The 1/3 Less Stress Challenge Check In

by Rachel on May 25, 2011

Today is the last day of the KRAFT Singles 1/3 Less Challenge!

As you may recall, the 1/3 Less Challenge comes from the 1/3 less fat that KRAFT Singles made with 2% Milk have (2.5 grams of fat per slice compared to 4.5 grams in the leading process cheese slice). There have been three 1/3 Less Challenges over the past six weeks, each with an individual prize. If you’ve entered each challenge, you’ll be eligible to win the grand prize this week — a $100 Visa gift card!

Soooo…let’s check in on the last challenge.

For this challenge, I ordered you to stress a little bit less. Just chill a little bit. Take a deep breath and realize the world isn’t going to end (yes, we can say that now!) because the line at Starbucks is moving extra slow this morning. All you had to do was reduce your stress level by a mere 1/3.

If you left a comment on the original post telling me what stresses you out and how you were going to deal, today you need to leave a comment on this post to let me know how it went. Just leave your comment by 11:59 PM PST tonight to be in the running!

I will pick a random winner from the eligible comments. The winner of this challenge will get a $15 SpaFinder.com gift card. And if you’ve entered the first two challenges, be sure to enter this one so you’ll have a shot at the $100 Visa gift card this week.

I’ll announce both winners tomorrow! This was clearly a needed challenge for many of you so I can’t wait to hear how it went!

1 Dori May 25, 2011 at 9:06 am

Wow, this challenge went by fast! I am proud to say I stressed and vented about my health insurance situation even more than 1/3 less. I am being an adult and dealing with it without whining.

2 Meghan May 25, 2011 at 9:15 am

My inlaws were a source of stress. Instead of worrying about what I was going to say to them or how my husband was going to react, I kept my mouth shut when we visited and let them/my husband do all the talking. Realizing that it wasn’t my issue/problem helped.

3 Missy Maintains May 25, 2011 at 9:25 am

I said that my emotional eating was stressing me out. I dealt with it by doing my first 3-day juice cleanse and proving to myself that I don’t need to me eating at all times!

4 Dallas May 25, 2011 at 9:30 am

I’ve made TONS of progress on my goal of not being stressed about my future. I have….

a) Updated my resume.
b) Applied to 15 jobs.
c) created a branded blog and my own url, where I can work to network and build a social media portfolio.
d) Rebranded my twitter to be used as a networking tool.

Basically…. I feel I have kicked this challenge’s butt.

5 kate May 25, 2011 at 9:43 am

I’m maintaining, considering I’m trying to get 9hrs of sleep every night, the boyfriend just moved in and the tri is in just 4 sleeps – I’m managing. I WANT to curl up in a little ball and be a crab and be just sleep through til Monday am, but I’m here doing my taper, dealing with my sore throat and trying to make the most of my few hours every evening. Steaks, asparagus, and pasta roni angel hair pasta tonight. +kitty snuggles & boyfriend hugs. If that’s not stress relief I’m not sure what is.

6 Lea May 25, 2011 at 9:56 am

Hey, hey, hey…I rocked this challenge! The key: I planned my biggest socializing nights for a weeknight (no drinking, so easy-peasy) and for Friday! That left me with the whooooooole weekend to do “me stuff”, which included a farmer’s market visit, and awesome Saturday lunch with my sweetie, and lots of air-conditioned TV-watching and miscellaneous reading. Finding ways to sneak my socializing in on weeknights made my weekends full of happy, non-rushed free time!

7 Sable May 25, 2011 at 10:09 am

I am SHOCKED this challenge is over! I’ve done a really good job if I do say so myself :) haha. But really, it was surprisingly easy to just dismiss stressful thoughts by thinking, “I can’t change it, it doesn’t matter.” I also started meditating (or, um, trying to, I’m not very good at it) and that’s been HUGE.

8 Sarah May 25, 2011 at 11:07 am

I did really well on this challenge! I chilled the hell out about graduation, realized I had already done the hard parts and it was time for fun and friends, and had a really happy first week. The second week, I started my full time job and started cooking for myself (thus making up for my dismal performance in the shortcuts challenge). Instead of getting stressed about changes, I got excited about all the control I have over my life now that I’m out of school. That helped me stress, like… 80% less than I usually do!

9 Manon May 25, 2011 at 11:48 am

The stress of the bff moving I’ve started handling much better, or at least I cry 1/3 less.

10 M May 25, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I’ve done really well at this challenge–I’ve been extremely anxious over studying for my LSAT, as well as preparing to move this summer, but I’ve challenged my anxiety into activity, and gotten a lot done this week to prepare to move in addition to not falling behind on my studying.

11 Kelly May 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I was hoping to stress less about cleaning house, weeding yard, etc. and have more fun. Well, this weekend I did very little house cleaning (only the dishes that needed to be done to not be gross) and had a great, relaxing time. This was definitely a challenge I needed – thanks for the motivation and lowering my stress levels!

12 Eirinn May 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I definitely succeeded in this challenge but not in the way I had intended. The week the challenge was posted I had finals coming up so I thought instead of wasting time worrying about them I should study more. I don’t think I studied any more than I usually would have but I did accept the fact that I would do my best and that was all there was to it, I was not going to worry any more! I did this and ended the semester de-stressed with good grades, go me!

13 Nikki May 25, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I did… not so well. My goal was to get through a worry-free relocation over the past two weeks. While I didn’t stress out during the moving process (I packed 1-3 boxes per day over a week, so there was no last minute stuff) but I did freak out a little bit trying to find someone to sublet my current apartment for the end of the lease. People of America/Maryland.. if you are going to back out of an agreement, be up front and honest about it instead of ignoring your email! ARgh!

14 ashleigh May 25, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I was stressed about work and I took a day off… so that helped!

15 Hannah May 25, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I wanted to make sure that I would get sleep without being on the computer for at least a half hour, and I think I was halfway good on this. Although getting sick for one of the weekends forced me to sleep more, and without using the computer… Still, I think I was decent at following the goal. I’m going to keep working on being on my computer less, and getting things done without it.

16 Tiffany May 26, 2011 at 7:46 am

My day was spent moving yesterday, so I missed the deadline on this, but that’s ok. :) so needless to say, I made my decision and the move for a new job, and I couldn’t be happier! I definitely stressed much less than expected and than usual. One huge thing that helped me, was letting go of perfectionism. I typically am overly obsessive with organization and wanting things “just so”, so messy changes (like moving!) usually freak me out. But, I just kept encouraging myself to not let it frustrate me or distract me and was very successful!