A Very Important PSA: T-Rex Arms

by Rachel on November 15, 2010

Speaking of important PSAs, Julia sent me this yesterday and I knew I had to share it here.

I was going to encourage Eric to take part in Movember, but then I remembered how creepy mustaches are, and decided to instead do my part by offering free prostate exams to attractive men. You can either do that, or just get inspired by the video above.

Like the video said, “You’re not a whore if it’s for charity.”

1 gene November 15, 2010 at 9:04 am

so…ummmm….yea. i am participating in MOvember. (i can’t watch your videos yet, as I am at work….).
so far one of my tweeps has commented that i look like a pedophile. my WIFE thinks that I look like a French “inspector” or a spy.
wonderful. i would almost opt for a free prostate exam. T-rex arms are ok, but not milk-maid fingers….
just sayin’.

2 Rachael November 15, 2010 at 12:28 pm

bahahaha Gene! I’m the one that called you a pedophile … you make me laugh.

3 Gules November 15, 2010 at 9:17 am

i LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all of this post. I will try to participate in MOvember with my vajajay, and um increase my strength training so I don’t have little toothpick arms! This made my whole day so far and it’s no even lunch yet!! Well done!

4 Rachel November 15, 2010 at 9:18 am

Awww you made my day and I haven’t even gotten dressed yet!!

Use those arms and that vajajay, girl!!

5 Caitlin November 15, 2010 at 9:45 am

Oh. Em. Gee. I cannot stop laughing. Seriously, you are freaking hilarious and so are these videos. Good Lord, I need my coffee now.

6 Robyn November 15, 2010 at 9:51 am

1. I was giggling at the opening chords . . . seriously, it’s like I knew what was coming and just decided to give into the giggles.

2. Thank you for making a PSA on such an important topic . . . I answered ‘no’ to a couple of those questions, but I’ve made a plan for this week that includes both weights and Core Fusion arm segments and with any luck, next month I will no longer be facing this incredibly debilitating condition. Thank you, Rachel Wilkerson, for doing your part to spread TRA awareness.

LMAO.

7 Rachel November 15, 2010 at 10:45 am

Thank you for making me nearly spit my coffee on my keyboard from giggling. Love it. And love your videos.

8 Laura Georgina November 15, 2010 at 10:52 am

Yay, a PSA for TRA!! I bet you’ll get a few testimonials for this awful condition.

I suffered from TRA after just TWO weeks of ignoring my Core Fusion arms workout. I couldn’t open cans or medicine bottles, I got an elevated heart rate from raising my arms to blow my nose, and once, I even had to ask for the heavy covers to be pulled over me because I could not handle pulling them over myself. TRA even wrecked my cookies–I just couldn’t beat the cream and sugar well enough.

Thank you for reminding me to fight TRA and giving me the motivation to get through another swear-inducing Core Fusion arms workout today.

9 Rachael November 15, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Oh yeah! Testimonials would of been epic!

10 Smash @ Appreciate The Now November 15, 2010 at 11:12 am

Your TRA PSA is amazing. :) I remember all these convos on Twitter with Robyn. So funny! Also love the Movember PSA — so funny!

11 Joslyn November 15, 2010 at 11:24 am

Too damn funny!! I am rather partial to the rap at the end! Wondering if I sing it when passing by a cute guy with a tash whether it will have the desired effect? Hmmm… Added light to my day Rach, thanks!!

12 Manon November 15, 2010 at 11:27 am

OMG…I was thinking about just saying f it and quitting my job today, but I think this may have made me happy enough to make it through the day. THANK GOD for bone a dude with a stache day for saving me from poverty.

Oh, and thanks for the new view of T-Rex arms. I never thought of them this way, but always said I had them because my arms are so freakishly short!

13 chandra November 15, 2010 at 11:59 am

Oh wow – I was just LLOL-ing so much I have tears running down my face!! Hilarious TRA video! Fits well with my next vlog as well – how to properly do tricep kickbacks. Together we can fight TRA! lol

14 Gracie November 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm

bahahah….yes yes and YES!!!

I naturally have “athletic” looking arms, and I must confess that I used to want TRA. But now? Now I’m proud of not only how my arms look, but how strong they are. Less than a year ago I literally could not do one real pushup, and now I’m up to 20! :)

Next time I see a case of TRA I know I’m going to automatically remember this…and probably LOL…

15 Rachael November 15, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I think one of the reasons we face this adversity against our well defined male counterparts (who usually appear to do half the work for double the results) is because we don’t stand around all day beating the shit out of our junk. I mean, really.

If it weren’t the magic of vibrators, our clit being in prime position or the action of a real penis … we could too could have beautiful brachioradialis muscles (forearm, commonly referred to in this household as your masturbation muscle) without having to do much more then yanking on a special piece of our anatomy. I’m just sayin’. Unfair advantage right there.

Yes. I totally had to google the name of that muscle and then write it down with a pen and paper just to type it up there. Copy and paste, pssssssh … I gotta give my T-rexxies a little extra in every way possible.

16 Tenecia November 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm

I absolutely loved the TRA PSA!!! It always makes me laugh when females ask me how I got my arms and when I tell them that I lift weights, they give me this “I’m sorry…what did you say??” look. Imagine that….going to the gym and using something other than the elliptical…. :)

T.

17 Trinidad Pena November 15, 2010 at 1:56 pm

This is so funny, LOL!

18 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write November 15, 2010 at 3:16 pm

1. I suffer from extreme TRA, not to be confused with THO (people are so uneducated sometimes, gah!). Thank you for calling attention to this difficult condition.
2. I have been doing my part to end cancer for the last four years. My husband has a mustache.

19 G November 15, 2010 at 7:48 pm

#2 = LITERAL laugh out loud!!!!

20 Anna November 15, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I have been laughing at this video ALL DAY. I have no idea how you pulled this off with a straight face, but it’s probably the best PSA I’ve ever witnessed. Well done.

21 Sarah November 15, 2010 at 4:58 pm

I absolutely love this PSA! Women shouldn’t be afraid to look capable.

22 Angela @ A Healthy Fit November 15, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Ha ha ha! TRA too funny. I use to suffer from TRA, but I was saved from the error of my ways. I no longer fear the weight room, I can open jars on my own, I have conquered my TRA!!!

23 Jess-The Semi Abnormal Gal November 15, 2010 at 10:31 pm

I was nervous answering the questions but thankfully I DO NOT have TRA. Thank you Body Pump.

24 Gaby November 15, 2010 at 11:27 pm

LOL you’re hilarious! This is a serious condition, I’m glad you’re bringing attention to it. I’ve been lifting weights for a couple of months now so I’m getting better. And yoga helps too. But I still look like twiggy :\ I did suffer a brief lapse of arm strength today because one of my guy friends was over Saturday night and closed a soda bottle we were drinking with I don’t know what….a wrench? It was soooo hard to get open today! But dammit, I wanted it with lunch.
I’ve been trying to think of something for your challenge, so hopefully I’ll think of a meal soon that fits a holiday and not just “what’s in Gaby’s fridge” that can be microwaved. Let’s hang soon!

25 Alicia at Poise in Parma November 16, 2010 at 9:18 am

I’ve been diagnosed (by my best friend who is a pharmacist, and therefore a doctor) with “chicken arms” or CA, which is related condition to TRA. I can’t tell you how it’s seriously effected my life/ability to look bad-ass on a regular basis. I hope one day – with the inspiration of videos like these – to overcome and persevere.

Yet again – another great PSA lady!

26 Lisa Klow November 21, 2010 at 2:49 pm

lol! I’m going to do some push-ups now…