Saturday in the Nest

by Rachel on January 8, 2011

I’ve written about CSN Stores before — the site has over 200 online stores where you can find anything you need, from TV tables or cute plates. They’ve invited me to team up with them so I can bring you guys more product reviews and giveaways, and I’m looking forward to rolling that out in the coming months! I get to choose which products I review, so I can try the sort of things I think you guys will actually use. I usually go for kitchen gadgets when I hit CSN, but lately, I’ve been tending toward the wall decor — building the bookshelf got me fired up about my room and I’ve been picking up a few more decorative items this past week.

I love hanging out in my room when it feels all homey. Last night I spent two hours in bed painting my nails my favorite Chanel shade (Vampy Varnish has great photos of how the polish looks on) and reading Cosmo…which, oddly enough had some home decorating tips. I was like, Uh…is this Real Simple?! But then I came across an article about how to get guys to stop jackhammering you — if you follow these tips, “you’ll barely notice those last few minutes of pow-pow-powing.”

Oops, nope. Nope…not quite Real Simple. But a good read, nonetheless. I literally laughed out loud at them making fun of male celebrities acting girlie. And then flipped a few pages and wondered where one actually purchases a cheap catsuit to cut the crotch out of.

Speaking of all things girlie, can you guess what I’ll be doing today? Here’s a hint…

Working on my recipe scrapbook! I finished writing out all the recipes while I was home in Michigan, so now the time has come to assemble everything. I just needed more paper for all the new holiday recipes I made this year, so I picked some out last night.

I also might go on a mission for a stud finder today. I want to hang some larger items on my walls and I think it will come in handy. Anyone ever bought one? Recommendations?

Surprisingly, Cosmo’s idea of a “stud finder” isn’t going to help me in this case.

What are you guys up to this weekend? Anyone going stud-finding?

1 Margot January 8, 2011 at 11:09 am

Good luck on the stud finder! My old roommate was insanely handy and she used her stud finder once or twice a month – they are definitely a good investment.

I’m going to attempt the repaint the dresser I got a few weekends ago – I’m still in a bit of denial about how long this might take…

2 Stephanie January 8, 2011 at 11:19 am

Sushi friends and bowling. Hope you find the stud of your dreams!

3 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations January 8, 2011 at 11:24 am

So funny!! I had a pedicure night last night too… only mine was coupled with People magazine. Simply had to read about Reese Witherspoon’s engagement.

4 Teri [a foodie stays fit] January 8, 2011 at 11:43 am

I don’t have any fun plans. I HAVE to clean my nasty nasty car but that’s about it. I’m so cool.

5 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter January 8, 2011 at 12:35 pm

If stud finding means finding a great guy? Yeah, I’ll be looking this weekend ;)

But uh really. I’ll be trapped in the basement doing homework.

6 Bobby January 8, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Stud found…waking up next to an empty bottle of vodka that I’ve named Peter. The best part is, he’s recyclable. Go green.

7 Rachel January 8, 2011 at 12:39 pm

omg comment of the day! <3

8 Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) January 8, 2011 at 4:23 pm

hahahahaha thats awesome! This comment made me laugh so hard!

9 whitney January 9, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I found a stud AND fixed my Ikea crappy dresser.

Both gave me joy for very different reasons.

10 Amber January 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm

OK…so I don’t know how I missed your previous post about the recipe scrapbook but I love it!!! I LOVE scrapbooking. Have for years! I spent most of Sunday working on my latest scrapbook which I now have to hurry up and finish so I can make a recipe scrapbook. THANK YOU!!!!

11 Kelsey January 16, 2011 at 5:22 pm

My mom and aunt gave a recipe scrapbook at my bridal shower and I LOVE it. They hand-wrote all the recipes and I think that makes it even more special.

12 Mary @ stylefyles January 21, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Home Depot for the stud finder. They’re pretty cheap.