Thirsty Thursday: Sangria

by Rachel on August 12, 2011

I’m on vacation!

I wish you were too, but since you’re not, I think you should, at the very least, drink like you are.

Sangria says vacation, right?

(Currently, “Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka and Bourbon” says vacation to me, because that is what Eric’s aunt and I decided to buy at the gas station today. That shit is strong, you guys. But we went horseback riding this morning so we needed something strong to dull the pain in our loins.)

Sangria also says vacation though — especially if you drink it while you pack for said vacation like a certain girl whose name rhymes with “Smachel Dilkerson.”

To make: combine one bottle of red wine, a 2 L bottle of diet lemon-lime soda, a pint of chopped strawberries, a diced green apple, and the juice of one orange.

Chill the sangria, then enjoy while you pack for pretty much the best vacation ever!

(Um, except listen to this: Eric didn’t realize his parents got a two-bedroom cabin…which is cool except his grandpa and brother claimed the room with the two twin beds, so last night we ended up on the couch. Which was great, because I totally brought pajamas appropriate to wear for the general public. THAT is why I mix strong drinks.)

1 Rachel's Mom August 12, 2011 at 11:04 pm

At least you didn’t have to worry about falling out of the top bunk after drinking too much.

2 Rachael August 12, 2011 at 11:44 pm

This whole post.

Just. Enough.

Loins … now there’s a highly under-used word that I need to put into my regular circulation a bit more often.

So, I hope the ‘general public’ enjoys your mid-morning peep show. If your boobs are anything like mine, they don’t like to stay hidden whenever I say, rollover or move an inch. Or breathe.

3 Cyndie August 13, 2011 at 10:25 am

OMG, why didn’t they offer the room to you and Eric? I don’t understand….hahaha, so awkward.

I definitely want to make this, this weekend. I can’t do the whole liquor thing, but red wines and sangria I love. This makes it seem super easy.

4 Nicole @ Giraffelegs August 13, 2011 at 4:03 pm

ughh the feeling in your upper thighs after horseback riding is the worst.
drink away.

5 [SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. August 15, 2011 at 9:50 am

I keep meaning to try and make my own sangria but a white version I think to keep it lighter. Hope the vacay was fun!

6 Rachel August 15, 2011 at 10:23 am

Oooh I’d like to try a white version (less likely to stain my white pants!) — do share a recipe if you try one and like it!

7 Kelsi @ Kelsi Does Hair August 16, 2011 at 12:49 am

That sounds really good, though I prefer white wine. I have been making ghetto/lazy sangria by mixing whatever wine I am drinking with v8 fusion haha… but your versions sounds better.