Here’s what has me hot and bothered today!
1. My letterpress notecards. That picture above is of one of them. I love them, and I really love the fact that they were free! I won them through a contest from Oh So Beautiful Paper and Moontree Letterpress. Each week, they give a new theme and you are invited to submit a six-word story. The theme that week was “Needle in a Haystack (Things That Are Hard to Find)” and my winning short story was “Any reassurance when Googling strange symptoms.”
2. Rihanna’s Glamour shoot. I’m obsessed with Rihanna’s look here. I really want that hair, but Eric is not very encouraging of this as my new look.
3. The Ozarks. Eric’s birthday gift to me is a plane ticket to the Ozarks next week to go on his family’s vacation with them. I’m looking forward to a very relaxing long weekend.
4. Charleston’s day out. This morning Eric got up and took the dogs out around 5:30 and then put them back in their crates and went back to sleep. When we got up around 7, Chuck’s crate was open and he was nowhere to be found. We searched all over the apartment, and it was apparent that he had gone on an adventure, but we couldn’t find him. As Eric searched under the bed, I finally went and opened my closet door, and there he was — all curled up and sleeping peacefully on some dirty clothes. I can only imagine what he did with his hour of freedom.
1. The puppies’ long recovery. Even with their giant collars, Indiana managed to get at his stitches. We bought him a new bigger collar — that, like Chuck, he is intent on destroying — but today his stitches are looking pretty yucky so we’re taking him to the vet tonight. We also decided last weekend to cancel our road trip to Kansas this weekend because the dogs really aren’t in good shape to spend 28 hours in the car this weekend.
That’s all I got! What’s on your Wet Wednesday list today?