Top Ten Reasons TGIF!

by Rachel on April 16, 2010

Good afternoon, peops! Hope you’re having a good day!

Mine is great…here’s what’s up.

10.

9. I woke up to a full room. Preston had come in to sleep on my couch around 4 AM and Tag and Lola decided to snuggle with me as well. I love waking up with guests that are not strange dudes!

8. I have a new article on TechCoquette: 10 Profile Pics to Never Upload! I personally like #2 best.

7. I am heading to the grocery store for a few items for dinner. (I prefer to shop for a few things at a time since I love the grocery store so much!) This also means trying new recipes tonight!

6. Going to do some cardio later! I’m thinking some kickboxing because I haven’t done my DVD yet this week and it seems like as good a day as any to pretend to be an action hero. But I might hit the trails for a run-walk after the grocery store. Who knows? I’ll move my ass somehow!

5. Katie sent me these funny SNL skits: Colonel Angus Comes Home and Cork Soakers. So hilarious. Go watch them!

4. New mags just came in the mail: Self with Zoe Saldana (love her!!) and Allure with Catherine Zeta-Jones. These are two of my favorite magazines, so that always makes my day.

3. I’ve gotten so many good songs for this evening’s NSFW Part II playlist! If you haven’t sent me yours yet, there’s still time!

2. I’ve been writing up a STORM this morning for a new project for Shedding It that will hopefully be completed in the next couple weeks. I’m SO excited! If you like Shed Theater and my stand-up, I think you’ll love this!

1. Leah is coming up tonight! We have a huge weekend play date planned. Tonight we’re cooking and doing Core Fusion. Tomorrow morning she’s taking my 8 AM spin class (she’s losing her virspinity!!!!) and then we’re going to do some fun blog stuff. Then we’re heading to Ann Arbor in the afternoon to do a Tour de Grocery Stores (Arbor Foods, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe’s). And then we’re going out to dinner, going to see a stand-up show, and going out for a drink! We’ve been planning this weekend for a month and I’m so excited.

Okay off to make some lunch! What’s your number one reason today is awesome? Holler.

1 Jenny April 16, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Sleeping in tomorrow!

2 Teri [a foodie stays fit] April 16, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Your weekend with Leah sounds awesome! i’m excited to see your new project!

Today is awesome because it’s Friday!
.-= Teri [a foodie stays fit]´s last blog ..Two Reasons Why You Want to Come to My Spin Class =-.

3 Christel April 16, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I watched those SNL skits last night. They are HILARIOUS. Christopher Walken is always great :) My other SNL fav host is Timberlake;)

Have a great Friday & weekend.
xo,
Christel

4 Lauren @ Eater not a runner April 16, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I didn’t work! Woo hoo!

5 Maggie April 16, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I’m going to the suburban mall tonight! I have a serious suburbia obsession lately. According to the mall’s website it is “Described by the New York Times as perhaps the single most influential retail destination in the U.S.”

Bad for my wallet, but whatever.
.-= Maggie´s last blog ..What I’m Listening To =-.

6 Anna April 16, 2010 at 4:09 pm

When I ran at 6:15 a.m, it didn’t rain even though showers were predicted. I hate the worms, so I was super thrilled that the sidewalks were dry. Since then, it’s been sunny! AWESOME!

7 Leah (Nutritionista) April 16, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Ahhh, work can’t end fast enough! I’m so excited for this weekend. I’m not even nervous about losing my virspinity. GET ME OUT OF HERE. See you soon!
.-= Leah (Nutritionista)´s last blog ..You’re Probably Not Eating Enough: Cauliflower =-.

8 Carla April 16, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Today is awesome because my best friend is coming to town and we’re going to try to balance our time at the bar with our time at the gym tomorrow :)

9 Paul McConaughy (@minutrition) April 16, 2010 at 4:43 pm

#8 Hey…what do you have against mustaches????? Paul

10 Rachel April 16, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Paul — mustaches are unacceptable on any man under the age of 45! But now these damn hipsters are trying to bring them back.

11 Keri @ Iron Mountain Movement April 16, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Today is awesome because we finally have flip flop weather in Vancouver!

12 Kaytee April 16, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Wish I was hanging out with you & Leah this weekend! Super jealous.

My #1 reason why today is awesome: drinks with one of my favorite girlfriends tonight & drunk texting with a boy. Yeah. I still plan my drunk texts. :)

13 Laura Georgina April 16, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Can Ann Arbor handle the dynamic diva duo that is Leah and Rachel? I sure hope so. You two will have a ball, sounds like a great weekend of fun planned.

My Friday is great because I had an afternoon of work wine-drinking (celebrations–gotta love them!) and I’m going to do Core Fusion before watching Dexter and hitting bed early–I’m going to get all prehistoric and check out leatherback turtles on the Trini north coast this weekend (though surely the Flintstone vibe will be ruined by me wearing a 2010 bikini and not rags or leaves).
.-= Laura Georgina´s last blog ..Rainy Soup Day =-.

14 Brittany April 17, 2010 at 12:08 pm

LOVE number 10!
.-= Brittany´s last blog ..The Comeback =-.