Project Tasteless Challenge #2

by Rachel on October 27, 2010

Halloween is in four days! What are you going to be? Well, no matter what your costume plans are, if you’re entering Project Tasteless, you’re ultimately going to be a slutty chef.

Welcome to Challenge #2: Pizza Tricks for Treats! For this challenge, we’re making a good old-fashioned can’t-fuck-it-up-not-even-you-Manon pizza!

The challenge is that your pizza recipe must be inspired by your Halloween costume. This is your opportunity to get creative. For example, if you’re going as a cowboy, you might make a barbecue chicken pizza. If you’re going as a princess, you can do a super sweet sugary dessert pizza. A nurse costume might have your pizza topped with pepperoni and red peppers in the shape of a red cross while a witch costume could mean you’re getting crazy with lots of green veggies and black olives. And a Snooki costume would, presumably, lead to a pizza with cheese in various shades of orange and a lot of grease on top. OK — I don’t want to give you too much help! I was so impressed by your entries last week; I have no doubt that you’ll think of an amazing way to pull this off.

If you’re not dressing up this year, well, shame on you, but whatever — you can just make your entry based on one of your favorite costumes from a Halloween past!

For this entry to be legit, you need to…

• Include a picture of your pizza
  • Include the basic pizza recipe
  • Include picture of you in the inspirational costume
  • E-mail me your entry! When I’m reading entries and updating the spread sheet, I just do it by going through my e-mail; it’s the only way I can stay organized.
  • E-mail it to me by 11:59 PM EST on Monday, Nov. 1st.
  • If you’re not a blogger and you’re e-mailing me your entry, please just paste it into the e-mail and attach the pictures to the e-mail. It just makes them easier to read!

Because Halloween is on a Sunday, I’m giving you an extra day to get the entry in to me. And you don’t actually have to serve the recipe in costume. So if, for example, you want to make the pizza tonight and post the recipe to your blog tomorrow, you can e-mail me the link on Monday and attach a picture of yourself in costume. Or you can just wait and post the entire thing Monday, costume pic included. It’s entirely up to you.

And remember, you can jump in right now even if you didn’t enter last week!

Entries will be judged based upon creativity, deliciousness, and literal LOL factor. And the winner will receive…

I think you’ve got everything you need from me…GET TO IT!!

1 Manon October 27, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Don’t EVER underestimate the ability for me to fuck something up. I could fuck up GOD DAMN CHEERIOS.

2 Devon October 27, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Oh goodness… I’m already brainstorming. This one is going to be GOOD!

3 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write October 27, 2010 at 3:17 pm

GAH!!!!!!! That is so fun to me. I know exactly what I’m doing. Buahahahahahaha. <3

4 Cynthia (It All Changes) October 27, 2010 at 3:37 pm

This is perfect!!! I have pizza on the menu …now I actually have to plan a costume. Hmmmm.

5 Smash @ Appreciate The Now October 27, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Love this idea! Can’t wait to see what your ladies come up with. Are you EVER going to clue us in on your Halloween costume??

6 Rachel October 27, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Ha…well, I really wanted to show you some clues along the way as it came together but um, apparently the last child is the last one whose costume gets done! I’m hoping my mom has something I can share soon! :)

What are YOU going to be??

7 Angela (the diet book junkie) October 27, 2010 at 6:27 pm

what a great idea!! it’s moments like these i wish i was a food blogger. sigh…. :)

8 Rachel October 27, 2010 at 6:58 pm

You don’t have to be a food blogger!! Come play! :)

9 chandra October 27, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Challenge #2 done and done. Well, I guess I still have to put on my costume and get sh*t-faced this weekend, but that was going to happen regardless of the contest. ;)

10 Gaby October 27, 2010 at 7:51 pm

I love these projects! I’ll have to start participating for the next one, even though my pizza would be amazing! But I have a 7 Am flight tomorrow morning and it’s….almost 8 pm and I was planning on heating up leftovers for dinner. My costume is Rainbow Brite though, can you imagine the pizza?! Maybe if I go out and order pizza somewhere this weekend I’ll have them put all different kinds of veggies on it. I always request veggie overload anyways :)
Hope you have a great weekend! Can’t wait to see everyone’s entries!

11 Rachel October 27, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Oh that would lend itself to an awesome pizza!! Have a great trip and def enter the next one!

12 sofia October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

we didn’t have to partake in challenge #1 to do this, correct? it sounds like fun! and with my costume… even better :D

13 Rachel October 27, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Correct! Come on in!!

14 Ayla October 27, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I’m extremely annoyed that I missed out on challenge one so I am NOT going to miss out on challenge 2. I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing but my pizza is going to have to be pretty and quite magical. All I know right now is that there is going to be pineapple on it.

15 Rachel October 28, 2010 at 7:57 am

YUM! Pineapple is one of my favorite foods. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

16 weddingchicks October 28, 2010 at 10:21 am

Thanks for the mention Rachel! We are so glad that you like your tote! (:
Be on the lookout for a super secret sale coming soon!
xoxo
amy

17 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) October 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Yesss, I know exactly what I’m going to do! Let’s hope this works out…and if it doesn’t, even better. :)