I used the recipe in the June issue of Cooking Light, which is just one of my absolute favorite magazines. They just nail it every single month!
This was really easy!
This is How We Do It…
- Combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice in a pain and bring to a boil.
- Add three medium peeled and sliced overripe bananas. (Or use thawed fronanas!)
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 30 minutes, until slightly thick, mashing the banana occasionally with the back of a spoon.
- Do not neglect the pot! I did for like five minutes and everything burned up and I nearly ruined a nice pan. FAIL.
- Stir in two tablespoons of butter (or coconut oil!!).
- Let that shizz cool and then put it in an empty jar.
- Scoop, spread, eat, repeat.
HELLO — delicious and impressive. And it’s such a fun, cute thing to make as a summer hostess gift!