designer, if she could get me some wallpaper samples, preferably patterned, and in Christmas pastels. She totally came through with a perfectly wintry blue and gray wallpaper. The color scheme made me want to do a cozy winter recipe, so when I found this Vanilla Hot Chocolate in The Food You Crave, I knew it was perfect! I got blank cards (sliver and cream-colored) and letter stickers, put on DVRd Food Network, made the master card, color-copied, cut, pasted, and then hit the USPS!

Here’s the front…

And here’s the recipe on back!

A warm, creamy, and surprisingly healthy treat! If you have as much snow as we do — it’s like a snow globe here, but having to scrape the car makes it slightly less picturesque — then I am sure you will love getting cozy with this!

1 Leah (Nutritionista) December 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I just got mine in the mail the other day! Thanks!! I love your idea of including a recipe.
.-= Leah (Nutritionista)´s last blog ..Winter Shape Up: Week 10, Baby! =-.

2 Laura Georgina December 21, 2009 at 3:44 pm

That’s a great idea! Every year I say I’m going to get creative and make homemade stuff, and as usual it didn’t happen this year–but I’m filing this for next year (and starting EARLY!)
.-= Laura Georgina´s last blog ..Freezer Run 5K–In Which Your Girl Shows Her Coaching Chops =-.

3 Elisabeth December 21, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Yep, totally stealing this idea for next year!
.-= Elisabeth´s last blog ..Discussion: When Will You Be Good Enough? =-.

4 katherin December 21, 2009 at 6:26 pm

This came in the mail today and it made my day. Thank you so much – I miss you!!!!!!

5 Katie December 21, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Two very cute ideas!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..A lovely weekend =-.

6 Michelle@Eatingjourney December 21, 2009 at 8:20 pm

clever woman. love it.
.-= Michelle@Eatingjourney´s last blog ..Cancer Survivor Exposed–Cindy =-.