It’s Wednesday! Here’s what has me all tingly right now.
1. No Franklin and Bash. Wednesday night is all about F & B at my place…or at least it was. The season ended last week and now we have to wait till next summer for it to come back! And don’t even get me started on the lack of “Mad Men”! Now we really do need someone to bring sexy back.
2. My hair. Oh my gosh, I’m having a bad hair month! The Houston humidity actually doesn’t affect it too much but it grew super fast this month, meaning I needed a relaxer after four weeks instead of my typical seven. I can’t afford to make a habit of getting it done monthly so I am just looking at other women with major hair envy and seriously considering wigs.
3. Pre-vacation shizz. The day before a vacation is always such a cluster — and that’s today for me! I think (hope!) last night was the worst of it though.
1. Birchbox. I’ve had a Birchbox membership for a while but it’s just kinda hitting me how much I love it. For $10 a month, you get a box each month delivered to you filled with premium makeup samples. I realized this morning that I haven’t been spending much time at Target and Sephora lately because Birchbox kinda satisfies my need to blow a lot of money on new products. That Nuxe body oil and Laura Gellar blush/bronzer are two of my current favorites.
2. Working out as a hobby. This topic has come up twice in conversations I have had this week. Instead of thinking of working out as something you have to do, what if it was something you inadvertently did because it was part of your hobby? Think about when you played sports as a kid. You didn’t think of going to practice for 3 hours as “working out.” You did it because it was part of something else you liked and involved seeing your friends. I really think finding that as an adult is possible! I’m going to write a full lesson on it soon, because I think it deserves further attention.
3. Yoga. Speaking of working out as a hobby, I decided to get a new hobby this week! Not going to bullshit you, this had a lot to do with my trip I’m committing to a one-month unlimited membership because spending money up front is a good way to make sure I stick with something. I went to my first class last night — a 75-minute core and cardio class that was a good way for me to start since it reminded me a little bit of Define/Core Fusion. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and literally couldn’t move; my abs were so sore, I couldn’t use them to roll over! But despite the fact that my obliques are telling me to go to hell with every breath I take this morning, I liked the studio, the instructor, and the class a lot and I’m excited to try out the different classes over the course of the next month.
What’s turning you on (or off) this Wednesday??