Lesson #63: On Job Searching

by Rachel on January 7, 2011

I talk a lot about positive thinking, vision boards, and getting everything you want out of life, but I realized this week that that mindset is like a muscle. If you don’t continue to use it and work on it, it will atrophy and not do you any good.

Here’s the thing: 2011 didn’t get off to a very good start for me. Not only did my car die on Christmas Eve, but I got some pretty dramatic news the day before that — mainly, the news that I no longer had a job.

This wasn’t a total shock. Annie had told me mid-December some amazing news: that she was pregnant and had decided to leave our company and start her own photography business. I could not have been more happy for her, nor was I at all surprised. She is extremely talented and seriously needs full creative control of her business. When I found this out, I had no idea if I’d even be kept on, or what would happen to my position, but I also felt more relieved than I expected. While I loved Annie and loved working for her, I had been thinking since Thanksgiving that come the first of the year, I would need to start thinking about finding another job, for reasons that were about the business as a whole, not our department. And while the hours left me plenty of time to pursue writing and do coaching sessions, I also was really starting to crave stability.

Still, though, when I found out on December 23 that they had decided to not keep me on…and that, given the fact I was leaving the next day for Michigan and would be gone the entire following week…so it was now my last day (well, hour) of work, I was, quite frankly, a little rattled. There are certain things in life that have the ability to throw off even the most have-your-shit-together people, and losing a job is one of them. You just have this weird, unsettling feeling that something very serious has just taken place.

Luckily, I had the holiday to distract me, but when it came time to head back to Houston, I felt so strange. I honestly had no idea what I was heading back for. What would my life look like? What would I do with myself all day until I found a job? In the past few years, I’ve gotten more comfortable with uncertainty, but I don’t really like it.

It wasn’t that I was worried I wouldn’t find a job; the market in Houston is impressive and when I applied for jobs this summer, I had really good options. I knew I was in a situation that had a lot of potential to be a really important “before and after” moment in my life. But I was still worried that I wouldn’t find the right job. For me, the thought of going to a boring 9 to 5 job, doing work that doesn’t matter to me, is soul-crushing. The fear of having to accept a job that would suck the life out of me was really overwhelming. I’d start the task of looking for jobs with a huge sense of dread; I practically had to bribe myself into doing it.

But I did it. And that’s the thing — you just have to do it.

I had applied for one job before I was officially let go, and they actually called me on Christmas Eve to set up an interview. The job sounded like a perfect fit, but I had to wait to interview until I got back. But with my dead car, the interview was sort of…shelved. Not good.

I know they say things like losing a job can be “emasculating,” but that implies that it only affects men. Not true. Whether you are male or female, searching for work is exhausting, depressing, overwhelming, and just makes you feel insecure. To say it’s emasculating implies that women don’t have an identity related to work, which simply isn’t true. Most of my friends like to do work that they can be proud of and aren’t content to just not be doing.

For me personally, it forced me to be introspective, which, honestly, hurts a little bit. It’s scary. I had to think about things like my writing, career goals, money, debt, the future, marriage, adulthood, and, hardest of all, the reality of what it means to be a creative adult as opposed to a creative student — when a blessing turns into a curse because, as amazing as it feels to be able to create, it sucks that quite often, the time you need to devote to your passion means you have to live paycheck to paycheck.

Anyway, I spent the first week of 2011 trapped in my apartment with no car, no job, upset with Eric, and just summoning everything I had to focus on the positive and have faith that it was for the best. Since the day before Christmas Eve, I’ve just felt like life has been in black and white. It’s like my life was still there in most ways, but something didn’t quite feel right.

(Another reason I needed my tools this week.)

I was finally able to have a couple of phone interviews with the first job I’d applied for, and it seemed like a great fit. It was a marketing and social media job for a start-up Web site that combined a lot of things I love — online video, social networking, and creative endeavors. It seemed like a job where I’d have a ton to give, but would also learn a lot. They asked me to come in on Thursday and meet in person. Then I got another interview set up for Thursday with a medical spa — doing marketing and sales, a job that I would also love to have. (Hello, discounts on Latisse?!) My horoscope said Thursday morning that it was a good day to talk business and a four-star day to sign contracts. I pretty much just held my breath until yesterday afternoon.

