Project Tasteless Challenge #3

by Rachel on November 3, 2010

Grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Chocolate chip cookies.

Warm French bread with butter.

Mashed potatoes and gravy.

This week, we’re making comfort food.

This week’s challenge is the Girls Who Eat Their Feelings Challenge. When you work on your entry, keep in mind…

• I really want to hear the story behind your comfort food. You can make a grown-up grilled cheese because it reminds you of what your dad made when you stayed home sick from school…or you can make healthy chocolate chip cookies because you had to start making them a little healthier after your mom’s original recipe led to a massive weight gain in college. You can use an old family recipe or you can use a new recipe that still serves as comfort food for you. No matter what you choose, I want you to tell me the story of why you chose this recipe. For example, you could write an entry about how when you get dumped, you reach for salty carbs like French fries. (What I would do for my entry.)
  • You must give your recipe a creative and relevant title. Like “My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me and All I Got Was This Lousy STD Rosemary and Truffle French Fries.” (What I would cook for my entry but not actually what I’d title it because that didn’t actually happen to me — surprisingly, given the quality of some of the guys I’ve loved and lost.)

Entries will be judged based on deliciousness, story, and title!

If you haven’t entered yet or you missed last week, no worries — you can jump in now. And you don’t have to have a blog to enter!

Remember to…

• Include a picture of your recipe
  • Include the recipe
  • E-mail me your entry!
  • E-mail it to me by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, Nov. 7th.
  • If you’re a blogger, you can just send me the link to your entry — no need to paste it or send pics separately.

And this week’s winner will receive…a year-long subscription to Cooking Light Magazine! Seriously, I love CL and the healthified recipes I find there every month are what helps me eat my feelings in a less ridiculous way.

I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with. Have fun!

1 shelby @ eatdrinkrun November 3, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Aw, I’m gonna have to sit this one out – I’m headed out of town for the weekend. Excited to see all of the delicious entries though!

2 Rachael November 3, 2010 at 5:16 pm

You just HAD to mention grilled cheese about a bajillion times … okay, now I really have put my fat girl cap on and think hard and (not)thin.

3 Laura Georgina November 3, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I’m totally into this one!! I had to sit the last one out, but comfort food is 100% my thing…

4 Triz November 3, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Hey Rachel, are you going to do a great Christmas presents blog this year? Because I have at least one athletic, healthy-eating couple I have to shop for and you and Eric would seem to be the right people to consult. (I thought of this trying to find that exercise contraption you scared people with at the park, lol).

5 Rachel November 3, 2010 at 7:01 pm

You can always consult me on gifting!! I will def do a post and will let you know what is on my Christmas list!

6 Lesley November 3, 2010 at 7:53 pm

I’m loving all the entries for project tasteless….they seriously make me LOL and I don’t think I’ve ever bookmarked so many new recipes so quickly! wooo.

Rachel- I have an idea for a future challenge: The Ultimate “Impress Your Man (or Woman) Recipe.” See, I’m selfish and want to cook something nice (aka mind blowing) for a new potennnntial love interest and impress him with my delicious food, charming personality (right?) and overall skillls in the kitchen….. all while being completely confident in doing so. Even when I’m not. I see another project tasteless coming on….!

7 Rachel November 3, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Oh Lesley, don’t you worry. I got your back on this.

8 Lesley November 3, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Lifesaver!

9 LC November 4, 2010 at 11:07 am

GREAT contest suggestion. I love this one.

10 Libby November 4, 2010 at 10:55 am

Now you are speaking my language, lady! I’m excited about this challenge.

11 LC November 4, 2010 at 10:58 am

Oh wow, what an awesome prize. I would REALLY like to participate in this one but I have friends in town all weekend and definitely will not have time for cooking comfort food :(