The Best Astrology Site Ever

by Rachel on June 23, 2010

I love me some astrology. My whole family is definitely into it too. Call me crazy, but to be perfectly honest, I don’t think it’s any crazier than some of the stuff I learned growing up in Catholic school.

I am a Leo with Leo rising (August 7, 1985, 6:22 AM). When I found this out, I was pretty unsurprised. I’d always been a little more Leo than all the other Leos I know! (I mean….this hair…) But I really do love reading about people’s signs because I do think it affects how people behave and really relate to each other. It’s like why I loved Why Him? Why Her? I love thinking about why people are they way they are!

In chatting about horoscopes one day, my old intern directed me to Astrology Zone, Susan Miller’s horoscope site and the best horoscopes I’ve ever read. She posts the new monthly horoscopes on the first day of each month and I always get so excited for them (as do all my friends, whom I’ve passed the site onto as well). This isn’t reading my horoscope so much as reading a prediction of the future. She always just nails it. Everything is dead on. Everything!

This month?

I have saved for last the best news of all! Jupiter, the giver of gifts and luck, will move into your ninth house of distant, exotic travel on June 8 and stay for the duration of the summer, until September 9. Romantically, travel and romance will be very tightly linked because the ruler of your solar fifth house of true love/new love will be based in your ninth house. Here’s the fun part – because Jupiter will be shoulder to shoulder with Uranus, you may go on your trip together very unexpectedly.

So that’s another reason I ended up here in Houston!

Anyway, if you are into astrology, I definitely recommend this site! I’ve passed it on to all of my real-life friends, (every month, we’re just like, “So what did Susan say!?”) but I realized that I need to share with you all (my imaginary friends).

1 Sari June 23, 2010 at 11:38 am

Good site! Most detailed horoscopes I have ever seen. So accurate. I work in publishing and my horoscope said “Alternatively, a publishing, broadcasting, or academic goal or venture may have completely captured your attention over the past eight months.” wowwww. how does she know!?

2 Elisabeth June 23, 2010 at 11:39 am

OK, I love astrology. Numerology. Anything of that realm…

And this freaking horoscope was dead on.

“This will be one wild month, with more ups and downs than a rollercoaster, but if you stay true to your sign, you’ll wind up on top and find ways to make things work for you. In an odd way, the disruptions and upsets you may experience this month will work to your favor, but you may not realize this immediately. Sometimes we are too close to one tiny piece of the mosaic to be able to take in the whole mural.”

I hope that she’s right about all of my ups and downs this month working in my favor. Thank you…I have a new fave!

3 Katie June 23, 2010 at 11:47 am

Cal Garrison’s horoscopes in Real Detroit Weekly have a huge following. People are always posting them on Facebook and commenting on their creepy accuracy! My logical side (thanks, Virgo) tells me that I should not believe in astrology, but I have decided that it would be closed-minded of me to completely ignore them. She’s the real deal, as far as I’m concerned.

Check it out.. http://www.realdetroitweekly.com/

4 Ashley June 23, 2010 at 11:49 am

Is your Texan a Sagittarius? I’m a Leo and my fiance is a Sagittarius and from everything I’ve read (and experienced), it just works.

5 Ashley June 23, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Umm, I read the Web site you recommended …. and as a fellow Leo are you not terrified of June 26?!

6 Dori June 23, 2010 at 6:01 pm

UM as an Aries I am now DREADING June 26. I guess it is a scary day for many of us according to Susan??!!

7 Katie June 23, 2010 at 11:58 am

Thanks!! I love astrology too, my mom and aunt are really into it despite their uber-Catholic upbringing. I’ve had friends and family stunned at how accurate a description gemini is for me. It’s almost dead on. I’ll check this out later.

8 tish June 23, 2010 at 12:54 pm

ok that’s just spooky. this ish was dead on about my creative projects and love crap…said i’d find my luv after winter and that’s exactly when ole boy and i finally decided to stop being numb nuts. she mentioned social networking crap i’ve been doing…spooky.

thanks for this virtual friend :)

9 Janna June 23, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Yes! Thank you! I love astrology!

I didn’t even know about “rising” signs until you mentioned it. I looked it up and apparently I’m a Gemini with an Aquarius rising! Neat!

10 Dori June 23, 2010 at 6:02 pm

THANK YOU. Let’s hope this is right about my job situation, because so far it is eerily knowledgeable about that.

11 ashleigh June 23, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Wow that horoscope was crazy!! There were so many things that had happened this month that she said would happen. Now I wonder what’s to come!

12 Rachel's Mom June 23, 2010 at 8:53 pm

So this is what she said about Gemini and the first eclipse on June 26th….

“You may see a prominent woman in your life move away or somehow leave your environment, for this is an eclipse of the moon, and the moon is read as feminine. ”

“You are fortunate in that you are a flexible, adaptable Gemini, for your personality is well suited to dealing with sudden changes or challenges as they come up. ”

She also said I’d have some money trouble around the eclipse, too, but that’s every day, so I don’t know if I should worry!

13 Suzanne June 23, 2010 at 9:43 pm

I read my horoscope every day in the paper, so this is great… hopefully she’s accurate for me and my job search- things actually have been looking up a bit :)
Above, Katie mentioned that her mom and aunt are really into it too- so is mine and her family. She was brought up Catholic but is Chinese, so is very superstitious and places a lot of value in stuff like this.
ANyway, thanks for the info (as usual!) Rachel!

14 zenLizzie June 24, 2010 at 12:35 am

I would have guessed you’re a Leo from the amount of things you write that I can relate to. I’ve always felt like “such a Leo” right down to being totally preoccupied with my hair and what it is doing. (My birthday is Aug. 11.) My two best friends have the same birthday, so I’ve always believed there was something astrological at work there.

15 Astrology4Horoscopes June 25, 2010 at 12:54 pm

hi rachel…,and rachel’s mom!
kewl blog with lots of bee-utiful profile photos. it’s always a delight to meet so many new faces who are passionate about astrology.
…and, sites on horoscopes and the zodiac are so wonderfully “civil” and positive. i’ve never encountered the “flaming” that is so common on other blogs and forums (except from the sceptic and troll that occasionally invade our space).
here’s to the lunar eclipse in the morning!

16 Rahul June 29, 2010 at 8:37 am

Ya fine… This is believable…..

17 PiuPiu July 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm

hi, i found out your site while i was googling, the weird thing my birthday is also 7th of august,1985 and my birth card says it was 6 am when i was born. so we have almost the same birth chart because my rising sign is leo as well according to the zone i’m living.. so just like me, not only your rising sign but your mars and mercury is in Leo as well. more and more.. i never had a reading for the chart, but it would be exciting. Susan Miller’s predictions do not become true on me, but i read her every month..

18 Lola October 13, 2010 at 4:54 pm

OMG!!!! I’ve been reading my horoscope on that site for about a year now!! they are pretty
damn accurate if you ask me!
Love your site by the way :)
xoxo