New Core Fusion Challenge!

by Rachel on April 5, 2010

As I said last week, one of my April goals is to do a new Core Fusion Challenge! It’s the remix, ya’ll!

For those of you who aren’t familiar, Core Fusion is a brand of workout DVDs (there are also real, live classes, but there are none in Michigan) that are kinda similar to pilates or Lotte Berk, except way better. There are several DVDs, and each is divided into five 10-minute segments. For the first Core Fusion Challenge, I did a full DVD (alternating the Pilates Plus and Body Sculpt DVDs) four times a week and I got great results.

With bikini season in mind, I knew it was time to really focus on toning. While I like the Core Fusion lower-body segments (they are killer!), I still love my Pick Your Spot Pilates DVD more than anything. It’s a great 10 minute lower-body workout and, when I use it regularly, it carves out really nice lean legs and thighs. I’m on my second copy of this DVD because I wore out the first! My original plan was to do that DVD three times a week and then do Core Fusion for my arms and abs. And then I realized if I was only doing arms and abs…I could now totally justify buying Core Fusion Pure Arms & Abs! I’d been wanting this DVD for a while, so I was pretty pumped about that.

I have already done Pure Arms & Abs twice and I am definitely happy with it! A lot of the moves are familiar to anyone who has done Pilates Plus or Body Sculpt, but this DVD totally takes things up a notch. I love all the new moves. The DVD comes with a rubber resistance band that you use throughout the workout, and umm…why was I not using a band like this before?! (It’s a flat band; I’ve always used tubes.) I love using the band for the arms sections because a lot of times I want to switch weights throughout the workout (certain moves are harder than others). With a band, I can just re-position my hands to make it easier or harder. The ab moves incorporate the band too, and it’s pretty impressive! The moves are seriously awesome and as strengthening, stretching, abd leg-shaking as the original DVDs…I highly recommend it.

So! Here’s my plan this time around:

• Pure Arms and Abs four times a week. I’ll do two segments (20 minutes total) twice a week and the full DVD (50 minutes) twice a week, just in the interest of saving time.
  • Pick Your Spot Pilates three times a week. On two of these days, I am also going to do the Core Fusion Pilates Plus thighs and glutes segment for a bikini booty.

This is a rather complicated schedule; honestly, the only way I can even remember what I do on which day is by writing it all down at the beginning of the week in my Fitbook.

I am hoping Core Fusion serves me as well as it did in January and February! But this time I have added motivation in the form of SUMMER! The 80 degree weather last week made me realize how much time we spend in the summer half naked (and, well, I like to get fully naked no matter the season, let’s be honest). When half-naked/naked time comes, I want to look healthy and strong and feel super confident! I have my new bikini as motivation.

I’m totally going to fixate on my new suit during my whiny “But I’d rather spend ten more minutes on Twiterrrrrrr, I don’t have tiimmeeeee to do a DVD” daily fit. However, I must say, my whiny fits have decreased considerably; I’m actually really looking forward to the new challenge and can’t wait to share the results!

1 Missy Maintains April 5, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Glad you are going the challenge again! I am on my way to class now!
.-= Missy Maintains´s last blog ..Salads, Soft Serve, and 1/2 Marathons! =-.

2 Marianne April 5, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I love the bikini in the photo! Where is it from – it looks like it would be awesome for tan-line avoidance!

Core fusion sounds awesome btw.
.-= Marianne´s last blog ..9km =-.

3 Rachel April 5, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Marianne — it’s from Victoria’s Secret! I ordered it last week and it actually fits really well!! (I picked different bottoms though.) I love strapless suits!

4 mkg April 5, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I just bought the core fusion set that includes pilates thighs and glutes and body sculpt per your motivation. I’m starting tonight :) I want to be swimsuit ready too.
.-= mkg´s last blog ..Ugh….last night =-.

5 Rachel April 5, 2010 at 7:54 pm

@mkg — Woo! Can’t wait to hear how it goes for you!!

6 Marlena April 5, 2010 at 8:37 pm

I’m in LOVE with the Pure Abs & Arms!! Now this post makes me wanna try the other DVDs. :) Gonna go check them out now…how many have you tried?

7 Rachel April 5, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I’ve tried two others…Pilates Plus and Body Sculpt! Both are really great; you can’t go wrong with either!

I feel like Pure Arms and Abs does such a great job of incorporating the good arms/abs moves from those two, I might actually get Thighs & Glutes if I were you! I haven’t done it, but I bought it for a friend for her bday and she really likes it! So many options!! Also, the next DVD, Lean and Toned, comes out in May and from what I’ve heard from my friends with insider info, it’s more like an actual Core Fusion class in the studio; I’ll definitely be buying that on opening day!!

8 Sophie @ yumventures April 6, 2010 at 9:41 am

I seriously need some core toning…if I was going to get one DVD, which one would you get?
.-= Sophie @ yumventures´s last blog ..Easter Appetizer: Blood Orange Salad =-.

9 Rachel April 6, 2010 at 10:42 am

Just one, I’d get Body Sculpt! Body Sculpt and Pilates Plus are both so great, but after a lot of thought, I’m putting BS first because I like the arms segment a little better!

10 Teri [a foodie stays fit] April 6, 2010 at 11:14 am

I just added the Pick Your Spot Pilates DVD to my Amazon list; as soon as I get my gift certificate from my health insurance (we earn points for gift certificates for eating fruits/veggies and exercising), I’m going to order it. It sounds awesome!
.-= Teri [a foodie stays fit]´s last blog ..Bob’s Red Mill Giveaway! =-.

11 Ashley April 7, 2010 at 8:57 am

i’ve been thinking about getting this dvd too. already have the body sculpt and pilates, and also REALLY want the new one coming out lean and toned. ah core fusion, I love it. I also got the Jackie Warner personal training dvd and have heard great things about that. i need to kick it up a notch with my strength training. i’m a weakling haha
.-= Ashley´s last blog ..bring on the sun =-.

12 jen June 16, 2010 at 8:52 am

When you do the Pick Your Spot Pilates, which segment are you doing? Or are you doing the whole DVD?

13 Rachel June 16, 2010 at 8:54 am

I usually do just the legs because I do CF for my abs and butt…however in the past I’ve done the entire DVD and it’s great!!