Wet Wednesday, Cinco de Mayo Style

by Rachel on May 5, 2010

Hola — happy Cinco de Mayo! Who’s elbow deep in bean dip!?

Sadly, I have yet to get my tequila on. I want to make some tequila cuisine but I have no tequila handy and no car to buy it. The liquor store isn’t far, but as I said this morning, no one walks in the ‘burbs. I think going to the liquor store at 2 PM on foot might actually be worse than going to the liquor store at 2 PM in a mini-van. Not entirely sure.

Anyway, thought I’d seek out this week’s pictures based on the holiday. First up, little Slater, all grown up…

I’m so excited, I’m so excited, I’m so…I’m so…wet!

Now, you may not know this, but nothing really can compare to my girl crush on Eva Mendes. Nothing. I absolutely adore her. I love her red carpet style, I love her attitude, I love her face and laugh, I love her in “Hitch.” I think she’s the sexiest woman on the planet.

These pictures are actually from an ELLE photoshoot. I actually used to have that picture on the corkboard above my desk at ELLE. I thought it was such an incredible shoot. Because then there is this…

Um, I think I’m going to go change into that same outfit and then take the rest of the afternoon off.

Anyone started celebrating yet? Please tell me there’s someone out there who got drunk before class and then Googled, “I need to get in shape but I can’t stop drinking tequila” and ended up here. No? Damn. Well then share your plans for the evening — I’d love to hear them!

Holler. (El hollero?)

1 sarah @ syrupandhoney May 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I’m at work and feeling under the weather, so probably no celebrating for me tonight. But I had to write that I have a huge crush on Eva too!
.-= sarah @ syrupandhoney´s last blog ..Echoing "Bullshit" =-.

2 shelby @ eatdrinkrun May 5, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Fresh strawberry margaritas up in here tonight! I can’t wait. It still counts as a serving of fruit even though I’m drowning it in Cuervo, right?

Eva is on my girl crush list too! She is so sassy and strong and gorgeous.

3 Kim @ LEO the lion says GER May 5, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Okay so this is pretty unrelated, but it made me think of you.

I was watching TV with the bf and that Hornito’s Tequila commercial came on (the hot cougar one), and I was like, “Um, wtf did that have to do with tequila?” He looks at me incredulously and says, “EVERYTHING has to do with tequila.”
.-= Kim @ LEO the lion says GER´s last blog ..Finals! =-.

4 Kendra May 5, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Um… I’m going to the opera tonight. That’s not very Cinco de Mayoish is it? Well, I’ll be sure to have some celebratory drinks to make up for it.
.-= Kendra´s last blog ..Weight Loss Distractions – "Weight Loss Is Over Rated" =-.

5 Ashley May 6, 2010 at 11:24 am

Eva Mendes is definitely one of my Fitspo inspirations! She has an amazing, curvy body!

6 Carla Aldaco May 6, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Those pics of Eva blow AC Slater out of the water! I agree she’s amazing, she always makes me think i can pull of highlights though . . . not too sure about that.

7 Rachel May 6, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Carla I’ve gotten highlights because of her like four times. Don’t do it.

8 FoodCents May 6, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Ummmm, I can not do the whole Mario Lopez thing, he is a huge douche.

Eva Mendes is not only beautiful, but seems to not be an annoying famous person and actually has talent. Well done, Eva.

Oh and I would not be surprised if she likes “high-lights”, if you catch my drift.

I had not a drop of alcohol last night yet feel like I am a walking/babbling hangover today.

Carry on…