Holiday Cheer!

by Rachel on December 3, 2010

Dresses like this make you…

A. walk like Joan Holloway.

B. wish you had bought stock in Spanx.

C. wonder why your father couldn’t have passed on the apple bottom gene.

D. all of the above.

The answer, of course, is D.

Tonight is Eric’s work holiday party and I can’t decide if I’m going to wear this dress or not. On the one hand, it’s like, BANGIN’…but on the other hand, it’s 75 degrees outside, which means I cannot wear tights under it for an extra level of suck-and-tuck.

This week has been BANANAS and I’m excited for a few hours of naughty! I’ve got homemade egg nog and, well, that dress, but I’ve also got a long day tomorrow — Eric and I both have to go to work! So…the night might turn out to be more on the nice side.

What are your weekend plans? Naughty or nice?

1 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations December 3, 2010 at 5:29 pm

The dress is awesome!! Wear it. You’ll look great!

2 Jennifer December 3, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I say go for it!! You’ll look amazing in this dress!! (And make sure to have at least a little naughty tonight!)

3 HangryPants December 3, 2010 at 5:40 pm

You need the short spanx! Well you don’t need them, but you known what I mean. Have fun!

4 Alison December 3, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Girl. I have that dress. I am a curvy woman, and trust me when I say that YOU wear the dress, and the dress doesn’t wear you. It’s an amazing piece of clothing.

5 Ashley Hicks December 3, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Cute dress! Have fun!

6 MoneyMaus December 3, 2010 at 6:07 pm

WEAR it!! If only my petite, tiny self could pull off a dress like that! But hey, I can get away with low low cut and no one bats an eye ;)

I’m hoping for SOME naughty this weekend. Friday will be nice (HP7 with a friend!) And Saturday will hopefully get naughty with the new boy I am dating…but we shall see!

7 Laura Georgina December 3, 2010 at 6:20 pm

I have a dress like that (with sleeves) and I worried it was too painted on for the no-tights thing in the heat (where I always wear it). Trust me, if you’re showing nice leg and all the rest, you’ll feel so glam you won’t even think about the tights effect.

Sigh, my weekend will be fun but nice–housewarming party for a friend tomorrow afternoon, dinner at another friend’s after, less drank than I normally would imbibe so I can go for my last pre-Christmas gorgeous park run on Sunday morning. I’ll make up for the nice with naughty next weekend, though!

8 Annie December 3, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Girl. Take a page out of Honolulu fashion and wear tights and boots when it’s 80 degrees – everybody here does it all the time, giving no fucks. And they look fabulous.

9 Manon December 3, 2010 at 6:41 pm

all I know is naughty…..

10 wilcal December 3, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Heading to Joystix tonight here in Houston by Minute Maid Park. This actually might be a really cool thing to take your bf too. Joystix operates as a video arcade sales store, but on the first and last Friday of each month, they open it up for unlimited play for $15 9pm-2am. They have a bar attached to it, and you can take drinks back and forth. Tons of fun, and the crowd is a solid 30-40% girls as quite a few people do it as a date night.

Also, I don’t think there is anything sexier than a girl wearing the perfect black dress. That’s funny about the Spanx. A lady at my office explained the concept to me a year or two ago and said that it was kind of like opening muffins when she took them off. That was all I needed to hear!

11 Kat December 3, 2010 at 10:57 pm

I hope you rocked it and bet you looked FAB.

Too much ‘nice’ for my tastes these days…may have to see about changing that… ;)

12 Rachel December 4, 2010 at 9:58 am

I hope you wore that dress, I’m sure you totally rocked it! Can’t wait to see pictures : )

13 Shikole December 10, 2010 at 12:00 am

Definitely a great dress, but too great for an office party? We just had some musings on our blog about office holiday parties. This dress fits in well with the topic!