New Month, New Goals: June

by Rachel on June 1, 2010

It’s June! Sum-sum-summertime!

(It’s also my mom’s birthday — happy birthday, mamacita!)

Now, we must get onto the business of setting new goals!

GET IT GIRL

First, a recap of my May goals

• Embody French Women Don’t Get Fat. Pretty well done! I did lots of walking, cooked some French recipes from the book…and started listening to French radio and brushing up my French skillz! I feel so cultured and thin. Def going to keep this one alive!
  • Core Fusion/Yoga Remix. This went pretty well, and I rocked out with Core Fusion Sport (as much as it killed me sometimes)…but I have to admit that I only did yoga one time. I am terrible about sticking with yoga. Terrible!
  • Drink more water. This went so well! Having a cute water bottle was exactly what I needed. It also reminded me why I hate drinking more water…I swear I lost about two hours of work a day because I was always going pee.

And now on to this month…

• Go for a morning walk. I usually go for a walk in the afternoon, but now that it’s summer, I think starting my day with a walk will be really nice and just make me feel good. It will also break up my workout schedule a bit, which I’ve been doing with my strength training and really liking.
  • Sell my shizz. I am pretty sure I have a lot of “clutter” that could be turned into “cash,” as they say. I need to do this…and I need to unload as much stuff as possible before I move. I’m kind of excited to see how this goes and report back!
  • Core Fusion Ms. New Booty Challenge. For this month’s Core Fusion Challenge, I want to focus on my lower body. I’m going to do Thighs & Glutes four times a week (in addition to Pure Arms & Abs twice a week). I did it start-to-finish last night and GOOD LORD. I truly did not know it was possible for your legs to shake that much when there isn’t someone’s face between them. And from the noises I was making, it kinda sounded like there was. I’m convinced the girls doing the background moaning for rap songs are just doing this DVD.

Yes, it was hard as hell, but after what Latisse did for my lashes, I’m pretty sure that committing to this DVD is the final step in reaching my ultimate life goal of looking like Bambi.

Anyway, that’s all I got for June…I’m all about enjoying the lazy days of summer so I don’t want too many responsibilities.

What are your June goals?? Do share!

1 Michelle @ Eatingjourney June 1, 2010 at 7:52 am

1. Work out 3x/week with a 25 cardio/35 weight regiment
2. Listen to my body (yeah I have been saying that forever, but I actually want to do it and not just so I can say that in the blog world).
3. Limit sugar
4. Mentally clear my mind of mental clutter

WOOT!

M

2 Karoline June 1, 2010 at 8:17 am

What equipment do you need for the Core Fusion DVDs? I live in NYC but can’t afford the classes, so I’m thinking I need to get the DVDs…

3 Rachel June 1, 2010 at 8:36 am

Karoline — here is a round up of all the DVDs/classes on YogaVibes and what equipment you need! http://www.rachelwilkerson.com/2010/05/10/core-fusion-review-round-up/

4 Karoline June 1, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Perfect- thanks so much!

5 shelby @ eatdrinkrun June 1, 2010 at 9:22 am

I’m interested to hear how Operation Sell Shizz goes. I have a lot of stuff I could unload too but have just been unmotivated to make it happen.

Hmm, my goals?

– Get my skincare on track – I know I need to go for an (overdue) yearly check and replace my bottle of sunscreen.
– Read more. Now that my gym’s roof deck is open, I have no excuse! (Hmm, Pilates or lounge chair?)
– Run YTD PRs in the 5K and 10K I’m doing this month!

6 Trinidad Pena June 1, 2010 at 10:26 am

Karoline – Ruelala has exhale spa sales all the time. One is coming at the end of june! Last time I bought a 10-pack for $178. You have to invited to join Ruelala. Let me know if you need an invite. I bought the DVDs on half.com (for about $9 each) and do them during the week, plus I go to class one on the weekend. It’s a good combo, and the 10-pack seems to last me until there’s another sale.

Here are my June Goals:
Core Fusion- I’m doing a similar challenge to yours Rachels’. It’s all about the booty!!!
Thigh and Glutes 3x a week. But I’m substituting the pretzel for either an arms or abs segment. And then Body Sculpt or Lean and Toned 2x a week, but substituting one section for an extra glute or thigh, probably nixing the IMPOSSIBLE round back or the stretch sculpt. Have you seen the booty on the DVD cover? Seriously!

-Cardio – 45 minutes 3x a week. Which hopefully, I can get from riding my bike around or playing Just Dance on my Wii but if not spin class or the elliptical machine.

-Drink more water – I don’t know why I find this so hard. I pretty much live on coffee and wine.

-Nutrition – I’m going to try to get my 5 a day fruits and veggies! Hopefully, eating so many servings will keep full and less likely to eat sweets and pasta.

7 MelissaNibbles June 1, 2010 at 10:36 am

Damn girl. Good luck doing that dvd that many times during the week! I’m so sore after I can only do it once maybe twice a week.
How long do you usually walk for? I want to add more walking to my workout program and only do about 20 minutes at a time right now.

My goals? I haven’t thought about it much yet, but I want to find a workout program that works for my body and get rid of these brown spots on my face. I’m clueless when it comes to skincare products though. Good luck with your goals!

