I cannot believe it’s May already! Summer is approaching?! WHAT?!!?
Whateva — that just means it’s time to get some new goals in the HOUSE!
A quick recap on my April goals:
- Core Fusion/Pilates — CHECK. Almost didn’t make it due to my body’s state on Friday but I pulled through at the last minute. And it shows. I’m pretty sure that’s why I had such a good time on Thursday night. When you feel really good in your own skin, when you reach “Damn, girl!” level (meaning you say that about yourself, a lot), you are just more excited to do terrible (and by terrible I mean great) things with your bod in bed.
- Read more books — CHECK. This was so delightful to achieve; I feel smarter and back to my bookworm roots once again. I read a lot of books but I have to recommend the Christopher Moore vampire novels. (Start with Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story.) The series started in the 90s before the vampire craze and the books are just awesome — hip, smart, and really sexy. Oh and hilarious; I literally LOL every few minutes. The last chapter I read in You Suck (the second book) was called “Nobody Likes a Dead Whore.” (See, you can’t even compare them to “Twilight” because, honestly, that shit is basically just the new “Fear Street.” If you like vampires, fine, but at least act like a grown-ass woman about it.)
- Break up with Ziplocs and pre-cut my veggies — CHECK although I need to keep working at the pre-cut goal. Ugggghhhhhhhhh.
- Get more into Michigan food and culture — CHECK! And I’ll be doing it even more going forward; I love this goal.
- Get back into stand-up. CHECKKKKKKKK.
And now for this month….
- Embody French Women Don’t Get Fat. While I’ve been taking baby steps in this direction, I’m taking it a bit further (more on this later) and I want to actually cook some of her French recipes! And other French recipes too!! This will also be my food and culture New Year’s resolution goal.
- Core Fusion/Yoga challenge — I’m very excited for how things are going to roll this time around and can’t wait to share all the details (and a giveaway!) tomorrow. You know, I was chatting with my mom about CF last night and how hard it is sometimes and she said, “But aren’t you just so happy about what it’s done for your middle?” I was surprised; I said, “Oh, wait, you’ve noticed?!” She knows that I tend to carry weight in my stomach no matter how much I lose and she said she could definitely see what a difference it’s made in my middle, my back, and my overall posture. She’s not super crazy with flattery, so that was really nice to hear! (And her mother’s day gift was just upgraded!) Anyway, yes, it’s hard, but it’s worth it and that’s why I’m going on my third month of committing to it so fully.
- Drink more water. This is dumb but I actually have been so bad about this because I’m paranoid to keep water on my desk out of fear of ruining my computer. I also hated all the bulky water bottles that would have solved this problem. The solution? I bought a water bottle that I love from Bed, Bath, and Beyond last week!
Looks like a Starbucks iced coffee cup but it’s reusable! It’s a lot more chic than a typical water bottle and I have already found it easier to drink more throughout the the day. So the goal is to fill it twice and drink it alllll.
That’s all I got for May! What are your goals this month??