Losing Your Virspinity

by Rachel on March 4, 2010

There’s no ride like your first ride. Here’s everything you need to know to make it less awkward and painful than Prom Night 2003.

And if you want to be the first to see Shed Theater, don’t forget you can subscribe to my YouTube Channel!

1 Melissa (It's a Veggieful Life) March 4, 2010 at 2:09 pm

This couldn’t have been posted at a better time! My goal for March is to take a spinning class at my gym, and I’m going on Saturday morning! Yippee! Since I didn’t lose my real virginity until in my mid-20’s it’s only natural that it took me til 40 to lose my Virspinity. (TMI? Too bad!) LOL! :)
.-= Melissa (It’s a Veggieful Life)´s last blog ..I Like Meat. There, I’ve Said It! =-.

2 Rachel March 4, 2010 at 2:14 pm

There’s kinda no such thing as TMI around here… ;)

3 Sarah Barbuto March 4, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Hilarious! I have a whole new outlook on spin class—I think I should get back on the saddle!

4 Christie (http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/) March 4, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Girl- you never fail to crack my shit up!!! I just love ya!
Thanks for breaking this down for everyone. I bet your a super fun instructor!!!

~Christie http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/
.-= Christie (http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/)´s last blog ..FIREWORKS!!! =-.

5 Dori March 4, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Love love love love!!!! The song is perfect too :) I want to nominate you for some type of award.
.-= Dori´s last blog ..Never Say “I Can’t” =-.

6 Lauren @ Reading and Running March 4, 2010 at 11:16 pm

This cracked me up! And I have to say that you make me want to lose my virspinity. Any advice for those of us without a gym membership on trying a class? I’m not much a gym type girl so investing in a gym membership just to try a class probably isn’t going to be happening.

7 Rachel March 4, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Definitely Google spinning studios in your area! They are becoming more popular…we even have them in MI, so I know this is true. Then you can usually do a walk-in thing…and the first class should DEFINITELY be free!

Let me know if you do go all the way!! :)

8 Cat March 5, 2010 at 1:02 am

Hah! This is so adorable! I was intimidated by spinning at first too, but now I love it. My gym has some of those new spin bikes that has the video consoles and you can do your own spin “class”. It’s pretty cool.
.-= Cat´s last blog ..Lazy, Schmazy. =-.

9 LindsayH March 5, 2010 at 9:32 am

i loved this! its so true. i wish it had been around before my first spin class. everyone’s nervous their first time! hilarious.

10 Teri [a foodie stays fit] March 6, 2010 at 10:46 am

Um, have I told you lately how much I LOVE your blog???? I was dying laughing during this video. But it was still so informative! I learned some things and I even teach spin! :)

Maybe you could invent a vibrating cycle seat. baaaaahahahahaha!
.-= Teri [a foodie stays fit]´s last blog ..Lime Quinoa with Black Beans, Scallions and Feta =-.

11 Isha March 6, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I love this! I spin at least once a week, but there were some good form reminders in here. Thanks.

12 Brea March 7, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Great post! I love how you compare exercise to sex or is my mind just going there?! But really, great tips. I’ve taken one spin class and really enjoyed it. Now I just need to find a good place to continue to go!
.-= Brea´s last blog ..Stability ball squats =-.

13 Rachel March 7, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Oh yes…your mind should go there every time you hit this blog. ;)

14 Andrea J March 9, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I love this post! So funny, definitely a whole new way to look at spinning! I must say I’m still a little scared from my last spinning experience..(it was more like a night club, black lights and club music included with a woman in her 60’s singing to every song while breathing heavily into the mic..i never went back lol) but I love spin sooo much and I’m inspired by this post so I’m determined to get back into it. Thanks :) and keep up the awesome blog, I love it!

15 theseniorfifty March 13, 2010 at 8:42 am

I thought I should let you know that this video was completely inspiring, so much so, that on a Saturday morning (this morning in fact), I woke up at 6:30 to give spinning a try and I absolutely loved it. I was terrified, but it was awesome. Thanks!

16 Anna March 16, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I’ve not had to contain so much laughter at work since…well, ever. This was great. I’m totally trying a spinning class at my gym.

17 Siyam September 11, 2011 at 2:22 am

This makes me want to take a spin class!! I’m excited!