Please Send Jell-O

by Rachel on June 15, 2011

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen that Eric and I are a couple of invalids right now. Long story short, we went to the doctor yesterday with nearly identical symptoms, thinking it was food poisoning or some kind of toxin. Turns out, I had a nasty bladder infection and he had appendicitis! How romantically in sync is that?!

We just bid farewell to his appendix; the doctor has told me he is fine and I am waiting to see him whilst praying my meds take effect soon so I can take care of him effectively. We could really use a mom right now, but with one in KS and one in Mi, we are just going to have to make it work.

Please send good vibes to Houston! Or Jell-O. Whichever you have to spare.

I’ll be back with the whole story and maybe even the pics of his appendix soon!

1 Jordan June 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I hope you two feel better soon! The hypochondriac in me thinks I have appendicitis every other week, so I’m sure actually having it can’t be fun.

2 [SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. June 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm

So sorry to read all this. I was so concerned when I saw your Twitter updates! *sending you both good “feel better” vibes*

3 Suzanne June 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I’ve been at the hospital with a kidney infection… not fun and it also made me a little crazy about kidney/bladder stuff. Hope you and Eric feel better soon!

4 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 15, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Aww, I hope you both recover quickly!

5 Ashley@fromashleywithlove.com June 15, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I’ve been following your updates, i feel so bad for you two! at least you both went to the dr and were able to figure it out! good vibes are on their way! xo

6 Zora's mom June 15, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I hope everyone feels better soon! You might have to recruit a friend to play “mom” if you are still under the weather.

7 Mary @ stylefyles June 15, 2011 at 1:35 pm

ew, please no appendix pics.
feel better, both of you!

8 WHitney Saenz June 15, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Appendicitis SUCKS!!! My husband had an emergency appendectomy at the beginning of May, but at least the recovery isn’t super rough!

Bladder infections may suck a little bit more…. but I’ve never had appendicitis so who knows!

Hope both of you guys feel much better soon!

9 Dori June 15, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Somehow I missed this on Twitter. Oh no! I am so sorry this happened to both of you at the same time. That is nuts. I hope you both feel better. I found that after surgery that chocolate pudding (from the mix, not pre-made) does wonders.

10 Ashley June 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Ive been following on twitter..feel better! Appendicitis and bladder infections are no joke..and
So painful!

11 Suzanne 2 June 15, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Having had both bladder infections (and kidney stones) and an appendicitis, I feel qualified to say that they both suck. Feel better soon.

12 Lauren at Keep It Sweet June 15, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Oh that sounds horrible:-( I hope your meds kick in ASAP! Feel better!!

13 Melissa June 15, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Sending all the best, healthiest vibes your way! So sorry you’re both sick at once. That’s the pits!

14 Teri [a foodie stays fit] June 15, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I’m so sorry you are both sick and that you don’t seem to be getting better as quickly! Please let me know if I can help with anything (guest post, bribing doctors to give you the good drugs, etc.).

15 Danielle June 16, 2011 at 8:39 am

What timing! When it rains, it pours I guess! Bladder infections are NOT fun. I wish you both a speedy recovery!

16 Rachel June 16, 2011 at 10:18 am

Appendicitis = my worst fear. So glad he went to the doctor before it ruptured!! And feel better soon, that does not sound fun either…

Maybe you can train the puppies to take care of you??

17 EricaLS June 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Hope you guys are feeling better! I saw your tweets and was really waiting for you to update us!

18 Katie June 16, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Miserable! Feel better for all the advice you give us I’d send you better then Jello, but being in MO I doubt that I can be any more help then your parents! Hugs feel better I know all that is MISERABLE!

19 Rachel June 17, 2011 at 10:01 am

Awww Rachel, feel better! Sending you both a quick recovery ( ~~~ > ) Yup, that’s me sending it! And hey, at least you can be sick together, so in a way it IS romantic and I’m sure you’ll make it romantic in some way since you always make the best of situations.

Have a good weekend, get better soon!

20 Tara June 17, 2011 at 11:33 am

Feel better. This is the real deal now because even when you guys are invalids, you still have two little puppies that you need you around the clock!

21 Jennifer June 17, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Hope both of you feel better soon!