Tie One On

by Rachel on October 2, 2010

I know some of my creepier followers would prefer otherwise, but I cannot, in fact, cook naked.

As I’m starting my “cook hard” goal this month, I realized I need a new apron! It’s been nearly a year since I bought my favorite vintage apron with the kids ice skating, but I want to get something new and not so Christmassy.

I went to the same Etsy shop where I bought my first one and am loving all the new designs. (Seriously…cutest prints ever!) I’ve narrowed it down to a few contenders (hardly, as they are all so great!) but I need help choosing one…

We have lovebirds, skulls, and owls.

I know the owls are seasonal, but I could wear that print for two months until switching to my Christmas apron. I think I’m leaning on that one just because I love Halloween so much.

But I also love the first two, so I really don’t know!

What do you guys think?

1 Rosey Rebecca October 2, 2010 at 9:58 am

I vote for all of them. You can wear them all at the same time, and be extra clean in the kitchen.

Ha- if I had to choose, I’d stay lovebirds, then skulls, then owls.

The end.

2 Liz October 2, 2010 at 10:00 am

I normally love birds and owls, but the skull one is adorable! I think the colors are the best in the skull one.

3 Cynthia (It All Changes) October 2, 2010 at 10:05 am

I love the Day of the Dead looking Skulls. Perfect for a Halloween-esque theme but you can wear all year. I love “Dia de los Muertos”.

4 Rachel October 2, 2010 at 10:07 am

See, I was thinking the SAME THING!

5 Melanie October 4, 2010 at 9:00 am

This is exactly what I was going to say!

6 Kristen October 2, 2010 at 10:09 am

You’re right, the owls are a super cute Halloween print, but I love the birds for year-round use!

7 Paul (@minutrition) McConaughy October 2, 2010 at 10:32 am

Does Eric get one?

8 Rachel October 2, 2010 at 10:43 am

HA…I mean, you don’t really need an apron if all you’re doing is toasting bread.

9 Laura Georgina October 2, 2010 at 10:44 am

Skulls because they look like the costume from the carnival band I’m (kinda regrettably) not in… No personal vested interest here or anything, right? I also think the colors on the skulls one are kinda boss.

And now I know where I’ll be trying to persuade my nearest and dearest to spend their hard-earned cash on me! Love that shop…

10 Stephanie @ The Cookie Battle October 2, 2010 at 10:52 am

I have to say I really like the lovebirds one, but I’m super girly like that. I am loving the cut of those aprons, I might have to get one for myself!

11 MoneyMaus October 2, 2010 at 11:05 am

I vote for skulls! The colors are great and contrast of soft/hard is awesome. :)

12 Holly October 2, 2010 at 11:21 am

Wait, why are owls seasonal?! because of the orange background? I would totally rock that apron all.year.round. With that said, I think the day of the dead skull one is edgy but cute and that’s the one I’d pick for ya :) Where did you find them?

13 Smash October 2, 2010 at 11:30 am

I love the skulls… also appropriate for this time of year (Dia de los Muertos!) but the Halloween one is SO fun, too. The birds look too springy, but still very pretty.

14 elaine! October 2, 2010 at 11:54 am

Skulls!!!! Maybe I’m partial because my birthday is on Dia de los Muertos :) And I loooove sugar skull imagery… they make awesome henna designs and tattoos! Who would have thought they’d make a good apron?

You better get it soon or else I might ;)

15 Jaclyn October 2, 2010 at 12:04 pm

The lovebirds! That one is amazing! I like the skulls too, but, oh, the lovebirds. I might have to get that one for myself!

16 Bridget@PavementandPlants October 2, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I cannot believe the Bambi one didn’t make the running!

I’m a fan of the Lovebirds but that’s just because I love love. There would be something incredibly sexy about a nice woman cooking dinner with a badass skull apron though.

17 Rachel October 2, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I didn’t see the Bambi one! It may have been because I only go for the “Bella” style though.

18 Bridget@PavementandPlants October 2, 2010 at 1:30 pm
19 Rachel October 2, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Ohhh, that is REALLY cute! Might actually beat the skulls…damnit!!

20 Tara October 2, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Sorry to make this harder than it already seems to be, but I say Bambi or Bust!!!

21 loreejo October 2, 2010 at 12:21 pm

i vote for the owls. then in jan or feb, you can get a non-seasonal one, slowly building your “wardrobe”.

22 Bess October 2, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I’m really torn between skulls and lovebirds…prob a touch more partial to skulls though!

23 Rachel October 2, 2010 at 3:37 pm

All right, done and done. I found a $10 really cute seasonal one at Hobby Lobby today that will be great for this month. And I loved those three but Bambi was just too “me” to pass up…I love deer!

24 Ashley October 2, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Me too … venison is delicious!

….

However if there are cute Disney themed aprons at Hobby Lobby I may need to get myself there ASAP.

25 Ashley October 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm

anddddd maybe I should read all of the comments above before I make mine … gahhh

26 Ashley October 2, 2010 at 6:47 pm

I just saw your Christmas apron post the other day because you linked to it in a recent post … and I’ve been stalking that Etsy shop since. LOVE their stuff.

27 maria @ Chasing the Now October 2, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Really love the lovebirds apron!

28 Martha Lilian October 2, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Oh man, I have an apron from this Etsy shop and it’s probably my favorite of all of my aprons (and I have quite a few!) I think the Bambi one was a GREAT choice.

29 Rachel's Mom October 2, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Well, I am too late to vote, but I like the owls. You could wear it up until Thanksgiving and then switch to kids ice skating. Lovebirds to me says, “Spring!” With the hearts on it you could start wearing it in February, up until Easter or so.

30 Trinidad Pena October 4, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I know I slow rolled on this one! But I love the lovebirds. I love this estsy shop and I think I’m getting one too! I’m digging this one but the white might not be good for splatters…

31 Trinidad Pena October 4, 2010 at 12:22 pm

OMG! I’m in love with this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/56561470/the-bella-vintage-inspired-black-and

Head over heels!

32 Rachel October 4, 2010 at 1:05 pm

You should totally get it! I love her aprons!!

33 Trinidad Pena October 4, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I just ordered it! I can’t wait for it come! It’s so adorable!

34 Teri [a foodie stays fit] October 4, 2010 at 7:57 pm

OWLS for sure!

35 Tiffany (Stuffed with Fluff) October 20, 2010 at 9:46 am

ahh! so cute. i loved these aprons SO MUCH, I ordered one ASAP. haha. It’s supposed to arrive tonight and I can’t wait!

36 Rachel October 20, 2010 at 12:07 pm

FUN! Which print did you get??

37 Tiffany (Stuffed with Fluff) October 20, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I LOVED the bambi print you ended up choosing but this time around I bought the Bella Yellow Cupcakes apron…although I looked at the etsy site today, and saw an awesome retro robots print! It’s a Maggie styled apron but the nerd in me is very tempted to order one a Bella apron tonight.