Announcing…the Project Tasteless Winners!

by Rachel on December 3, 2010

Project Tasteless has had a lot of jokes about coming, but now we’re simply coming to the end!

First things first: the winners of the final challenges! Two weeks ago, I posted the I Am, In Fact, Trying to Seduce You Challenge and the Easy Like Sunday Morning Bangover 911 Challenge.

This wasn’t an easy challenge, and I was so impressed by how creative everyone was. I would have gotten naked for most of these dinner recipes! As I said last week, a double challenge calls for double winners, so your two winners are…

Stephanie’s Porked Chicken & Tag Team Potatoes and Thank You for Coming Fritatta AND Rachael’s Toss My Pasta with Pancetta and Afterf*ck Fritatta with Potato and Pancetta!

Fritattas rule this week! Congrats, ladies — please visit the Voseges Web site when you have a chance and let me know your exotic chocolate bar of choice, as well as your mailing address.

And be sure to check out all the delicious blogger entries for these two challenges!

Lisa’s Seductive Carbs & Kielbasa

Allie’s Sexy Vegan Feast and Silky Sweet Potato Pie

Jess’s The French (Invented Lovemaking) Onion Soup and I’m Not Complaining About a Night with Many Os, But Sweetheart I Need a Break…and an Omelet

Angela’s It’s Getting Hot in Here Spicy Shrimp and Sleep In Savory Overnight Ciabatta Toast for Two

Carolyn’s Brie — The Ultimate Aphrodisiac and Breakfast at Noon

Manon’s Buckle Up, We’re Gonna F*ck Fondue and We Love Makin’ Bacon Breakfast Bake

Margot’s How to Seduce a Man on Game Day (or How to Accidentally Seduce His Dad on Sunday Morning)

Shelby’s Bangin’ Bourbon Brown Butter Filet and Morning Meat Breakfast Tacos

Cindy’s Hello There, Sexy – Why Don’t You Stick Your Pork in Me, Cause I’m Done – Chops with Apples, Onions and Cider Gravy – and Oh, Hey Baby – It May Be Cold Outside, But It’s Warm Inside My Apple Pie – Apple Carmel Cake –

And now for the overall winners!

Yes, winnersssssss. I couldn’t just reward one person.

There were 11 people who entered every single challenge and were eligible for the grand prize, but when it came time to seriously and officially declare a winner…it had to be Manon!

From her Pussy *Cat* Pizza to her winning meatloaf, she cooked up a riot ever week and I think her victory is undeniable.

In second place….Cindy!

Creative, consistent, tasteless, tasteful, and wonderful!

And also, Eric and I decided last night that we needed to give one more award. We call it the, “Wait, HTF did you never win a weekly challenge award?” and it goes to….Margot!

We always loved her entries, and yet somehow, she never won a weekly award.

Now, not to get all Special Olympics on you, but I do have a bit more good news for everyone who entered each week: Chobiani, which happens to be the favorite brand of both myself and my recent Greek yogurt convert boyfriend has offered to hook all ya’ll up with a free cup! I’m really happy that I can properly reward all 11 Project Tasteless all-stars!

I’ll follow up with all the winners next week to get info for your prizes!

I’m a little sad the challenge is coming to an end, but I’ve got some ideas as to how we can keep it going. I’m thinking a Project Tasteless Club…sort of like a book club? Except instead of making you read Anna Karenina, I’d simply make you cook something awesome in an effort to win fabulous prizes.

Think you can do that?

Once again, thank you to everyone who entered, whether once, twice (or three times a Tasteless?) — THANK YOU for making this challenge so fun and worthwhile!

1 Paige December 3, 2010 at 9:38 am

Awesome entries! I feel like a slacker for sitting out this round, so YES please continue the Project Tasteless adventures. I am definitely in.

2 Jaclyn December 3, 2010 at 9:44 am

Yay, congrats to all the winners! I had full intentions to enter every week, but the last two challenges were simply not doable for me thanks to a situation involving a bangover breakfast that has caused me to read this entry by Rachel every day for the last three weeks: http://www.rachelwilkerson.com/2010/08/30/how-to-have-a-healthy-break-up-get-over-a-guy/

Sometimes timing is everything.

Overall, the project was a lot of fun and I found some great new bloggers to read. Cheers, ladies!

3 Allie Finch December 3, 2010 at 10:03 am

Congratulations to the winners!! Awesome posts ladies! This has been so fun…so yes, please continue. :)

4 shelby December 3, 2010 at 10:07 am

Yes – definitely keep it going as a periodic thing! These were supa fun :)

Congrats to all of the winners! Well deserved all around!

5 zenlizzie December 3, 2010 at 11:15 am

I loved this contest, and it helped me find new bloggers with sass and a sense of humor. I hope eventually I will be able to get in on one of the contests, so I’m glad you`re looking for other ways to keep it up.

6 Manon December 3, 2010 at 11:16 am

WOOT WOOT!!!! I’m glad being insane and completely ridiculous has finally been rewarded. It was sooooo fun and everybody did such a great job, I do hope you’ll keep it up in some form! Obviously I need some form of creative outlet since my day job doesn’t provide that, so I keep it all inside and when it comes out I end up passed out in a santa dress, burning my tits off wearing an indian headress and war paint, or chasing helpless men around with fondue sticks and hot cheese. I NEED Project Tasteless :)

7 Angela @ A Healthy Fit December 3, 2010 at 11:36 am

Congrats to all the winners! This was such a fun challenge and I discovered so many new awesome blogs!

8 Eunice December 3, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Congrats, Manon and the rest of the winner ladies! I’m so sad I couldn’t do the last two entries, but I can’t wait to read everyone else’s. Please figure something out to keep this going, Rachel! :)

9 Aby @ always.aby December 3, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Although I only had time to enter a couple of times, I LOVED reading all the other entries! It would be awesome to have this as an ongoing “club”!

10 Lisa Klow December 4, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Congrats to the winners! Especially Manon – your entries were awesome. This was so much fun.

11 Manon December 5, 2010 at 1:57 pm

thank you!

12 Margot December 4, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Awesome choices! I love the monthly idea-so much better than a book club. And I love my award. It sort of sums up my life.

13 Sarah December 5, 2010 at 1:54 am

I’m SO down to keep this up. I had a blast with every challenge, and I loved the chance to get creative in the kitchen. That was a reward by itself (but I’m still excited about the greek yogurt!).