The first interview, with the med spa, went really well; it was the kind of place I could see myself doing well and being happy. Decent pay, decent hours, all that. But the second interview, the one with the Web site, was amazing, a total love fest. Once they had met me in person and seen that I wasn’t a total psycho, and I had gotten a feel for the office culture and had seen that yup, I’d fit in there, they made me an offer that was exactly what I was looking for and I went with my gut (and, OK, my horoscope) and accepted it.

(Due in no small part to the fact that the 66-year-old CEO of the company told me that he had read my Web site and he told me he loved it, and he thought “head down, butt up” was “too cute” — further evidence that you can, in fact, have a blog with a strong voice and still be gainfully employed.)

I am so excited about the new job (I’ll share full details on the site next week!), my new coworkers, and the fact that I’ve been hired to do something I love and I’m good at, something not everyone can do. It’s a start-up, so there isn’t long-term stability, but I also know now that whatever happens, I’ll be OK and it will be the right thing at the right time. When I got in the car to head home, I seriously felt like I was seeing the world in color for the first time in two weeks. I really didn’t know I was that sad until I felt the huge sense relief and excitement yesterday afternoon. I use this metaphor a lot, but I feel like everyone has an inner flame, and sometimes, it starts to burn very low. You have to find something that is going to be that huge gust of wind mine needed to kind of do that woosh! and start really burning again.

You can say what you want about positive thinking, vision boards, and all that, but I firmly believe that positive thinking combined with faith in your talents is the only thing that’s going to get you through a situation like this. You might have to dig deep for it; I’m not going to pretend I didn’t. But I fucking dug for it and I had a new job, the right job, after a total of four days. Oh and I lost a couple pounds because I was too distraught to eat much and avoided job searching by doing more workouts. So yes, I’m lucky, but I’m only lucky after the most unlucky events go down.

So here is today’s lesson:

Sometimes, it’s good to exercise your “This is scary but I’ll be OK” muscles.

If you are job searching and haven’t started a blog yet…holy shit, what are you waiting for?

When the time comes to choose a verb, don’t go with “crawl in a hole and die” and you’ll probably do just fine.

1 Gracie January 7, 2011 at 10:02 am

You are officially my guru. If that’s okay with you.
I have an interview today, and this is exactly what I needed.
!!

2 Rachel January 7, 2011 at 10:08 am

<3 <3 <3

good luck!!

3 marie January 7, 2011 at 10:03 am

congrats on the new job once again!!! so exciting! They are so lucky to snatch you up before someone else did…You weren’t on the job hunt too long, either thankfully. woop woop!

4 Marci January 7, 2011 at 10:06 am

Can I just ask, where did you find these jobs? I live in Houston too and have been looking for similar to what you wrote about for, well, a really really long time. I am no slouch in my opinion, have great writing and marketing skills, and nothing is biting. It has gotten beyond frustrating to the point that something must be wrong with me. How did you find a job over Christmas so fast?!

5 Rachel January 7, 2011 at 10:08 am

I find everything on Craigslist!

6 Jen January 7, 2011 at 10:49 am

I know we talked about CL a bit the other day but Craigslist Chicago is evil this week! All I’m getting in response is requests for my credit report (WTF!!) from un-google-able illegitimate companies. NOT COOL PEOPLE! And do they really think I am so stupid as to not google them before throwing my social security number at them? HELLO?!?!

But I will press on, one potentially hopeful email back this morning makes up for all of the evil ones.

7 Rachel January 7, 2011 at 10:51 am

Don’t worry, I got that too!!!! Hang in there!!

8 Sidney January 7, 2011 at 10:11 am

I needed this! Thanks for the extra kick in the pants!

9 Dori January 7, 2011 at 10:12 am

“head down, butt up” was “too cute” — I am in love with this man. He sounds “too cute!”

I can’t believe I didn’t know about any of this! I am so happy for you, this job sounds like the perfect opportunity and I am sure you will really thrive there.