8 Caroline June 1, 2010 at 11:02 am

My goal for June is to get on a solid workout schedule for my study abroad program. I worked way to hard all year at the gym and in the kitchen to let it go to waste while I’m cruising around the Mediterranean this summer! and ps did latisse really work for you? I used to have such long lashes and I swear my lashes have not been as lush since before I went veg 2 years ago!

9 Rachel June 1, 2010 at 11:06 am

Loving these goals you guys!!

Pena — I WANT the booty from the cover!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!

Melissa — I usually walk for 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on how much time I have/what I’m in the mood for! If I’m on the phone with a friend, I can walk and talk for 90, but usually I do 45 on my own. The morning walks are going to be 30 though…just a way to start my day off right!

Caroline — YES Latisse works. Here’s my post on it. http://www.rachelwilkerson.com/2009/12/03/latisse-review/

10 Trinidad Pena June 2, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Me too! I won’t be happy until I have the kind of booty people write songs about. Now that’s a goal!
.-= Trinidad Pena´s last blog ..Welcome to The Budget Socialite.com! =-.

11 Cate June 1, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I love this idea for setting monthly goals, I am not sure why I haven’t done it before.
So here’s my plan
-use Twitter (your posts have inspired me to do so; I just joined!)
-read more books! I love to read and I have the time to do it more often now
-try new fitness routines from DVDs & Exercise TV. (I am going to order Core Fusion and check it out this month.)

p.s. just wanted to say thanks for having such an informative, interesting, and inspiring blog, I love reading what you have to say! :)
.-= Cate´s last blog ..Reasons to Quit Your Soda Habit =-.

12 Rachel June 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Cate — so glad you’re in on the monthly goals thing! It works so well!! Thank you for the compliment…and welcome to Twitter!!

13 Tara June 1, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Pump the Iron. I haven’t been happy with my upper arms since undergrad when I would closeout the gym. I should thank the hottie from my chem class who gave me reason to hit the weights hard every night without fail. A little eye candy never hurts. And I am thinking Pure Arms and Abs is just what I need.

Hit the streets. I will take outside workouts any day over a gym because I love being outside. I am no stranger to running in the rain and yes, even in the snow. (Plus, it’s great motivation because you want to hurry up and run those 4 miles because well, it’s freezing!) In the summer months I usually just do a few shorter walks/jogs throughout the day, but I would love, love to be able to run a few miles in the morning before work. It’s nearly impossible because I have to have all extracurricular activity in the morning done by 6am (except the occasional quickie), but something I totally want to do.

And my most important goal is to be real with myself. When I just feel like I’m gonna sit and stare at the piece of pizza all night unless I eat it, I just need to be real with myself. Why the hell do I want it? Just what is that pizza gonna do for me? I have a lot of willpower so when I get weak like that there is usually an underlying reason. So, if it’s because I’m feeling little more than under whelmed about my work that day or because a two didn’t return my call, then I need to address that. I mean, he is a TWO after all and I really shouldn’t waste 500 calories on him.

And I’ll throw in perking up (and twerking) my ass for good measure. Who can’t use a good lift?

And finally, I’m hoping to find a way to spin without a gym membership. Because who doesn’t want to be face down, ass up?!?

14 Rachel June 2, 2010 at 7:30 am

Tara I LOVE your goals!!! “Be real with myself” sort of, to me, goes along with “don’t be ridiculous.” It’s like having that talk with yourself of, “Am I being ridiculous? Yes, I am.”

Can’t wait to hear how it all goes for you!! And I think you will love Pure Arms & Abs. Also, I’m going to start referring to what I am doing to my ass as “perking and twerking.” I don’t use the word “twerk” nearly enough.

15 adrianna June 2, 2010 at 7:50 am

this blog is awesome. loves!
goals:
–increase weight training, slightly lessen cardio…working on filling out a bit more.
–decrease frozen meal intake…so convenient when you work and live by yourself.
–enjoying summer socially and mentally…day to day can be so monotonous, and i need to stop being so lazy and do stuff.
–smile! …cant ever do that enough :)

ps–do you really use latisse? any side effects? did it work?

16 Rachel June 2, 2010 at 7:56 am

Adrianna — love these! Lessening cardio in favor of strength will make a big difference, I swear! And I like your enjoying summer goal…that’s a really, really good one!

And yes, I really use Latisse. It really really works. People ask me all the time if I’m wearing falsies. I have had extensions before but I like this WAY better and it’s a lot cheaper. I actually only use it every other day now to make my bottle really last . My lashes are so long and thick! Side effects: for the first week or so it made my eyes itch a lot when I woke up. (You apply it before bed.) WORTH IT! I should upload some pics this week to show you guys.

17 adrianna June 5, 2010 at 6:45 pm

thank you for replying :) i was curious bc i have a lot of patients ask me about it…did you get it from your dermatologist? primary care doc? eye doc? (i do the eye thing, and have yet to prescribe it…) seems like derms are more apt to give the Rx.

have an awesome weekend!

18 Rachel June 6, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Adrianna — I went to a medical spa that does things like laser hair removal and Botox! Mostly I think derms give it out though!!