Project Tasteless: The Naked Chef Challenge Winner!

by Rachel on October 26, 2010

Oh, ladies. I’m like a proud mama right now. (Well, more like the proud mistress of a hip and modern brothel.) I was dying as I was reading the entries for the Project Tasteless Naked Chef Challenge. You put your best side boob forward and just went for it.

And wow, the things you can do with aprons, good camera angles, and baking dishes! Here’s a sampling of some of the contest pictures…

Awesome, right?!

I seriously loved reading these posts! There were so many double entendres and “that’s what she saids”…I was audibly snorting my way through most of them. I am sorry quite a few of you had kitchen fails (no biggie!) and I was kinda digging how many of you admitted to getting down and dirty while your meal was cooking.

When it came time to choose one…well, let’s just say I have a new sense of sympathy for contest judges. Choosing a winner was not easy, and my mom and I went back and forth on the phone about it for a good twenty minutes last night because choosing just one seemed unfair. But we finally agreed that one contestant brought perfect mix of gorgeous photos, delicious food, and a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor.

Allie from A Road More Balanced!

I loved her idea of presenting three types of crepes as a three-way, as well as those legs!

However, I have to give a shout-out to everyone who was in the top five. Honorable mentions go to:

Tenecia’s Vodka Pasta Sauce

Jasmine’s Cookie Fail

Cindy’s I Ain’t Got Crabs But You Got Crab Mac and Cheese

Manon’s Indian Fry Bread Fail

These entries were so great, from the fun pictures (Jasmine’s adorable smile and naughty husband and Cindy’s little cheek peek!) to the sheer ridiculousness (Manon and Tenecia…can we go out for a drink sometime soon!?). But seriously, all the entries were great, so please check out the other blogger participants!

Chandra’s Lasagna Rolls

Ashleigh’s Butternut Squash Bisque

Stephanie’s Bangin’ Pancakes

Kendra’s Chicken Parmesan

Rachael’s Lemon Raspberry Cupcake Fail

Meg’s Pumpkin Manicotti

AJ’s Quinoa Puttanesca

Thanks to everyone who entered and to those of you who are now wishing you did…check back tomorrow for the next challenge! I don’t think you’ll want to miss out on the next round!

1 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write October 26, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Fun! I’m so excited I was an honorable mention! I’ll have you know that LAST night I baked cookie with clothes on, and they turned out. Still… that naked cooking thing is fun for the whole family, if ya know what I mean.

I’m going to bookmark this and check everyone’s entries out. It was so fun and really got me out of my comfort zone. Thanks Rachel! :)

2 Paige October 26, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Your entry was a lot of fun, Jasmine! Congrats on your honorable mention!

3 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write October 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Thanks Paige. :)

4 betsy October 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm

These are all so amazing and creative…makes me wish I owned an apron!

5 Dori October 26, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Successful contest! Mazel tov to Allie, as soon as I saw her entry I knew I had nothing on her. Gorgeous photos and food!

6 Allie Finch October 26, 2010 at 1:52 pm

No way Dori — those glasses were SEXY & the “censored” shots — hilarious! What an interesting combination — those are often the best!

7 genesis October 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm

oh no, I submitted my entry the wrong way…ooops sorry. next time.

8 marie October 26, 2010 at 12:46 pm

yay for the winer- her photos were awesome! can’t wait to see what the next challenge is! :)

9 Paige October 26, 2010 at 12:51 pm

So many awesome entries! I’m excited for round two!

10 Jaclyn October 26, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Congrats, Allie! Those pictures are beautiful!

I must have screwed up with entering. Rachel, I thought we just needed to link you from our blog post? Should I have emailed also?

11 Allie Finch October 26, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Thank you Jaclyn — too bad about the mis-post :( Next Challenge! LOVED your “hypothetical” story ;)

12 Jaclyn October 26, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Yep, I see it now. I should have emailed you the link as well. Dang! I’m usually good at following instructions.

13 Allie Finch October 26, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Thanks Rachel & everyone! SO FUN. I can’t wait to look over ALL of the other entries & see what tomorrow’s challenge is!

14 Manon October 26, 2010 at 2:37 pm

YAY!! I’m glad something great like “honorable mention” came out of that shit show. It’s not every day that you dress up like an idiot and nearly burn your tits off and get rewarded for it!

You picked a great winner…Allie, your pics were GORGEOUS….and I second Rachel….”those legs!”

15 Smash @ Appreciate The Now October 26, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Kudos to all who entered! Looking forward to reading all the entries and finding some fun new bloggers to follow.

16 Summer October 27, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Agreed—I love finding new blogs to read! Excellent jobs, ladies!

17 G October 26, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I admire every single one of these girls – you are all amazing and beautiful!!! :)

18 Lisa @ I'm an Okie October 26, 2010 at 4:40 pm

love this! These are some SEXY ladies!

19 Lauren at KeepItSweet October 26, 2010 at 4:51 pm

this is so fantastic! now i wish i participated!

20 Tenecia October 26, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Umm….I think I might have a girl crush on Cindy and her vavavoom red heeels!! ;)

Thanks for the honorable mention….it was a lot of fun but I kinda hate that my husband thinks I’ll be cooking now….and naked while I’m doing it…just because I did last weekend…lol!! Like I said in my post, I’m a lush….so bring on the booze, Rachel! I mean…after my competition of course :)

T.

21 Cindy October 31, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Just saw this comment … I must say you’re one sexy mofo yourself!

Congrats on the first challenge, can’t wait to catch you on the next one!

22 stephanie October 26, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Congrats Allie! Your post was awesome. I love the contest and all of the new blogs I get to check out.

23 Chelsea October 26, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Those are great pictures! I love it! What a great contest and kudos to the ladies that did this!

24 zenlizzie October 28, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I am so in awe of all these ladies. Love this idea and I love all their entries! I think this is actually the first food-blog contest that is actually interesting for more than just recipe ideas.