10 Manon January 7, 2011 at 10:15 am

Get it, Girl! I’m saving this post to send to my friends when they get in a “life is so mean to me” funk. Really? No job, dead car, a bf being a pain, etc etc. Cry about it, or DO something to change it…..and look what happens when you DO something. Good luck with the new gig, it sounds GREAT!

11 AmandaD January 7, 2011 at 10:16 am

Congratulations! Glad you found something so perfect for you in Houston. Good luck with all your new endeavors!

12 shelby January 7, 2011 at 10:19 am

I’m so happy for you, Rachel! It sounds like a great fit!

I’ve been halfheartedly job-searching (for a PT job) for a while now and it’s definitely the most demoralizing, frustrating process ever. But you’ve given me hope!

Can’t wait to hear more details!

13 Alli January 7, 2011 at 10:24 am

I wish I had your optimism. I’ve been going through a quarter-century crisis over the last few weeks, but due to politics feel stuck (I was at my current job as a freelancer for a year before being hired “for real” three months ago, so I feel obligated for resume purposes). I’ve been trying to get a hobby or two (hey, I started a food blog!), but it still doesn’t stop me from thinking that I’m the most boring person in the world and that my brain is slowly turning to mush and that I’ll never feel excited for anything again.

Wow, that got dark really fast.

14 Alli January 7, 2011 at 10:25 am

Oh, and congrats on the new job!

15 Stephanie @ LoveLaughterLight January 7, 2011 at 10:27 am

Congratulations, Rachel! I love this post and I love your outlook on life. I’m in the looking-for-a-new-apartment phase, then comes the job.

As for positive thinking, I whole-heartedly agree that it works. When you go about doing anything with a negative attitude, it makes it feel that much more daunting. Who the hell needs that?!? My optimism makes people wonder if I’ve got some wires crossed, but I’ll just leave them wondering while I go about my merry way. :)

16 Paige January 7, 2011 at 10:27 am

Wow, a huge congrats to you!

I’m also a big believer in positive thinking. When I put enough good energy into something, good things come back. Sooo I have my New Year’s word and goals written all over my bathroom mirrors in hopes that I keep keep that stuff on the forefront. And become a millionaire.

17 Eleanor January 7, 2011 at 10:28 am

That is a fabulous statement, and I think it’s totally true (even if sometimes I have to remind myself!) Congrats on the new job, I’m excited to learn details. Sounds like my kind of place!

18 Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic January 7, 2011 at 10:30 am

Great, inspiring post. Congratulations on the new job!! It sounds awesome and perfect for you!

19 Caitlin January 7, 2011 at 10:33 am

I’m so glad everything worked out! Honestly, though, I had no doubt in my mind things would turn around very quickly for you. Now, want to come here and find me a job??

No seriously, you are so inspirational. I always feeling like I am waiting for something to start delving into job searching. Yet…there’s nothing to wait for? It’s weird, almost like an eternal procrastination on one of the most important things in my life. I need to come back and read this every day to give me that push. Thank you for sharing and being your amazing self.

20 Lauren January 7, 2011 at 10:33 am

Congrats on the new job! This post was really inspiring. I just got a new job and at first it has been kind of overwhelming and is taking some getting used to, but this post helped. Thanks! :)

Lauren

21 whitney January 7, 2011 at 10:35 am

Wow. Well, at risk of me sounding like even more of a blog stalker, I sometimes feel like we live parallel blog-lives…

Long story short, I ended my “might get hitched” relationship, quit my old blog, restarted (thanks, again), finally moved into my filler apartment, and three weeks later was absolutely blindsided and fired from my job (which I don’t blog about much).

Everything you describe is true, and add a layer of relationship emotions (to mine) and you have the past three-four months of my life. I am really happy you found another job. Not that my job search has been “terrible” but in my profession it’s dominated by men and the jobs are scarce. I love Pittsburgh, so I will tough it out.

Now I just need to figure out how to pass my time other than blogging!

22 whitney January 7, 2011 at 10:39 am

filler = killer

And you are right… Women are deeply connected to the work that they do.

23 Paul (@MiNutrition) McConaughy January 7, 2011 at 10:38 am

You are amazing! I know what you share helps a lot of people. I think I’ve said this before but, considering we never met IRL… I am so proud of you! It is good to “know” you!

