Have Your Cake…

by Rachel on May 28, 2010

Go shorty…

Seriously, you guys, THANK YOU. If there’s one thing I miss about my old site design, it’s the “Getting It” in the title. I want to be around people who “get it” and I can’t explain what “it” is but if you’re here, then I know you do.

I thought about linking to some of my favorite posts from the past year but then I realized I’d much rather list YOUR favorite posts…the ones you guys really connected with! Honestly, when you like a post, it makes me really love it! So here are what I’ve come to see as your — and therefore my — faves!

The No Asshole Diet

I’m Lovin’ It

Drunken Banana Cookies

The Diet Scale of Terror

The Thing About Rejection

When Being Healthy Sucks

Also, a birthday isn’t complete without gifts! I have a giveaway planned but I wanted to save it for after the weekend because I am sure some of you are already holiday-ing and I don’t want anyone to miss out. But I’ll have that for you on Tuesday!

And also…I got another little blog birthday gift last night! Remember my post about Kenny, my favorite spin instructor? Well…HE FOUND ME! Last night he left me this comment on Shedding It:

Rachel, Ken Moody here! Someone told me about this post, and I HAD to see it and read it for myself! Thank you sooooooo MUCH for all the kind words about my class. And I am so glad it all worked for you. As a fitness instructor, you know how important inspiration is. And we get it wherever we can find it!!! And it makes me glad that you were able to find some inspiration while taking class with me. Now, the title of the song you are looking for is called Discoteka, (Peter Rauhofer remix) by a group called Starkillers. (I make the beat go BOOM papi!!!) You can find it on iTunes. But keep in mind that it is 8 minutes long!!!! Thanks again Rachel for all the flattering sentiments. And email me to let me know you got the song info!!!

I nearly peed my pants. So exciting…so cool…and I’ll be damned if I didn’t rock out to that song for a good 30 minutes last night!

All right, peops! It is a birthday and a holiday weekend so I’m done posting until I’ve sufficiently gotten my tan on, my BBQ on, my drink on (and my smoke on and go home with something to poke on…just kidding) and my summer kick-off on! Go celebrate and have a fabulous weekend!

1 Bridget@PavementandPlants May 28, 2010 at 8:29 am

Oh Happy (Blog) Birthday, Rachel!!!! Man, you’ve run a half, run a marathon, made Thanksgiving dinner, created Spinning Classes, got an agent, and wrote about vibrators. What a productive year!

2 Janna ~ Just Flourishing May 28, 2010 at 8:43 am

How appropriate. It’s my ACTUAL birthday today :)

Happy blog birthday to you! Your posts/videos ALWAYS bring a smile to my day.

3 Hayley @ Breath of Fire May 28, 2010 at 8:44 am

Congrats on one year of blogging! I love your attitude and the unique voice you put behind the blog. It’s a refreshing change from the still great, but “chaste” (as you put it) healthy living blogs. Your posts always make me smile!

4 Dori May 28, 2010 at 8:59 am

AMAZING! I wonder who told him about the post?? Love the internet world. And I have the song on now, amazing! Cleaning all day, so it will help get me through it.
.-= Dori´s last blog ..UAE Healthy Kidney 10K Race Recap =-.

5 Rachel Marlena May 28, 2010 at 9:27 am

I cannot tell you how amazingly fortunate I was to discover both Sheddingit.com and you — it has meant so much to me! I always look forward to seeing/hearing/reading your latest insights on boys, food, exercise, alcohol, etc. etc. etc. The community you have created here is such an inspiration and I am glad to be a part of it (and to have a Life Coach whoop whoop!).

Happy birthday xoxo

6 Missy Maintains May 28, 2010 at 9:59 am

Happy Blog Birthday! That is so cool about your spin teacher! I am going to go home and download that song :)
.-= Missy Maintains´s last blog ..Mets vs. Phillies! =-.

7 amanda May 28, 2010 at 10:32 am

Happy birthday blog!! I love your blog and try to check it at least once a day. :)

8 jenna May 28, 2010 at 12:36 pm

happy birthday blog! i am so happy to have discovered shedding it, it’s provided many lol’s the last year, along with much inspiration. enjoy your holiday weekend!

9 Emily May 28, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Thank you so much for all the inspiration!

10 Laura Georgina May 28, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Happy Bloggie Birthday! I can’t believe it’s only been around for a year–I feel like I’ve known this lovely blog forever (and I only started reading in September, I think?). I raise my lime, liquid, and salt to the awesomeness that is this blog :-)
.-= Laura Georgina´s last blog ..Twitter to the Rescue: Tweeting Your Way to a Better Run =-.

11 Kionda May 28, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Happy Birthday Rachel’s Blog! What got me here? Your Differences Between White Girls and Black Girls At the Gym video! Had me ROTFLMAO multiple times. The wonderful ladies at Black Girls Run posted it on their Facebook fan page and I’ve been following you ever since. Keep up the great work Chica! Your next year is going to be extraordinary! ♥

12 cassie May 29, 2010 at 8:40 am

happy one year anniversary.. wishing you many more… keep up the great work..