Road Tripping by the Numbers

by Rachel on August 9, 2010

Twenty-five candles.

Two days.

$125 in BP gas cards.

Five hours of audiobooks.

Twelve playlists.

Three trips to McDonalds.

800 miles without seeing a single BP.

One “we might actually run out of gas” panic attack.

One night in the Motel Six.

Three hours of ex talk.

Two hours of sex talk.

Six states.

23 hours of driving.

1350 miles in a 1995 Blazer.

One long weekend.

9:30 bedtime.

Zero time to recover! Eric and I are both back at work this morning and tonight I have to move into my new apartment. But I’m here! We made it safely, without any problems, and I’m so glad that it’s over and done with. I don’t want to be inside my car for more than twenty minutes at a time for the next couple months.

1 ashleigh August 9, 2010 at 9:06 am

Glad you made it safely to Texas and didn’t run out of gas! Enjoy your work day at the new job and good luck on the move tonight!

2 Rachel's Mom August 9, 2010 at 9:39 am

I’m glad I booked the Motel 6 because Hampton Inn wouldn’t have worked with your blog post.

3 Alexandra August 9, 2010 at 10:08 am

Rachel – congratulations on moving and starting a great life for yourself in Texas. Only wishing you the very best.

4 Robyn August 9, 2010 at 10:42 am

Glad you made it! :) Hope you’re as rested as you can be!

5 Summer August 9, 2010 at 10:47 am

So glad you made it! Thanks for taking some time to give guidance via Twitter…Twisdom, if you will.

Enjoy the heat—from both TX and the bf!

6 Rachel Marlena August 9, 2010 at 11:37 am

Had some very similar experiences on the trek from LA to Boston, albeit without a handsome boyfriend. Try to stay cool in that miserable weather!
Xoxo

7 Bonnie B August 9, 2010 at 12:13 pm

So glad you are there safe and sound. And thanks for posting even though you must be exhausted.

8 sbg August 9, 2010 at 12:19 pm

wow! long drive. glad you made it safe and sound!

9 amanda August 9, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound to Texas. I love that state and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when I lived there.

10 sara August 10, 2010 at 12:24 pm

i moved to texas from PA in 23 hours of straight driving (no overnight stop!) & said i would NEVER drive again. 2 years later, i just made the roadtrip up for my summer visit (more drivers, & we stopped in KY overnight this time!) & i’m getting ready to drive back down – let’s see if we can do it! those “by the numbers” look around right – except we never see Sheetz gas stationhalfway through ohio & it’s painful