24 Nataile @ Scarlett Notions January 7, 2011 at 10:41 am

“Thanks for putting me in the gifted programs, but I can’t make a living off my potential.”

Great phrase and so, so true! I’m 3.5 years out of college and am still learning that no one really cares about my “ideals.” It’s all about how I have/can put them into action!

25 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition January 7, 2011 at 10:45 am

Congrats on your new position.

I just graduated college and am currently looking for a job. The way you articulated the insecurity, instability, and general frustration is dead on. This blows.

But it will get better. I just refuse to settle in the 9-5 grind.

26 Katy January 7, 2011 at 10:53 am

Ugh, get out of my head, get out of my life!

Actually, don’t, because it’s really refreshing/comforting to know I’m not alone.

Congrats on the new gig :)

27 Stephanie January 7, 2011 at 11:00 am

Congrats Rachel! Can’t wait to hear about this new job some more!

Ryan and I have talked so much about positive thinking and how it truly gets you to where you want to be! It really does work. Our mantra is “nothing’s gonna stop us” It’s cheesy and a bit corny…but so far..we haven’t been stopped. :)

28 Summer January 7, 2011 at 11:04 am

Up and down, in the same blog! I was all, aww, Rachel lost her job…then, yay, Rachel got a job! This sounds perfect for you. Now, if you can just persuade Judy to get her ass in gear!

Congrats!

29 Keri @ Iron Mountain Movement January 7, 2011 at 11:04 am

Congratulations on your new job Rachel! Knock’em dead!

30 Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes January 7, 2011 at 11:07 am

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Thanks so much for the inspiration, and best of luck in your new position! What a GREAT thing to be able to “invest” in gaining skills that you are excited about — at your job! Woohoo!

31 ashleigh January 7, 2011 at 11:11 am

I really like this post Rachel. Congrats on the new gig, it sounds like it’s going to be a great fit!

32 Mabelle @ dance, love dine January 7, 2011 at 11:13 am

wow congratulations on finding that new job so quickly. I am also a firm believer in vision boards and the power of positive thinking and having faith in yourself, your talents and knowing it will all fall in to place. best of luck w/ the new gig!

33 FoodCents January 7, 2011 at 11:17 am

My lil’ Hooker, CONGRATS!!!!!

Start-up’s can be a high flying adventure, because you get to create your roll, much more than in a well established organization. Here is a time when being creative is absolutely key & surely encouraged.

I am a realist, so I don’t tend to totally buy into these “vision boards” and such. I think sometimes life is going to shit on us & hopefully we can climb out and clean ourselves off. Life isn’t always puppy dogs & viral vidoes, but sometimes it is Paris Hilton singing and really raunchy D-list celeb. sex tapes.

Life is what we make it……….. Cheers to you, Hooker!!!

34 Sherestha January 7, 2011 at 11:21 am

So glad that your inner flame has come alive again Rachel. Very inspiring. Im sure this happiness is going to reflect off on many other aspects in your live in a good kick-ass way! Best of luck :)

35 Tulip January 7, 2011 at 11:31 am

Congratulations Rachel! Work plays such an important role in my moods – I’m either stressed or stoked. I absolutely hate job searching but think its time for me to brach out…it’s ok, but I want amazing.

36 Lexie January 7, 2011 at 11:35 am

Oh Rachel, you make it seem easy! Congrats!

37 Bree January 7, 2011 at 11:36 am

Congrats!

Get out of my head, too. Great post and very timely for me as well. I have been writing a similar post in my head for a long time now.

Umm yes. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me how creative/funny/smart/hardworking/well read I am, I wouldn’t need a job.

38 Jennifer January 7, 2011 at 11:41 am

Everything you said in this blog is SO TRUE!! I lost my job in March and it took a few months to find something new, but I did, and I love my new job. Sure, it’s tough sometimes and sometimes I want to punch certain people, but all in all it’s 100% better than my old job and I’m learning so, so much! At first losing my job was devastating, but I had to think positively and have faith in my talents, just like you. Congrats on your new job!!

39 Eunice January 7, 2011 at 11:48 am

Such a good post!!!

