You Down With NOV?

by Rachel on November 1, 2010

Yeah, you know me.

Happy November!

Today’s lessons…

Lesson #46: I must remember to plan for emotional distress on November 1. I feel today the way many children feel the day after Christmas. Like, Now what? It’s worse this year because not only is my favorite day of the year now over, but also because I won’t see my family again until Christmas. Even though it’s cooler in Houston this morning, I still miss this.

By the time I go back, it will all be covered in snow.

Lesson #47: I will never again do that trip in 48 hours. There is a reason why I didn’t want to be in a long-distance relationship — traveling between Houston and Grand Blanc sucks! Eric and I spent about 18 hours in transit this weekend, and I just got back to my apartment. I’m dying to post more pictures from the weekend and check in with you guys (and read all the Project Tasteless entries!) but I have to turn around and leave for work, so that will have to wait.

In the meantime, how was YOUR weekend? How were your costumes (or lack thereof — I know some of you are anti)? Anyone else feeling the post-Halloween blues or are you just getting pumped for Thanksgiving?

HOLLA ATCHA GIRL.

1 Nicci November 1, 2010 at 9:11 am

Yes, I have post Halloween blues right now…so sad the weekend is gone. I’m only excited for November bc of dating anniversary with the boyfriend and the Holiday.

2 Jennifer Demartini November 1, 2010 at 9:12 am

I so am! I’m honestly not looking forward to the holidays, because the job search isn’t going well, and I’m having to do a total shift of where I think I should be – I was hoping for a job by Christmas! Maybe it will still happen – I work hard at it!

3 Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun November 1, 2010 at 9:13 am

I am still in shock. It’s like one minute I was out with my friends and the next…I have to work on a history paper. Crap. :-P

4 angela November 1, 2010 at 9:14 am

I could never do the trip home to CT from OK with less than a week spent there… simply because the travel part is so incredibly sucky that I refuse to get back on a plane without at least a week in between.

I feel like I have a halloween hangover and only the kids ate candy and stayed up later than normal… but Nov. 1st always brings on my season of panic. This morning I mailed invitations to my daughter’s birthday party. That gives me just under 2 weeks to have my house how I want it for company, and presents bought, and cake planned and ready to be baked. I will now go into so stressed I don’t know who I am mode. Normal resumes in a couple of weeks.

5 Leah @ L4L November 1, 2010 at 9:16 am

We had a decent Halloween! We had fun being Tacky Tourists. I’m actually excited for Nov b/c of Foodbuzz Fest this upcoming weekend AND Thanksgiving rocks because it is a 4-day weekend. And the food, of course. But I’m not excited about the weather! It’s been pouring buckets here all morning and if that is a sign of what is to come, I might go hibernate for the next 4 months. No, make that 5.

6 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 1, 2010 at 9:18 am

I love October, but once November rolls around, I’m especially giddy and festive. The holiday season is in full swing!!! Bring on the decorations.

7 Manon November 1, 2010 at 9:58 am

LOVE that pic of you and Eric…….you look sooooooooooooooooo happy!

When I used to live in Austin it was a trip home just like that….no direct flights…..my parents lived an hour from either Iowa airport…….It was pretty much a full day of travel each way–I hated it. I only did the weekend trip once because all I did was get depressed that I was only “home” for a few hours, and then po’d because I spent so much time in airports/cars to get home….ack.

8 FoodCents November 1, 2010 at 10:29 am

I don’t have post H’Ween blues, after the spectacle of a party the neighbors had this weekend, I am glad the holiday is over.

That said, what I am dreading is the barrage of Holiday bullshit. Christmas Carols will soon be forced upon me – I dislike them, greatly.

9 Monika @ ForeverImprovingGirl November 1, 2010 at 10:35 am

I’m right there with you. I LOVE Halloween, and hate November (I’m in Canada, so our Thanksgiving is already behind us).

I’m dealing with my mopiness by throwing myself into Core Fusion (and trying to avoid comfort-eating, which just makes me feel worse).

10 Elisabeth November 1, 2010 at 10:47 am

Bring on the Christmas cheer!!!! I’m the sort of person who starts decorating/singing carols/baking holiday cookies/counting down ummm… Let’s see… Right about now! Can’t wait for the festivities to start :)

11 Rachael November 1, 2010 at 11:36 am

I’m sad because I feel like autumn is already over, even though I swear it just started getting cooler here. The leaves are sure pretty, but that also means I have to go out there and rake them up …

I will say that my goal of baking more this season is going well, especially thanks to your project tasteless challenges … we’ll make a wifey out of me yet!

12 Matt November 1, 2010 at 11:36 am

Traveling is terrible! I went to DC this weekend for less than 48 hours and I felt like it took longer to travel there and back than I actually got to spend there! It sucked :(

13 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write November 1, 2010 at 11:56 am

I LOVE the pictures of fall weather. I haven’t been home to Indiana to see Fall in years. We usually go home at Holiday time, so that means it’s ugly and cold. Or, worse, I’m home in the middle of an Indiana summer when I can’t draw in a breathe.

I dressed up only because of Project Tasteless, but it was fun. It’s far more than I would have done otherwise.

14 Tabitha @ Just Weighing In November 1, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Since I’m not a huge Halloween fan (gasp) I’m actually really looking forward to Thanksgiving. Especially since it’s going to be at my house for the first year ever and I’m already looking for decorations!

15 Jess-The Semi Abnormal Gal November 1, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I had a rocking Halloween….which was just a little too much of a good time, if you know what I mean. I’m ruthlessly hanging on to my jack-o-lantern, pumpkin pasta and roasted pumpkin seeds, too.

oh and in more exciting news: my Project Tasteless Entry is up! yay.

16 Ashley November 1, 2010 at 7:43 pm

The travel time is why we had to scratch our Pennsylvania trip. :( The fact that you got it done, though, makes me want to try. At this point we aren’t planning to head back up until May. :(

17 Lauren at KeepItSweet November 1, 2010 at 8:56 pm

i am definitely getting excited for the holiday season but can’t believe how fast it got here! i barely had a costume this year, will have to make up for it with a good one next year

18 Amanda November 2, 2010 at 12:49 am

I had a fun/exhausting Halloween, and I’m kind of sad it’s over too. I dressed up as Ke$ha this year, and I’ve already started planning next year’s costume!
But I can’t really complain that November’s finally here. It’s my sister’s birthday month, and my family gets really into Thanksgiving.

19 Holly November 2, 2010 at 1:57 am

So, I went to an exotic Halloween ball that had a $5000 cash prize contest. Check out the bad ass winners:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RJ0zgg9Bow

Photo: http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx183/healthylivingholly/Halloween2010/halloween2010045.jpg

Yes, there are fully operating transformers (Optimus Prime and Bumblebee) and a SHAKE WEIGHT. So awesome.

20 Rachel November 3, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Those are AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing!