About Last Night

by Rachel on February 24, 2011

Oh, so did you know my boyfriend is funny too?

…at least we can look back on it and laugh, right?

Speaking of that whole incident, I’d just like to say that I may have fallen more in trust with Eric over the weekend, but I fell a little more in love with all of you on Monday. Your comments on that post are some of my favorites ever!

First of all, I was shocked by how many of you had a similar story…OK, I actually wasn’t shocked by that at all, given your comments on Totally Awesome vs. Rock Bottom. But it made me laugh. And I was shocked by how sweet and romantic you found a story about vomit. I couldn’t believe what a soft spot my readers have for a good fairy tale. But then I realized that only my readers would get teary-eyed over a fairy tale that casts tequila as the evil witch who tries to poison the princess.

I also realized that you all now love our Prince Charming so much that he can probably never do wrong by you again…and then I became concerned that you might love him so much that I need to make sure none of you ever meet him in real life! So…for those of you getting any ideas…consider this me peeing all over him.

Ah…I love you guys. Have a good day!

1 Manon February 24, 2011 at 10:12 am

Ohhh tequila…not going to lie….I’m motivated to get this ankle moving again moreso so I can get off crutches and partake in Patron shots and drink my beloved dirty martinis again than to actually be able to walk. You wouldn’t believe the horrible things I’ve convinced myself I would do in exchange for a tequila bender with no worries about being drunk on crutches and breaking my face. Pathetic, I KNOW. Sorry, I’m not sorry :)

2 Dori February 24, 2011 at 10:13 am

Hahahaha very funny response. I didn’t get a chance to comment on that post, but yes, Eric is wonderful for how he took care of you that night. And some guys will surprise you, they’re just good like that. Someone needed to take care of me in the same way over the summer…

3 Lauren at Keep It Sweet February 24, 2011 at 10:15 am

LOL, as always.

4 Sarah February 24, 2011 at 10:27 am

The night I met my exboyfriend, Vodka tried to poison the princess. I ended up having far too much and generally making a fool of myself, ending with Boy and Boy’s bestfriend (neither of whom I know well) having to escort me home. Later, I was talking to Boy and swearing up and down that I am NOT normally like this. He said, “you know, I seem to remember Audrey Hepburn drunkenly tearing up the streets of Rome and having a crazy time. But you know what? She was still a princess.”
And that is why he became my boyfriend. These are the new fairy tales. Who says romance is dead? It’s just a little hungover.

5 Emily February 24, 2011 at 10:40 am

I had my own barf in a bag in a moving vehicle night on Friday, squeezed in the backseat of a friend’s car next to my eventual husband. He’s seen me barf (and vice versa) countless times over the past 5 3/4 years, and its no big deal.

Eric reacted like any decent human being should have, and it seems there are a dearth of decent human beings these days. Hang on to that one!

6 Erin February 24, 2011 at 11:08 am

Rachel, your posts always make me laugh.
I like to keep the smell of sex on my boyfriend when I feel the need to mark my territory. Too much? Yeah, sorry. It’s just what I thought of!

7 Rachel February 24, 2011 at 11:32 am

LLOL. I’ll add that to my to-do list.

8 Angela (the diet book junkie) February 24, 2011 at 4:17 pm

dude, tequila IS evil!! it tries to disguise itself in pretty margaritas and long island ice teas, but that just proves what evil genius it is!! :P

9 Melissa February 24, 2011 at 9:18 pm