Too Much of a Good Thing

by Rachel on April 30, 2010

Attention, Shedders! Posting today has been canceled due to lack of hustle.

You see, after a perfect Thursday night in which I earned myself a drive-thru run (well, technically, two, but one order of fries was enough and was delicious) and then came down by eating gourmet chocolate in bed, I realized…I do not want to ruin this perfect state of gasm (food and otherwise) by staring at a computer screen all day.

Actually I’m not even sure I could do more than stare at a computer screen all day. Too many Big Macs and you find yourself feeling sluggish; too many cute McMuffins and you find yourself unable to form coherent sentences and wondering why on earth you thought you were a writer. (Also, there’s some sort of goose egg forming on the small of my back which makes sitting really uncomfortable.) It’s like you think you’re in good shape and then you go take the hardest class at the gym and get a very rude awakening the next morning and wonder if you overestimated yourself. But before you start to think I’m some sort of slacker, you know how people get into a fight and then say, “You should see the other guy”? Right, well…yes, indeed, you should. I inflicted a fair amount of bodily harm, thankyouverymuch.

Anyway, I’m taking today off from all activities that involve use of my brain. You know, you learn something new every day and today I learned that when a guy texts you he’s going to “f your brains out”…you should take this more literally. Yesterday morning I could have aced the SAT. Today, I’m not sure I remember what the colors on traffic lights mean anymore. If you have e-mailed me, I’ll respond this weekend, but I just really need a day or two to um…find my vowels. And apply Neosporin.

Oh and PS — to anyone who downloaded Gymnertainment, I just thought you should know that the “Chihuahua” apparently respected my complaints and made some changes.

Have a great weekend!

1 Dori April 30, 2010 at 9:04 am

OMG the URL title of this post! You are hilarious, that is a lot like the alt text in webcomics. Can’t wait to hear about your night! I might actually be having one of my own McMuffin nights (note: I said McMuffin and NOT McGriddle). Have a great relaxing day!
.-= Dori´s last blog ..Core Fusion Lean & Toned Review & Giveaway =-.

2 MelissaNibbles April 30, 2010 at 9:27 am

I love the url and am VERY jealous. I don’t need my brains this weekend so hopefully I can get my boyfriend to put me in the state your in! Have a restful day!

3 Stephanie-Jo April 30, 2010 at 9:48 am

I was just a lurker scanning your blog every am, but this post has just made my day. Thank you for cheering up a girl who will be looking at a computer screen all day!!

4 Eunice April 30, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Haha! GET IT, Rachel! Thanks for making me laugh today. Enjoy your weekend!

5 sarah @ syrupandhoney April 30, 2010 at 12:20 pm

You have motivated me to get MINE tonight. Thank you kindly.
.-= sarah @ syrupandhoney´s last blog ..Strawberry Basil Tart for Two =-.

6 Rachel April 30, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Sarah and Melissa — Please F responsibly. I haven’t moved in three hours.

7 Sheena Olivia April 30, 2010 at 12:56 pm

So fitting for today! I was just thinking about your video this morning while grabbing a Mcmuffin for breakfast. I thought “well, I did have an amazing ‘workout’ with a guy last night… so.. I think I can get this mcmuffin and be okay” Your blog was totally going through my mind. love it!

8 Kim @ LEO the lion says GER April 30, 2010 at 1:14 pm

At first, I was skimming through and I read “I inflicted a fair amount of bodily harm, thankyouverymuch. ” without reading the part before it, and I was like, “Damn, that girl puts a whole new meaning to getting it.”

Much to my chagrin, breakfast time was over by the time I could wobble out of bed. I guess this means more time to earn the hash brown to go with my McMuffin.
.-= Kim @ LEO the lion says GER´s last blog ..Makin’ It Monday: Banana Stuffed French Toast =-.

9 Manon May 1, 2010 at 3:57 pm

OMG……you go girl! I hope you didn’t drive after that, I swear, sometimes getting your brains f’d out is more dangerous than being drunk :)
.-= Manon´s last blog ..Spreading the Loooooove ♥ =-.