Press Play: Mochi Beats

by Rachel on May 14, 2010

Like I said after my Core In, Ass Up, Game Over workout yesterday, I love, love, love mash-ups and remixes. There are so many cool ones floating around the internet, and I’m always excited to find new ones!

jamz

And this week I got one! I was so excited when someone Tweeted Mochi Beats at me. I downloaded the entire album from the site for free and it’s amazing. (There’s also a new song on there now, a Britney/Usher mash-up, but go for the full album for sure!)

After one listen, I immediately Tweeted it to all my friends who love mash-ups as much as I do and said, “This might be better than Girl Talk.”

Now those are some big words, but it’s true, and everyone pretty much agreed after a listen to the full album. Girl Talk is awesome and so fun and dirty but Mochi Beats is really…sexy. It’s usually only two songs on each track and I don’t know what it is about it, but it’s just a little….sexier! It tops all the other mash-ups I’ve been digging over the past year, including Hood Internet and DJ Earworm. (Although those are both awesome!!) I used a bunch of the Mochi Beats songs on Face Down, Ass Up because they are short and it’s nearly impossible to find a quick, two-minute recovery song for a spinning playlist.

I’ve seriously been jamming to just this playlist for the past several days and really cannot get enough of it. I think you guys will love it as much as I do so check it out and have an awesome weekend!

1 rosy May 14, 2010 at 6:01 pm

if this were facebook, i would like this ONE HUNDRED TIMES! thank you for free music!

2 Laura May 14, 2010 at 8:10 pm

OMFG…this music is AMAZING…not only is it some sicky jams, but it was FREE! LOVE that!!!

3 Dori May 14, 2010 at 8:35 pm

What would I do about music if not for you? I’ve listened to and exercised to this full album and I am obsessed. My 10K tomorrow playlist is set and there will be 3 Mochi Beats appearances on it!
.-= Dori´s last blog ..DSB Posting Schedule =-.

4 Laura Georgina May 14, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Aw, you’re gonna keep my booty in swing with this! I love mashups too and I’m always looking for sources so this is awesome, merci very much.

I was reminded yet again of how much tunes have to do with workouts when I found a CD I forgot my sister had given me and listened to it while running yesterday. OMG, did not even CARE about the dirty old men on my route because I was bopping too much to care! (It was a great Diplo live show called the I Like Turtles Mix, from Coachella festival a few years ago–MIA and Queen with Caribbean dancehall beats, cannot recommend it enough.)

M
.-= Laura Georgina´s last blog ..The Saturday Racing Debate Is Put To Bed =-.

5 Missy Maintains May 14, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Yep..spent my Friday night sitting here listening to the entire album. Dori told me to put it on and I LOVE it!
.-= Missy Maintains´s last blog ..To Juice or Not to Juice… =-.

6 MelissaNibbles May 15, 2010 at 5:49 am

My best friend is obsessed with that album. It’s so good for working out!

7 Katie May 15, 2010 at 7:33 am

Have you heard of Milkman and THC? Another good mashup group!

8 Sher July 12, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Thank you so much for the link!! AWESOME AWESOME! Cannot wait to go running tomorrow!