Project Tasteless: January

by Rachel on January 24, 2011

OMG — it’s back again!

Without any further delay, it’s time to bring back Project Tasteless, the cooking competition for people who like to cook, eat, and hang out. (Or let it all hang out.)

After declaring a winner for the original six-week competition back in December, most everyone expressed a desire to keep the Project Tasteless spirit alive somehow. I’ve decided to make it into more than just a short competition and instead turn it into something more like a monthly book club.

To kick things off for the month of January, I give you this: The Please Let Me Infiltrate the Man Cave Challenge.

With the Super Bowl on everybody’s minds, I know I’ve been craving Hungry Man style cuisine. I’m dying to make this buffalo chicken dip, but I simply have no good occasion, as I’m not a sports fan. Oh, and also because Eric has deemed me a curse to Kansas State sports and has strongly “suggested” I don’t even text him when a game is on — and by “suggested,” I mean, “threatened that I might bring about our relationship’s demise” — because the two times that I have, the team has begun losing. (More on this another day. Because seriously…we need to talk about this.)

But whether you’re a sports fan or not, I’m sure you can get down with a big bowl of chili or some delicious nachos, right? Right! So the idea is to enter with a recipe that you’d feel fully confident serving at a Super Bowl party. (Although the recipe doesn’t have to serve the entire starting line-up — just a few servings is fine.) You can work in your hometown spirit with a Green Bay inspired dish, or you can just say, “I don’t know a damn thing about football, but I do know a thing or two about potato skins.” I’m hoping someone will share a recipe that will allow me to come within 100 yards of a sporting event watch party — I’m pretty sure if my texting has the power to jinx sports teams, my actual physical presence is considered disastrous at this point. If not, I’ll just eat the recipes while watching “Friday Night Lights.”

Official shizz:

• The contest begins today, January 24, 2011. All entries are due by 11:59 PM on Monday, Jan. 31.
  • To enter, you must e-mail your entry to me: contest [at] rachelwilkerson [dot] com. You can Tweet it at me or tag me in a Facebook status, but you have to e-mail me too or your entry won’t be counted. If you have a blog, you can do your entry there; if you don’t have a blog or don’t want to post your entry on your blog, just e-mail is fine too.
  • Eric will be helping me judge this one! Entries will be judged on their presumed deliciousness, creativity, and Man Cave worthiness.

The prize this time? A $10 gift card to the antithesis of the Man Cave: Sephora!

All right…time to [kick off, play ball, blah blah blah sports phrases]!

1 Paige January 24, 2011 at 10:46 am

Yay!

2 Alie January 24, 2011 at 10:51 am

Rachel (or anyone), this blog is great if you like cooking in a crockpot!

3 Manon January 24, 2011 at 10:51 am

You just completely MADE. MY. DAY. YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

4 Rachel January 24, 2011 at 11:12 am

Praise Jesus, I was hoping you’d see this and be excited!

5 Manon January 24, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Project Tasteless (aka an actual REASON to be ridic) + Hungry Man Food + Something related to sports?!?! Ummmm….YES, if I wasn’t excited it would mean someone had stolen my soul.

6 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher January 24, 2011 at 10:52 am

This will require some research because most things, like sports, I don’t know what the hells is going on. Must ask sports loving lovers for ideas…

7 Rachael January 24, 2011 at 11:25 am

Thank the Lord or Baby Jesus himself … I had all but quit my blog. I have an excuse to post something!

8 Cat January 24, 2011 at 11:48 am

Sign me up! I shyed away from Project Tasteless last round, but I’m up for this challenge! Perfect excuse to ignore schoolwork and eat like a man.

9 Alli January 24, 2011 at 12:11 pm

You just made the bf — a die-hard Steelers fan — very, very happy, since I just texted him that I’ll be testing game day snacks for the rest of the week.

10 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life January 24, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Ah! Perfect. I’ve almost bought all the ingredients for an ah-mazing football, tailgating-esque dish!!

Woop woop

11 Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) January 24, 2011 at 4:09 pm

HOLLA HOLLAA!!!

12 Devon (Run Sleep Rinse Repeat) January 24, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Yay! Now that I have interwebz at mi casa, I can’t wait to partake again!

13 Stephanie January 24, 2011 at 7:45 pm

This just made my day! As a fellow bad luck sports fan, I am secretly hoping to redeem myself with something fried and dipped in cheese.

14 Allison @ Happy Tales January 25, 2011 at 12:12 am

Ahhhh what a fun idea!!!!!!! Love this, and LOVE Sephora… must start comin’ up with a good recipe!

15 Lauren at KeepItSweet January 25, 2011 at 7:14 am

Football food is my favorite thing about football, although I really don’t mind watching if I have a team to cheer for. Great idea!

16 Kendra January 25, 2011 at 7:25 pm

YES!!! I know just hte recipe for this too.

17 Darcy @ Ginger's Goodies January 31, 2011 at 11:01 pm