What’s the first thing I do on the first of the month?
Um, read my horoscope. (September is looking good for Leo!)
What’s the next thing I do?
Set some goals!
Normally, I like to recap the previous month’s goals, but in all honesty, my goal-making has moved to the back of my mind since the whole move-to-Texas plan got set in motion. It’s hard for me to care about too many things in the summer — I mostly just like to eat ice cream and hang out — so I just did my best to stay active, healthy, and somewhat career focused.
But now that it’s September, I’m ready to get down to business. I don’t know about you guys, but fall is my best time of year. I like the refreshing “back to school” feeling — it makes me want to put on my Catholic school girl uniform and go piss off my teachers.
Here’s what’s up this month!
- Get focused back on my professional goals. I’ve got things in the work with my agent — I need to make those things my number one goal every month until I’ve achieved everything I want to achieve. Plain and simple.
- Start TRX training. I have wanted to play with a TRX for so long, I can’t even tell you! The only problem is it’s a pricey system to buy. I’ve tried to win it. I’ve tried to get it free for reviewing here. (Shameless, I know.) I looked at the knockoff version. I watched YouTube videos and considered making my own. But it still hasn’t happened. So when my blogger friend Elisabeth pitched her TRX Try It program, I said, “All you other tricks back off — it’s mine first.” It arrived yesterday and I’m so excited to start using it. The goal: a total body workout, twice a week. That, and not breaking any bones while trying to use it.
- Be a weekend warrior. Miraculously, my jeans somehow still fit, but that won’t be the case for long if I don’t stop totally letting go on the weekends. I have to do cardio on the weekends. It just has to happen. My overall workout plan is an hour of TRX twice a week, an hour of Core Fusion twice a week, and three days a week of cardio. Halloween is in six weeks, people. It just has to happen.
- Get to know Houston. I’ve been working at this pretty diligent already, but I want to make it official. I need friends here. I need a life here. I need to make that my priority, which means saying yes to new people, new things, and new experiences as much as humanly (well, financially) possible.
- Not burst into tears every time I walk by fall-themed items in stores. Just kidding. That’s totally not a goal. I’m sure Eric wishes it were, and wishes I’d stop getting mopey every time someone tweets that they just had a pumpkin latte, but fall is my favorite season and I’m pretty bummed that somewhere in the world, the leaves are changing colors and it’s not 100 degrees outside.
Last fall was a great time for me; I started half-marathon training, cooking a ton, became a certified PT, really came into my own as a blogger, and I truly began to shake off my not-so-great year in NYC. I hope this fall is just as productive, healthy, and happy!
Anyone else have goals to declare and share?