This Morning

by Rachel on April 1, 2011

Happy April! Have a good weekend!

1 Jessica @ How Sweet April 1, 2011 at 9:11 am

Haha, THANK YOU! Can I just say that yesterday I was already annoyed with the absolute garbage I’d have to sift through in “April Fools” jokes on blogs and Facebook? Um… it’s not funny anymore people. Everyone does it!

2 marie April 1, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I CO-SIGN EVERY COMMENT ON THIS PAGE.

I thought about doing a post today on how everyone is stupid…but I pretty much do that every day.

3 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com April 1, 2011 at 9:12 am

This made me smile :)

4 Dori April 1, 2011 at 9:13 am

I love you.

5 Allison April 1, 2011 at 9:18 am

hahaha and the apirl fools day facebook status updates continue to roll in…

6 Melissa April 1, 2011 at 9:20 am

Awesome. Just. Awesome.

7 Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 1, 2011 at 9:22 am

LOL happy friday and enjoy your April Fools Day:-)

8 Hannah April 1, 2011 at 9:23 am

Oh my gosh, are you SERIOUS?!
Just kidding. Happy April Fools Day!

9 Kaytee April 1, 2011 at 9:58 am

Love you.

10 Becca April 1, 2011 at 9:59 am

lol LOVE this… so many silly “jokes” going on today! Love that you make light of it!

11 Mrs. Fish April 1, 2011 at 10:42 am

The only time I play April Fool’s jokes is at work. On my students. Who are eight.

I hide in a closet. Write a note on the board that I got really sick and a sub is coming soon. The kiddos usually flip out, and then the future teacher in the room, you know that who follows every rule and always lets me know when others aren’t doing so, steps up and brings order to the chaos. It’s a beautiful thing.

I hide out until after announcements, and then stroll in like it’s no big deal. Thanks to the future teacher, everyone has done lunch count, they are working on their morning work, things are quiet, and all is right in the world. It’s a beautiful thing. :)

But I’m on spring break this week….sad times.

12 Rachel's Mom April 1, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I told my second grade students the big math test and the big science test they took yesterday were sitting on the front seat of my van. My son rolled the back window of the van down (because the child safety lock was off) and all of the tests blew out of the window on the expressway. There was no way I could collect all of them safely, so they were going to have to take both tests over again today. But hey, it’ll be easier the second time around, right?

They were NOT happy, until I told them it was a joke for April Fool’s Day. :)

13 Stephanie@MyThornsHaveRoses April 1, 2011 at 10:54 am

You forgot to note that you also won millions of dollars. :)

14 Marie April 1, 2011 at 10:54 am

Thank youuuuu. Happy April!

15 [SMASH] April 1, 2011 at 11:06 am

Oh how I hate this day. Except a bitchass manager here got fired and it was definitely NOT a joke. Sweet.

16 Erin April 1, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Your posts are always so perfect. This day so annoys me in the blog world.

17 Rachael April 1, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I plan on NOT logging into facebook today, standard.

I will tell you though, that today my husband left for a job in TX and I will not see him for months. Totally not April Foolin’ here. The good news, I will be following him out there by the end of the year … I guess everybody moves to TX eventually huh?

18 Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily April 1, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Wow. That would be quite the day! Happy April

19 Parita @ myinnershakti April 1, 2011 at 4:26 pm

LOLOL! You crack me up. :)

20 Tamara April 1, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Methinks April Fools is a thing of the past. Nothing worked this year, not Google, Youtube, or any other company’s joke. All my friends had predictable “jokes” and links I didn’t click. Maybe next year. Great blog by the way. I’ll be sure to comment regularly. Please check out my new blog dedicated to becoming a runner.

21 Rachel April 2, 2011 at 8:59 am

I tend to agree. I think it’s a good excuse for tech companies to have fun (Google’s prank was so well-done, even if we knew it wasn’t real) one day of the year. And nice to “meet” you, btw! Welcome to the fun!!

22 Rachel's Mom April 1, 2011 at 10:18 pm

On announcements this morning it was said, “I know that some of you didn’t get the Synervoice message last night, but the superintendent has decided that the half day we missed because of the ice last week would need to be made up today, so we will be having a whole day of school.” I thought, hmmmmm, I didn’t get that message. That really sucks…last day before Spring Break. Then she said, “Mrs. Clark isn’t here today, so there will be no lunch served.” At that point I got that it was a joke, but the kids didn’t! They were soooo upset! The announcement continuted…”Maybe if you brought a snack today, your teacher will let you eat that for your lunch. If not, sorry, but you’re just going to be hungry.” The kids were almost in tears when it was finally said that it was a joke for April Fool’s Day. :)

23 Nikki April 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm

This post is super funny… but super confusing when you read it on April 3rd.

24 Mary (A Merry Life) April 4, 2011 at 3:15 am

I think you just summed up all the reasons I hate April Fool’s day in one post. ;)