That’s what I needed to hear at this very moment. Thanks, Rachel. And congrats on the job! You deserve all the awesome that happens to you. :)

40 Runeatrepeat January 7, 2011 at 11:49 am

Congratulations!!! Good luck at the new job :)

41 kate January 7, 2011 at 11:56 am

Congratulations!

Your message is great. I especially like the thoughts on “doing work that doesn’t matter to me.” The people I work with matter to me and the job I do matters but it doesn’t necessarily inspire me. I’m struggling with this and hope to learn more about myself in this regard this year.

42 Bonnie B January 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Such great news. Your Web skills and Web smarts will be tremendous assets in your new job. Sooo glad to see you getting the chance to flex those muscles, too.

43 Jennie January 7, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I just recently went through this, but add “fresh out of college” to the mix and it’s like employment kryptonite.

After months of getting turned down, going to interviews and getting pretty down about the rejection, I decided that I was going to do what I loved doing no matter what. So I started my own business.

I officially registered as an LLC this month, and am so lucky to be working from home, working for myself and designing what I love. I’m glad I found the courage to just believe in myself, even if it seemed like no one else did (namely the people who wouldn’t hire me based on lack of experience).

It was liberating because it was something that was so scary to do, and yet I did it. I’ve gained so much confidence from just facing my fears and jumping in head first.

So thanks for the post! It’s more reinforcement that I made the right choice, and that all of those “no’s” happened for a reason. :)

44 Angela January 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I’m so happy for you!! Yay!!

I echo your feelings about the start of 2011 – I was SO excited about the beginning of the new year and so far it’s been kind of crappy. Nothing huge, just people in bad moods and things not going the way I wanted them to.

But I know it’s just a beginning and that things can and will change for the better.

45 Katie January 7, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Congratulations!!!! When I interviewed for the job I’m in now, I was like you- just totally excited about it as soon as I walked in and met people. It’s so gratifying after searching so long to say I LOVE work. It sounds like you’ve found it- get it, got it, good. Do you get daily horoscopes from Susan Miller or somewhere else? Loooove her monthly ones- so creepily/amazingly on target.

46 Rachel January 7, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Susan Miller! She has a daily horoscope app for Blackberry and Droid, so I use that!

47 Katie January 7, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Obsessed with my BB and Susan, this will be a beautiful thing. Thanks!

48 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write January 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm

You are fabulous. Those who wonder what the difference is between people who hope shit will happen and people who make shit happen need to read this blog. To know all this stuff at such a young age is ridiculous, and I think the world needs to watch out for Rachel Wilkerson!!! :)

49 Sean January 7, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I am looking for a new job and you have helped me get my head right. Thanks for the talk, I feel better now.

50 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter January 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I was actually supposed to have an interview today! My interviewer accidently overbooked herself, and had to go to a meeting, but I will have it next week. I love this post. Thank you so much.

51 MelissaNibbles January 7, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Congratulations! I firmly believe that every situation is temporary and how you respond to it is how long it lasts. You’re always so positive so of course, you get a positive outcome!

Do you have any online dating lessons?

52 Lauren at KeepItSweet January 7, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Congrats on finding a great job so quickly!!! Whenever I think about a job or career change I get terrified and decide to stick with what I have for the time being.

53 Kaitlin January 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Congratulations. Your ability to find something that you believe in and are excited about is so inspiring!! Hope everything goes well, and I’d say 2011 can only get better :-)

Thanks for the great post.

54 Savannah January 7, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Congratulations Rachel! I’ve been reading your blog for a few months now and you’re totally a ‘friend in my head’ as Auntie Wendy says. I’m happy that you were able to find a new job so quickly AND that you will be able to use all of your amazing talents!

55 Christie January 7, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I seriously needed this today.

Thanks for reminding me it’s okay to be scared shitless and that in the end, things will work out for me.

Congratulations on the new job! It’s exciting!

56 Sarah Crowder January 7, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Awesome post. In the past, you helped inspire me to change careers…and you’re still keeping me motivated today!

My favorite line: “Like, thanks for putting me in the gifted programs, but I can’t make a living off my potential.” I sometimes still feel like I did the day after undergrad when I was like crap, what am I good at? Okay, I’m good at school…now how the hell does that translate to the real word?

