Wet Wednesday

by Rachel on August 3, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Here’s what has me hot and bothered today!

Hot

1. My letterpress notecards. That picture above is of one of them. I love them, and I really love the fact that they were free! I won them through a contest from Oh So Beautiful Paper and Moontree Letterpress. Each week, they give a new theme and you are invited to submit a six-word story. The theme that week was “Needle in a Haystack (Things That Are Hard to Find)” and my winning short story was “Any reassurance when Googling strange symptoms.”

2. Rihanna’s Glamour shoot. I’m obsessed with Rihanna’s look here. I really want that hair, but Eric is not very encouraging of this as my new look.

3. The Ozarks. Eric’s birthday gift to me is a plane ticket to the Ozarks next week to go on his family’s vacation with them. I’m looking forward to a very relaxing long weekend.

4. Charleston’s day out. This morning Eric got up and took the dogs out around 5:30 and then put them back in their crates and went back to sleep.  When we got up around 7, Chuck’s crate was open and he was nowhere to be found. We searched all over the apartment, and it was apparent that he had gone on an adventure, but we couldn’t find him. As Eric searched under the bed, I finally went and opened my closet door, and there he was — all curled up and sleeping peacefully on some dirty clothes. I can only imagine what he did with his hour of freedom.

Bothered

1. The puppies’ long recovery. Even with their giant collars, Indiana managed to get at his stitches. We bought him a new bigger collar — that, like Chuck, he is intent on destroying — but today his stitches are looking pretty yucky so we’re taking him to the vet tonight. We also decided last weekend to cancel our road trip to Kansas this weekend because the dogs really aren’t in good shape to spend 28 hours in the car this weekend.

That’s all I got! What’s on your Wet Wednesday list today?

1 Jessica August 3, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Your dogs kill me! I love seeing pictures of them, and hope they get better soon from their surgeries!

2 Meghan August 3, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Wednesday Brings: A poetry paper, a poetry final, and thinking about when is it time to have THE conversation. Because you’ve called me your girlfriend twice, and you bought me a present on you trip to see your family, but I like you and don’t want to freak you out, but man am I a girl. Maybe I should write a poem.

Dogs sadness. Poor Babies. My dog was so good, no cone needed. But I’m pretty sure they curl up in dirty clothes when they want to smell you, but know they shouldn’t. Linus does that when he doesn’t feel well.

3 Diane August 3, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Hot: my latest storytelling show is featured in The Washington Post and my name’s in there!
Bothered: we moved offices this week and I’m not loving the change to a busier, louder floor.

4 Rachel August 3, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Wooo! Congrats!

Also, I’m still laughing at that video you posted the other day.

5 [SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. August 3, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Love the 6 word sentence you won with — terribly true! :D Your upcoming vacay sounds fun.

6 MelissaNibbles August 3, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Who cares if Eric likes it or not? It would look hot. If you want to do it, do it!

7 Manon August 3, 2011 at 4:06 pm

What she said :)

8 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy & Healthy August 3, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I am obsessed with your dogs.
Just thought you should know.
You’re pretty awesome too, and as far as I’m concerned I agree with Melissa and think you could definitely rock the Rhianna hair!

9 Stephanie @ LoveLaughterLight August 3, 2011 at 2:45 pm

My Wet Wednesday consisted of doing dishes and splashing myself, as I do every time. :\

10 Katie August 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I think that you would look gorgeous with that hair—do it!!

breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

11 Phoebe August 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I went to the Ozarks on a family vacation a couple weeks ago. Be forewarned, it’s incredibly humid and buggy (we were in southern Missouri). A million Winter’s Bone jokes and applications of bugspray later, it was a great trip. Have fun!

12 Rachel August 3, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Oooh thanks for letting me know!

13 Manon August 3, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Oh the Ozarks…..Soooooooo…….much………FUN! What has me hot? My birthday check from my parents! What has me bothered…..the fact that my next vacation is not until May 2012.

14 Rachel's Mom August 3, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I am surprised they are not destroying each other’s big lampshade collars….like a crazy game of Tug -of-War to get them off.

15 Rachel August 4, 2011 at 6:47 am

Oh they are!

16 jenna k August 4, 2011 at 1:07 am

i’ve become completely obsessed with pinterest in the past 36 hours. i feel like the site was developed just for me.

17 Dionne August 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Ummm Rhi’s hair is HOT and would look fab on you… I’m digging it!