In Like a Lamb

by Rachel on March 4, 2011

Something odd happens when you go from February to March.

There’s just a shift in energy and suddenly, everyone realizes that it’s, like, really 2011 and that it is also SPRING!

There really are no seasons in Texas, so I didn’t expect this, but…it just feels like spring now.

I can just smell it, especially first thing in the morning.

It makes me so happy.

Also, apparently, Leos love Pisces because all my friends are having birthdays and that is making life even more fun.

I really need to get out and enjoy the weather this weekend, and I think class at Define, going out to lunch with a new friend, and going shopping should do the trick!

Is it suddenly spring where you are (even if March is coming in like a lion)? And what are you guys up to this weekend?

1 AmandaD March 4, 2011 at 10:46 am

Yea for spring! It’s getting cold again this weekend after the front comes through. I thought I’d share a Houston favorite with you- the Azalea Trail. http://www.riveroaksgardenclub.org/AzaleaTrail.cfm It will get you in the Spring spirit. It’s also fair & festival time- Spring Fest is this weekend in Old Town Spring. Enjoy!

2 Jess March 4, 2011 at 10:49 am

nothing like some good old fashioned springspiration!

3 Laura Georgina March 4, 2011 at 10:50 am

That makes me sigh. It’s NEVER spring here. The closest we get to that feeling is when we go back and forth from rainy season to dry season–the temperature stays the same year-round, but rainy season brings the green back after total drought for five months and the dry season means you stop sticking to everything that touches you and your hair stops being a ball of humidity.

4 Dori March 4, 2011 at 10:51 am

NO it isn’t. Ridiculous. Was in the 20s in NYC this morning. I want spring!

5 Diane March 4, 2011 at 10:55 am

I have a boner for spring the way most people have a boner for fall. Suck it, pumpkin latte. MARSHMALLOW/IRISH CREAM ALL THE WAY. Anyway, we’ve had a few amazing days in D.C., but I’ve worn my winter coat most of this week. I’m crossing my fingers that I can put it away soon.

6 Natalie @ Scarlett Notions March 4, 2011 at 10:59 am

Chilly weekend here in Dallas and then Spring should, well, spring up all around! :)

7 Lindsay March 4, 2011 at 11:04 am

It’s definitely not spring here, in good old North Dakota. Though it’s getting into the teens during the day, which is actually kind of nice, it’s still below zero at night. :( This is the point in the year where we all just decide we’re done with winter and want it over RIGHT NOW.

8 Kaytee March 4, 2011 at 11:34 am

Well, apparently it’s chilly in Dallas (???), but on my side of the metroplex, it’s a nice 75 degrees today & in the 60s all weekend. I’m actually wearing a dress & heels with bare legs today. Definitely feels like Spring to me!

9 Brittney March 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

Yup, I agree, it does feel like spring in Charlotte! I feel myself wanting to wear more color and the trees are budding with flowers. This is my favorite time of year :)

10 Stephanie March 4, 2011 at 11:44 am

I’ll know spring is here when my tulips start poppin up everywhere. My favorite day ever is coming home and seeing them! My plans this weekend involve a lot of chillaxin. And ice cream. :)

11 Sable March 4, 2011 at 11:58 am

Ugh NO we’re getting 6 inches of snow over today and tomorrow. :( But now that I’m writing “March” on all my assignments I’m starting to get antsy for some nice warm weather! It feels like the end of winter is in sight!!!

12 Lauren March 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm

It’s rainy here!! And I didn’t have to wear my puffy north face jacket today….so a good friday, in my book!

13 Melissa March 4, 2011 at 12:51 pm

It definitely feels like spring in Richmond–it’s that spring-y scent in the air, ya know?

I’m in Michigan this weekend, though, where it is decidedly NOT spring! Freezing rain? No thanks!

14 Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Spring is being very resistant to come in NY! I am excited that I don’t have to much scheduled for the weekend- more time to do things I want to do!

15 Gaby March 4, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Teaching free yoga classes at the YogaOne flow factory from 8 to 9am both Saturday and Sunday, you should come!!
A potluck picnic at the Menil park to watch Andy Warhol films tonight at 7 for which I’m trying out saag paneer for the first time. And there’s also a free Nia moves dance class at Lululemon on Sunday at 11. Come to any and/ or all of those things, I’d love to see you!

16 Madison March 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm

It is cloudy right now in Southern Louisiana, but this weekend, rain or shine, is PARTY GRAS 2011! Went to a store down the street, which I’d never been to before, called Beads Galore. Oh, the galore! Heaven is purple, green, and gold! I even found a “Congrats Grad!” and a “Michael Jackson” bead, in addition to some masks and glitter in all kinds of nooks and crannies. Everyone was laughing, making jokes, wearing things as they shopped, and dancing around. It was great!
In other words, yes, it does feel like fun times around here! Have a great weekend, everyone!

17 Cameo March 4, 2011 at 5:07 pm

The sky has been the most gorgeous shades of blue from morning till night (this week, anyway), the sun is bright, but the cold air is EFFIN’ RELENTLESS. It angers me that it can look so pretty but feel so brutal still.

18 caitie March 5, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Out like a lamb!

I was just in a discussion about this saying last night!

DID YOU PICK WHICH OUTFIT YET?!!?! I wanna knowww!!!!!

19 Rachel March 5, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Walking out the door to Anthropologie RIGHT NOW!

20 Christine March 5, 2011 at 12:40 pm

It definitely does feel more like Spring!! Can’t wait for lunch! Enjoy shopping :)

21 Rachel March 6, 2011 at 10:10 am

awww those pictures just made me happy Rachel! Boston is hot and cold with it’s spring-y-ness. Last week it was 60, then it dropped back down to 9. Today is in the low 50s. Hopefully it’ll stay that way, but I definitely know what you mean about smelling it in the air. That’s just the best feeling over! Oh how I looove spring! : )

22 Allie March 7, 2011 at 11:54 am

It’s getting there – some spring mixed in with winter days. I’m really excited because I just moved from a location where spring doesn’t really show itself until late April.