#rw2011 #immawifetheshitouttayou

by Rachel on April 29, 2011

Happy Royal Wedding Day!

don't behead kate middleton

OK so…as I expected, the wedding itself (when I found it buried deep within my 6 hours of DVRd speculation/pregame/procession to Buckingham Palace) was pretty boring. Don’t get me wrong, everything was perfect. But beside the hats (if I go to any weddings this summer, I will wear one!) and Pippa’s dress (so chic — “The Other Middleton Girl” should be the next bestseller from Phillipa Gregory as far as I’m concerned), I was having trouble getting into it.

Then I realized that life? Is as fun as you make it. So I started having all the fun they should have been having.

Head to my Twitter page to read all of my Tweets from the event (which will probably be picked up later as I actually sort through the DVR and watch the thing properly) and please join in the conversation! Give me your favorite one-liners, Tweets, and thoughts on the event in the comments. Can’t wait to hear what you guys thought! (Like…Price Harry, ladies…amiright or AM I RIGHT?!?!)

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 29, 2011 at 10:38 am

I agree with the Prince Harry and Pippa’s dress comments.

How about the cousins’ hats?!

2 Elizabeth April 29, 2011 at 10:46 am

SO right.

3 Triz April 29, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Check out the little flower girl, especially in the second photo: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1381815/Royal-Wedding-kiss-signals-great-future-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William.html

I only watched the highlights, but they at least looked truly happy!

4 Tenecia April 29, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I’m not gonna lie….Prince Harry….yeah…I’d tap that….

T.

5 Rachel's Mom April 29, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Except that Prince Harry didn’t have time for a royal haircut before the wedding! His hair was so big!

6 Taylor @ Delish World April 29, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Would def tap that. I loved the wedding. Loved Pippa’s dress, loved the cousins’ ugly hats, loved the Queen’s yellow outfit, loved Kate, even loved Will and his bald spot. I so got it up for the wedding this morning!

7 Lisa @ I'm an Okie April 29, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I saw a tweet from MelissaNibbles about how she hopes Prince Harry and Pippa get drunk and screw. I won’t lie, the thought crossed my mind! loved it.

8 Rachael April 29, 2011 at 2:11 pm

You better not be advocating Ginger Love around here.

9 Liz @ IHeartVegetables April 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Hahahaha I loved reading your tweets during the rw2011

10 Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I cracked up at your Camilla tweet!

11 Jess-The SemiAbnormal Gal April 29, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I’ve always been a Harry Fan, Willy is cute and all, but a bit stuffy. That and I’m a sucker for a red-head with a wild streak. And for the record: I love the big hair (on Harry)….you know what they say about big hair…wink, wink.

12 Parita @ myinnershakti April 30, 2011 at 12:08 am

The Camilla tweet is my fav! Hahahaha! So true. And Prince Harry does seem like the wild one…I too am hoping he and Pippa start something up…that’ll give people something new to talk about. Have a good one!

13 jenna k April 30, 2011 at 1:30 am

prince harry…. YES. prince william is starting to look too much like prince charles- ick

14 Becca April 30, 2011 at 7:55 am

This is amazing! I do love weddings but I just wasn’t into rw2011. However, the coverage was playing while I was headed through the airport, and I could help but choke up a little, unavoidable I guess.

15 [SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. April 30, 2011 at 9:30 am

Yeah I definitely fast forwarded through all the hooplah to get to the actual ceremony then to the kiss. Loved her dress. <3 Haha your tweets were too funny! And like when did Prince Harry get so hot? #hecangetit

16 magdi May 1, 2011 at 10:26 pm

“immawifetheshitouttayou”- enough said rachel- awesome post, i laughed through all of it!