Wet Wednesday!

by Rachel on April 28, 2010

Good afternoon, ladies and gents! And happy Hump Day!

For today’s Wet Wednesday, I decided to side with the popular kids and share a little RPatt love. He’s not my preference but I do love a guy in a suit — and I like that these picture tame what I consider to be an absolutely ridiculous “coif.”

So, this month, Allure magazine has its annual “naked” issue with Catherine Zeta Jones on the cover. She’s not the only celeb to strip down but I love this shot.

Look at her right leg and her ass — I think she looks so powerful and strong!

The Allure naked pictorial made me think about the idea of taking naked pics. I know it seems kind of out there, but I see things like that and it makes me want to do it too! Do naked pictures seem like an ass-backwards way to love your body? Or do you kind of see how it might be fun to have a few shots where you can just say, “Damn girl!” when you’re not feeling your sexiest? Have you ever taken “boudoir” shots to show to someone else (or just to keep for yourself)? It’s been on my mind lately and I’m wondering what other people think!

1 Elisabeth April 28, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Girl, I’ve always wanted to do some sexy pinup-style shots. I just haven’t got the balls. However, I better do it soon before I start popping out kids. lol.

I think that naked pix are perfectly fine if done properly and tastefully. That pic of CZJ is the perfect example of that.

2 Jenny April 28, 2010 at 2:15 pm

That is a hot picture of Catherine ZJ!! WOW!! I think they’re sexy and take a lottttttttt of confidence!

3 Melissa (It's a Veggieful Life) April 28, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Too bad they had to airbrush Catherine. The naked body is beautiful when it’s natural and not tinkered with! The most beautiful naked pic was when Demi Moore did the cover of Vanity Fair while pregnant. I know, totally not what this post is about, but it’s the most beautiful, natural example of a woman’s body. :)
.-= Melissa (It’s a Veggieful Life)´s last blog ..Happy Birthday Baby Boy =-.

4 katherine April 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I love the picture of Catherine Zeta Jones. She’s so beautiful!! I had boudoir photos taken for my husband before our wedding and he loved them. None of them were completely nude, but there were a few in just undies and heels and I really love looking through the photos!
.-= katherine´s last blog ..Peanut Butter and Jelly “Quesadilla” =-.

5 Nicci April 28, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Naked pics whould be empowering, I’ve thoguht about that in the past. I still want to do that.

6 Stephanie April 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm

When my bf and I were long distance I had sexy photos of me taken for his my birthday. My girlfriend is a photgrapher so she did them for me. I was a little nervous at first but I had just lost a lot of weight so I was feeling pretty good. I remember when I first saw the photos. I actually cried and could not stop saying “wow…that’s me!” it was an incredibly powerful moment for me and it became more then just sexy photos. It made me see myself in a way I never had and damn was I proud!
So I say go for it!

7 brianne April 28, 2010 at 4:29 pm

hey girlie – i totally did it as a gift for my husband for our first married valentine’s day. and although he LOVED them, i was surprised by how good they made ME feel. i felt beautiful and raw and sensual…i don’t know how to describe it. JUST DO IT.

8 amanda April 28, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Wow Catherine looks amazing!! I wish I could be that bold to take some pics like that. Maybe one day….. lol

9 Joey April 28, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I say GO FOR IT! If I had any confidence that I would get a good pic out of it & would be able to look back & admire it, I would totally go for it!

10 Laura Georgina April 28, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Do it!!

I would love to do some one day. I wanted to do them before losing 40 pounds and I DEFINITELY want to do them now. I actually really wish I had done them back then, because I would have been really proud of them (both at the time and now). They’d be a great reminder that, even though I wished my thighs were smaller and my belly less round at the time, I still had a great time in that lovely body, regardless of whether I cringe or am shocked at how I looked when I see pictures now. (And though I don’t miss having insane boobs, I do wish I had classy evidence of them!)
.-= Laura Georgina´s last blog ..Hello, New Blouse! Nice to Finally Meet You =-.

11 Tracy April 28, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I’ve taken a few saucy shots of myself. It can take a few tries to get it right if you’re doing it yourself but the results are worth it.
For me it made me notice how much of a huge change my body has undergone from strength training. My butt and legs.. wow! Had I not taken the pictures I probably wouldn’t have ever noticed how good I was looking. Plus it provides extra motivation to keep at it because I now know it’s working.
I bet you’ll notice the same thing with all the core fusion you’ve been doing.

12 Rachel April 28, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Daaamn, you guys are all making me want to do this like ASAP!! All the reasons I think it would be awesome…everyone is saying it’s awesome. Hmmm….hmmm…

13 Julie @ Wearing Mascara April 28, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I say go for it! I’d love to have it done too (for a special person in my life :))

14 lauren April 28, 2010 at 10:48 pm

the photos of catherine zeta-jones are fabulous. i love how athletic she looks – check out those hamstrings! – even though i don’t necessarily believe she could run a half-mary like i did last weekend :)

i love the idea of taking romantic sexy photos for jess – but as a lesbian i don’t know if it would necessarily have the same punch/fun? i dunno. but i’m sure she’d love them anyway. :)

i thought i commented on your measurement of diet thing yesterday – but i guess not. wah. what i meant to say was that i love your bloggy blog (and so does jess) and that we read it daily.

anyway! consider the LGBTQ corner of NYC covered :)

15 triz April 29, 2010 at 3:26 pm

You’ll notice there is a total absence of RPatt love. :)

Definitely not to my taste either!

16 Jenn April 29, 2010 at 9:22 pm

So, I went for the artsy nudes when I was about 20. I was astounded by the beauty of this photographer’s work, and since I’m not much of an artist myself, it seemed like a great way to be supportive.

I think the photos were way too realistic to make me feel sexy, it was like looking in the mirror, but with better backdrops–you’re such a ham, though, I’m sure you’d have a lot more fun with it. (I’m one of those who hates being the center of attention.)

A year or so later, I did work with another photographer who took some photos I found sexy, but still, it wasn’t my body but the clothes/poses–although at the time I was pretty confident about my body (or I thought so, now I’m starting to re-think…)

Anyway, they were all great experiences, I treasure the photos, and the guys I’ve dated have loved them too–but they haven’t revolutionized the way I see my body, and I didn’t expect them to, so it’s all good.