You Know We’ve Got a Good Thing Going and I Don’t Wanna See it End

by Rachel on July 7, 2011

Last night, Eric took me to see his favorite band, Reel Big Fish, play at Warehouse Live in Houston.

rachel & eric reel big fish concert

Today’s lesson: Seeing someone you love totally, completely, 100 percent geeked about something they love is not only a necessary part of falling more in love…it’s also a really fun part. And I’m not too familiar with the band but I was able to get into the concert too. We had so much fun and I can’t get the song “Good Thing” out of my head today!

Seriously, watching a guy listening to his favorite band live is enough to make a girl’s heart explode. What a fun night.

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 7, 2011 at 9:43 am

I love watching my fiance’ get really excited/happy about something. Especially when I have something to do with it! :)

2 Taylor July 7, 2011 at 9:53 am

Reel Big Fish is such a fun band! It’s always awesome when you get to experience something with someone that makes them really happy; I think it brings you closer together.

3 Rachel July 7, 2011 at 9:56 am

Yes, that’s exactly how I felt! You nailed it.

4 Ashley Breton July 7, 2011 at 9:58 am

Reel Big Fish is so much fun. You probably would’ve never realized it if you and Eric weren’t so in love :) Makes me happy!

5 Carrie July 7, 2011 at 10:00 am

100% agree with today’s lesson. I’m discovering the very same thing. His music and his favorite television show. I truly love watching him excited about it.

6 Dori July 7, 2011 at 10:08 am

Great picture! So glad you had fun. I have Reel Big Fish covering Brown-Eyed Girl on my iPod. For some reason I have had that since college, I believe the days of Kazaa.

7 Rachel July 7, 2011 at 10:19 am

Kazaa! omg how could I forget Kazaa?!

8 Jen July 7, 2011 at 10:08 am

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year now but we were very casual to begin with (my doing… Sorry i’m not sorry!) and to this day he’s adament that the night he realised we were serious and that he had fallen for me was when he took me to see my favourite band… I got stinkin drunk, sang along (badly) to every single song and screamed my head off… Great night and that done it apparently! : )

9 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy July 7, 2011 at 10:18 am

so cute. Going to concerts together is definitely one of the best ways to spend time with the one you love. Assuming they still love you after they hear your drunken concert singing voice.

10 Ann @ ANN in real life. July 7, 2011 at 10:21 am

Sounds like a lot of fun! My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now and we still haven’t been to a concert. Both of us love live music, so I’m hoping we get to see some soon!

11 Kelly July 7, 2011 at 10:24 am

You two make a cute couple!

12 Heather July 7, 2011 at 10:36 am

Eric just got 12908301289312098 points from me for RBF being his favorite band.

You just received the same amount of points for the title of this post, and mainly, the assurance that I will be singing this song all day long.

Thank you.

13 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 7, 2011 at 11:50 am

You are so right! I love it when my husband gets excited about something–even basketball. Going to a basketball game with him is priceless (watching him’s better than watching the game, haha)!

14 Alicia at Poise in Parma July 7, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I felt like Eric on Sunday night, and I know Hans was feeling like you did. We went to see Hall & Oates (with the one and only Bess from I Dream of Greenie!) as a part of my birthday vacation. I was SO in the moment – I even realized that during the concert, I hadn’t been THAT INSANELY HAPPY in a very long time. And I could even see that realization on Hans’ face throughout the evening. It feels awesome to be alive again.

15 Rachel July 7, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I was JUST reading your blog about H & O and was so happy for you. I think we all have those things that make us happy and so sharing it with someone else is amazing.

“It feels awesome to be alive again” –> This? Just kinda thrilled me!

16 Jordan July 7, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Does Eric play the air drums? My boyfriend ALWAYS plays the air drums while he’s at a concert of a band he loves. It so nerdy-cute.

17 Emma July 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm

You are so in love, and it is SO sweet. Are you the one who said you ‘love love?’ Because it so fits! And I’m a fan a well – so many feel-good posts!

18 Rachel July 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Yes, I love love! And hope everyone else can too!!

19 Jessica July 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I totally and completely agree. It is amazing to see someone so passionate about something bigger than themselves. I think seeing my husband’s intense love for the things he is passionate about, and seeing him enjoy those funny little things makes me love him more and more :)

20 Liz @ IHeartVegetables July 7, 2011 at 2:42 pm

That’s SO true! You guys are so cute :)

21 Erin July 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm

So funny–I JUST did this over the holiday weekend. Phish for three days! Haha, it was actually very fun all around, and I know exactly what you mean. I didn’t know my boyfriend was such a geek! But it was very charming.

22 Natalie July 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I love RBF! Haven’t listened to them in awhile…about to turn them on now!

23 Claire July 8, 2011 at 2:42 am

Wow, I’m really glad you mentioned this. I wasn’t sure about going to this concert since I’m not mad about the band, but now I think I’ll have to.

24 Jess-The SemiAbnormal Gal July 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I adore Reel Big Fish! They were my first real concert! Major props to Eric!