Rachel Getting Hungry: On Meat

by Rachel on March 6, 2011

I think this might be the best food I’ve had in a long time.

I think you should make it.

I also think you should eat it while cracking up watching “Dumb & Dumber” for the thousandth time and having the best date night in recent memory.

But that is seriously not a requirement.

And P.S. — I’ve been reading and cooking Eat, Live, Run and How Sweet It Is religiously for some time now, and all I can conclude is that these girls are conspiring to get me wifed.

Anything that happens from here on out…well, their recipes are totally to blame.

I’m just simply trying to cook something delicious for dinner, I swear.

1 Allison Beasley March 6, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Ahh, being from the south means that I love some pulled pork! BBQ is everywhere in NC and it is always a great (un)healthy meal! :)

2 Rachel March 7, 2011 at 8:55 am

Mmm well I think this is some pretty healthy BBQ! You should definitely try it!!

3 Kaytee March 6, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I absolutely agree about those two blogs- forget “Engagement chicken” because Jenna & Jessica have this whole “get wifed” thing down solid. I have every intention of making buffalo chicken dip for Kyle when he finishes training. Maybe my motives are questionable, but at least he will get some delicious food out of it. Win win, right?

4 Rachel March 7, 2011 at 8:54 am

For real, the engagement chicken is just going to be a formality at this point.

That buffalo chicken dip is so wifeable, it somehow works even if you can’t keep it down!!

5 Natalie March 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm

haha! I made Jenna’s chicken noodle soup casserole for lunch today, and just finished making her yogi trail mix bars. I make them every sunday to snack on all week!

6 Ashley March 6, 2011 at 9:50 pm

ELR and How Sweet Eats are absolutely two of my favorite blogs. Their recipes are amazing, and they are both amazing storytellers. I feel like Jenna is a blogger with a book deal who deserves it for being a great writer — which, sadly, isn’t always the case.

7 Kayla March 6, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Couldn’t agree more with previous comments! Jenna and Jessica are two of my favorite bloggers and I don’t get bored with either one (wish I could say the same for a lot of other blogs)! Looks delicious–date nights at home are the best!

8 Michelle March 6, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I love ELR and her recipes too! Seriously, her chicken and biscuit recipe and chicken enchiladas are staples in my house! Still have to try her pulled pork though!

9 Rachel's Mom March 6, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I DID make this on Wednesday! It was deeeelish!

10 Rachel March 7, 2011 at 8:53 am

And don’t forget you made the How Sweet cookie dough dip too!

11 Summer March 16, 2011 at 11:12 am

I love Jenna’s recipes! I made the channa masala last night—out of this world awesome.