You never know, I still might end up working in academia.

57 jamie January 7, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Love that. I’m just now realizing that I can’t be successful in college, either, just because I have potential.

Love the blog!

58 Tenecia January 7, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Congrats on the new job! Also, thank you for this post especially this line, “What’s happening in your life right now is exactly what needs to be happening, even if you don’t like it or think that this is true.”
This week I have been questioning the course that I’m on and I have to hold fast to the belief that everything happens for a reason.

T.

59 Dani January 7, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Atta girl! They are lucky to have you.

60 Jordan January 7, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Congratulations! As someone who is really bummed out about my current job situation (two part-times is not a fun way to live), it’s really good to hear that these things can happen and that luck can turn around. Can’t wait to hear about the new job!

61 Jennifer January 8, 2011 at 2:17 am

Rachel, what a great post. I’m actually looking for a job right now and I’ve been down on myself and I just needed to read something so positive especially about jobs, because I know there’s a reason why I haven’t found a job yet (I’m in school and the job openings that I want are very cyclical and predictable and just haven’t opened yet) and this just made me realize it will happen when it’s supposed to happen. -Jen

62 Emily January 8, 2011 at 1:30 pm

That’s so great to hear. Job searching is the most soul draining exercise, especially in this economy. Good luck to you in your position!

63 Lisa Klow January 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Job hunting makes me feel like a prostitute. And I’m about to move to Chicago where I will need a new job!

Congrats on your job.

I hope I can find one that isn’t soul-crushing.

64 cassie January 9, 2011 at 12:25 am

This was a great and well written post.. congrats on the new gig.. positive thinking and faith in your talents truly go hand in hand.. your experience is proof positive of this.. good luck with the new job..

65 Beth January 10, 2011 at 7:47 am

Thanks for being an amazing inspiration Rachel! I have a phone interview this morning and after being out of the game for a bit I was quite scared. But you’re right, gotta have faith in your skills & talents & flex those “This is scary but I’ll be OK” muscles. :)

66 Talitha January 10, 2011 at 3:12 pm

AND…she’s back :) Wondering what was going on and I don’t even know u ;)

67 Allison @ Happy Tales January 11, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Ahhhh, you are amazing!!!!!!! So glad that everything is working out so beautifully for you… Such a motivating post for such a blah time of the year. I just started a blog myself, and I’m kind of on the fence for looking for a new job (i love the one I’m currently in but it’s only parttime and the pay is crap) and I find this really motivating! So… THANK YOU!

68 Tiffany_Boyte January 12, 2011 at 12:18 am

This is exactly what I needed to read tonight. The same happened to me and I feel like I’m hitting quarter life crisis trying to figure things out (and I’m only 23)! Your advice is right…everything happens for a reason. Wish me luck!

69 Rachel January 12, 2011 at 8:58 am

Hang in there girl — it will work out! And being 23 is probably when the quarter-life crises begin — that’s when I had my first!

Good luck!!

70 Kelsey January 16, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I used to use indeed.com to find job postings too when I was looking.

71 Laura October 5, 2011 at 11:42 am

I know this is a little old, but I loved this:
“Uncertainty and fear about the future can be paralyzing, but you have to push through it.”

People should embrace and capitalize on their uncertain futures, not be paralyzed by it. Bite the bullet, power through, and be fearless! What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger!

72 Erica October 27, 2011 at 9:50 am

OMG thank you for this. I just stumbled upon it whilst creepin’ (my job-search-procrastination method of choice) and it’s exactly what I’ve been needing to hear. I’ve been out of a job for a while now, moved to a new city, and am still having NO luck with finding work. It’s frustrating, but this same “push through it” theme seems to be making its appearance quite often lately… what else can ya do? Thanks!

73 Moonhoney April 6, 2012 at 4:50 pm

You have really helped me change my negative feelings and mindset during a difficult time. I’m 26 and trying to find a job in a different country to finally end the “distance” aspect of a LDR…not easy in a recession. I was starting to drown in uncertainty, fear and panic, but your words have given me the courage to snap out of it and just focus on “wanting it”. Things seemed so negative but I understand now that it’s okay for things to be hard, we can push through. Thank you and please continue to post.