Labor (Day) of Love

by Rachel on September 4, 2010

My horoscope for this month said, “On the weekend of September 4, both Venus and Mars will be in perfect angle to Neptune, quite a glamorous vibration. September 4 is likely to be a very special romantic night, especially if you’re on the road not too far from home with your partner.”

If Susan Miller says it, it must be so.

Dear Susan — Please tell me what to do about the fact that this supposedly glamorous date night has nearly been ruined by the three-hour argument over college football that took place on Thursday night.  Currently, I’m not feeling too romantic at all.

What’s everyone else up to today?

1 Christie {Honoring Health} September 4, 2010 at 8:46 am

We are going to the county fair.

Kinda sweet.

2 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter September 4, 2010 at 11:54 am

We’re having a small family reunion. There will definitely be a battle over football today. My uncle likes Boise State, as a proper Oregon Duck fan I can’t stand Boise State, we can’t find the Oregon game on TV even though there are going to be a few Oregon Alumni here. It will be a fun day :)

3 D September 4, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I’m debating signing up for my first marathon so I was going through old blog posts of yours and other bloggers, when I got to your post just after the marathon and read this line:

“My family is currently at Disney World and after I have some lunch and pack I am going to meet them there. (And hopefully see Prince Eric this time.) ”

Hahaha!

4 Amanda September 4, 2010 at 8:12 pm

I went shopping with my mom! And now we’re watching football.

5 Paige S September 4, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I’m currently going through fall rush right now. It’s definitely an intimidating experience but just remembering “sorry I’m not sorry” has gotten me through the day. :)

6 NiftyEats September 5, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I love weddings, that’s a pretty dress!!

7 Kari September 6, 2010 at 8:34 am

Great dress!! Sorry to here that football was being such a cockblock on the first half of the holiday :) Hope you had an amazing time!