It’s July 1st…you know what that means!
First, let’s check in with June! Um, June was a little rough, mainly because I took on a bunch of new work-related projects and then went on an unplanned vacation. Hey…I did my best!
- Go for a morning walk. This went great for the first week until inclement weather got in the way and I fell off the wagon. I still went for my daily walks, but I didn’t return to my morning exercising roots.
- Sell my shizz. No time. Just no time. I still might actually try to get on this over the holiday weekend.
- Core Fusion Ms. New Booty Challenge. This goal was really, really, really hard. First of all, I realized that with the way my schedule was set for the days I teach spin, I could only do the Thighs & Glutes DVD three days a week, as opposed to the four I had planned. Um…three was plenty. My lower body wasn’t so much always sore as always just tired. I did my best and managed ten sessions this month; I wanted to do twelve, but always getting in two days a week was fine with me. And the bottom line is that my bottom line looks fantastic.
All right, moving right along, looking hopefully toward the future…
- Do an hour of Core Fusion twice a week. My hour of CF is going to be a mash-up of my faves: two arms and one abs segment from Pure Abs & Arms and two thigh and one butt segment from Thighs & Glutes.
- Run for 20 minutes three times a week. I’ve been loving not washing my hair as often but, I don’t know…lately I have just felt like running. But at the same time, I haven’t actually been running. So I want to make it a goal so I’ll actually be sure to do it. (Oh and Susan Miller said I need to focus on my health this month and that it’s a good time to start a new routine or get back on track. The July horoscopes aren’t up on the site yet but I have the Blackberry app and get everything day early for some reason.)
- Work on freelancing articles to magazines. I don’t know why I haven’t been on this sooner. I have an agent, I have a ton of good content and material; it will not even take that much effort to do this. WTF, Rachel? I’ve been really focused on other forms of income lately and I totally forgot that can, actually, make me money.
This month feels really off because I’m moving to Ann Arbor in two weeks. I’m not giving myself very strict goals because my life feels incredibly up in the air right now. I don’t know why; moving isn’t that big of a deal and I’m not moving that far. Still, I just feel like mentally I’m on summer vacation right now and that means I want to spend less time feeling like I have to do anything. And, honestly, there’s not a ton I feel like I want to do this month. These goals will help me keep pushing myself without feeling like I’m missing out on summer to work out or work. Sometimes, I think, we all feel ourselves starting to slow down and I’m pretty sure that in the same way that urge comes at 3 PM during the day, it also comes during the entire month of July for many people.
So that’s all I got! Are you on a mental summer vacation too or are you setting some goals? Whatcha got for July?