Lesson #33.5: On Making Others’ Bad Days Good

by Rachel on October 14, 2010

Since Eric brought me a cupcake on Monday night to help cure my bad day, I thought I’d bake him a treat last night to distract him from the super busy week he’s having.

I used the most low-maintenance recipe ever from Eat, Live, Run because I already had the ingredients. I mean, yes, these blondies were baked with love, but I also wanted them to be baked without a trip to the grocery store.

I threw in some butterscotch chips for good measure.

They took three minutes to make and 30 minutes to bake. As soon as I pulled them out of the oven, I carried them to my car with my potholders, swung through CVS for some milk (showing up with these blondies sans milk would just be cruel), and delivered them to him still warm.

I may seem like a good girlfriend, but I assure you, I’m not. After all, now that we know I can cook naked, I think I’m going to be serving up a big dish of disappointment whenever I do it the old way.

Those blondies were pretty damn tasty though. Nothing says, “I love you” like a stick of butter.

1 Stephanie @ The Cookie Battle October 14, 2010 at 3:56 pm

a stick of butter and a POUND of sugar. but so delicious.

2 Mary (A Merry Life) October 14, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Yum.

3 Exercise and Eat October 14, 2010 at 4:02 pm

I think your man may feel like baking in the nude would trump these delish blondies! Butter = love

4 Dori October 14, 2010 at 4:12 pm

The middle looks so gooey and delicious! Will you be my girlfriend?

5 Smash @ Appreciate The Now October 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Such a sweet girlfriend!

6 Summer October 14, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Do you watch How I Met Your Mother? I love when Robin and Barney fix every problem by taking off their clothes.

Sticks of butter are pretty good at fixing problems as well. I’d love it if my BF showed up with a bouquet of butter, just for me. The TRUE Edible Arrangement.

7 Robyn October 14, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Nicely done!

The expression, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” may have some serious real-life merit. I made the broccoli-cheddar soup you posted about for my boyfriend a few weeks ago. His response? “I need to keep you around. You feed me good.”

Apparently his tastebuds and tummy were so satisfied he couldn’t form a proper sentence. ;)

8 Rachel October 14, 2010 at 6:23 pm

haha love it! But it’s so true…guys like to be well-fed!!

9 MoneyMaus October 16, 2010 at 5:19 pm

First, I am NOT a baker. Second, I just burnt my mouth on these because I was too excited to wait for them to cool. Third… they are delicious and SO EASY!! Can’t wait to have a boyfriend to make them for instead of just my roommates and friends.

Oh, and they worked fine in a 7×11 inch pan ;)