Snowballin’ Outta Control

by Rachel on February 4, 2011

The following video pretty much sums up what has been going on in Houston for the past 24 hours.

Since I’m around the house this morning — major Houston highways have been shut down due to the 1 inch of snow we got last night that didn’t stick — I wanted to do a little housekeeping!

First, don’t be alarmed if I haven’t replied to your Project Tasteless entry yet! I have not had a second to read them yet, and I always reply after I read them so I can be sure I don’t miss anyone. I promise I will have a winner and all recipes posted this weekend in time for the Super Bowl.

Second, I do have some other winners to reward — the winners of the Flytrap Valentine’s card giveaway. I loved reading all the entries and I’m so thrilled you all were as excited about the cards as I was.

Here are our seven random winners…

#41 — Nicci

#69 — Christine

#44 — Melissa

#18 — Manon

#86 — Michelle

#9 — Stephanie

#51 — Mel

Thank you to everyone who entered — don’t forget to continue to shop Flytrap for all your dirty greeting card needs! And winners, I’ll be stalking you today for your info.

Have a great day!

1 Manon February 4, 2011 at 10:23 am

Yay! I win! This trumps realizing it was Friday on my “good things that happened today” list!

2 Lisa @ I'm an Okie February 4, 2011 at 10:23 am

oh Houston. Hey–I may be coming to Houston more in the future and in the next couple of weeks! whoohoo. We need a get together :)

3 Rachel February 4, 2011 at 10:26 am

Def! Keep me posted on your trips!!

4 Tenecia February 4, 2011 at 11:15 am

It’s 21 degrees in Tucson right now! WTF?!?! Obviously Mother Nature forgot that Arizonans do not know what to do in this type of weather! If I wanted to be cold, I would live back east! :)

Stay warm!

T.

5 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter February 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Yay! I am so happy that I won something :)

6 Mel at Mmm Stories February 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm

WOOO!! Thanks again – I’m so excited to spread the love :)

That South Park clip is hilarious – but hey, if I were used to warmer temps and snow-free days I’d probably be pissed/freaked too.

7 G February 5, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Very much enjoyed the SouthPark video. I will be sending this to my aunt who lives in Texas as well. This is not very nice of me, but I want everybody who has been complaining about the “cold” and “snowy” weather they have been having to come live in Canada for a winter.
Last week the windchill was -39F.
I haven’t been able to run outside in over a month.
It takes me 15 minutes to get out of the house because of the amount of clothing I have to put on so I don’t get frost bitten.
I would KILL right now for one inch of snow and 15F weather…

8 Triz February 5, 2011 at 10:45 pm

So … did I miss an episode, or have you yet to give out your SB recipe awards? Because … it is tomorrow lol.

I didn’t submit one, but I was curious: Texas Caviar (e.g. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Texas-Caviar-from-the-Cowgirl-Hall-of-Fame-Restaurant-14807). Is this an actual Texas thing? We’re having this tomorrow and it smells delicious (sitting around in the marinade), but … not necessarily caviar-ish or even Texan?

Also: are you watching FNL? Because you are going to cry your face off. Also Tyra <3

PS LOL I just had this vision of you and Tyra being bffs in a Texas high school. That tv show would be great!

9 Ally February 6, 2011 at 12:49 pm

This video is the BEST ever! I’m in Dallas & I didn’t leave my apartment for 4 days because I have NO IDEA how to drive on ice & we got iced over. I went to the bank for a while but I had to drive over a sheet of ice. I can’t believe that Houston closed down for AN ice of snow! We were cold here COMPARED to what we are used to. I’m used to snow cause I’ve been skiing but I wasn’t prepared to drive in & the city of Dallas wasn’t prepared for it either. Such a great video is giggle at now that it is over. :)