Lesson #35: The Spin Cycle

by Rachel on October 13, 2010

Today’s lesson is short and sweet: do not put all your laundry in the washing machine and then hop on your spin bike.

What happens if you do? Well, if you’re me, you’ll load in your sheets, your underwear, and every single one of your towels. Then you’ll go have a really good, sweaty workout, after which you’ll hop off your bike and say, “Well, I better start the second load and include these sweaty workout clothes!”

And then you’ll strip down, put them in the washing machine, put everything else in the dryer…and realize that you cannot take a shower without towels and in any case, you actually have no clean clothes to put on.

And then you’ll just pace around while your towels take for-fucking-ever to dry because you can’t really sit down in this state.

Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time I ended up embarrassingly naked in a non-sexual way, I’d be a rich woman.

Let’s hope the dryer is done before UPS shows up.

1 Manon October 13, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Oh how I knew I could count on you…..I was having the worst afternoon ever, and I thought to myself, “check your google reader, maybe there’s something funny besides people being in love with oatmeal in there.” You did not disappoint….I’m still LLOLing :)

2 Katie October 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Too funny!! Questions: what kind of spin bike do you have? Like it or recommend something else? Easy to move out of the way, if need more space? Thanks lady!

3 Rachel October 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Here is the link to my post where I talk about the bike (and the link to the bike on Amazon).

I love it! It was so worth the money. It is pretty easy to move (I lug it around my room) and is good quality for the price! It’s not as nice as some I’ve used at the gym before, but it’s nicer than some I’ve used. I definitely feel like it’s sturdier than a lot of home gym equipment and it has a good seat, which is always important! One of the best purchases I ever made…I LOVE being able to do my favorite workout in my own room!

4 Anna October 13, 2010 at 6:04 pm

I have the same exact bike (thanks to Rachel’s review) and IT IS AWESOME for the price. I love it. Now, if only there was a website where people posted thousands of awesome spin workouts to put on my iPod, I’d be all set. :)

5 Katie October 13, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Thank you both!!

6 Smash @ Appreciate The Now October 13, 2010 at 6:50 pm

*heehee* This is awesome.

7 Kendra October 13, 2010 at 7:53 pm

I always seem to end up with no pants whenever I try to do laundry.

8 Sarah October 13, 2010 at 10:21 pm

um, you are hysterical. I am seriously bummed you don’t live in nyc-i just know you would be a blast at happy hour!

9 Kaley October 14, 2010 at 3:38 am

Good point! I don’t have a dryer here in Spain, so it’s doubly difficult. We do laundry more often so I’m not stuck wearing my boyfriend’s underwear…although it might (might!) be oddly sexy.

10 Beth @ bride in the little white dress October 14, 2010 at 6:31 am

This sort of happened to me on Tuesday…. did a massive load of of undies, threw in the dryer and the dryer broke & I had just got done taking out a load out. In my dryer’s defense the sucker is 30+ years old and was making awful noises but still it worked up until that point. Needless to say, I had to find a creative way to dry a month’s worth of undies. lol

11 Trinidad Pena October 14, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Ha! That’s too funny!

12 Amber October 14, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Awesome. This seems to happen to me on a regular basis (like, every Friday) so I am glad to see I am not the only one.