Press Play: Define

by Rachel on September 14, 2011

Earlier this week, I was checking out the weekly playlist from DefineBody, where I used to work out, and their selections were so great. (Not surprising — the music in their classes was always a great mix of pop, electronic, upbeat, and chill.) I was immediately inspired to hit iTunes and check out some artists I had never heard of and mix them in with my old favorites.

Here is my current playlist — it’s good for a chill workout like yoga or strength training…or just for keeping on at work or at home!

Barbra Streisand (Duck Sauce)

Lights (Ellie Goulding)

Love Away (Capital Cities)

Pumped Up Kicks (Foster the People)

I Believe in a Thing Called Love (The Darkness)

I Wanna Go (Britney Spears)

Safe and Sound (Capital Cities)

I Feel Better (Hot Chip)

Maldito Alcohol (Pitbull & Afrojack)

Move (CSS)

I Would Do Anything for You (Foster the People)

Bodies (Savoir Adore)

Round Round (Tokyopop Presents: Riding Shotgun Soundtrack)

Your Biggest Mistake (Ellie Goulding)

Three Wishes (The Pierces)

Dance the Way I Feel (Ou Est Le Swimming Pool)

Helena Beat (Foster the People)

O Children (Nick Cave)

I’ve also posted this playlist to Playlist.com so if you want to stream these songs (sans a few; I couldn’t get all of them) and  listen to them all the way through, you can play it here.

What are you listening to lately?

1 Dori September 14, 2011 at 10:21 am

I will have to check these out later! I need new music desperately. Thanks!

2 MelissaNibbles September 14, 2011 at 11:08 am

The Darkness into Britney Spears is wrong. So very wrong.

3 Melissa September 14, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Can I tell you how much I LOVE that you linked to the playlist?! I have been looking for some new workout tunes lately, so thanks!!!

4 Tenecia September 14, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Awesome! I’m always looking for new workout music!

Thanks!!

T.

5 Klh September 14, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Thanks for the list…I’m going to listen tothe ones I don’t know now! I’m kinda obsessed w/ Lights…love it!

Katie : )

6 Rachel September 14, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Isn’t it SO good?! I can’t get enough!

7 Liz @ IHeartVegetables September 15, 2011 at 10:22 am

I have been obsessed with the Ellie Goulding song!! That’s been on my playlist for a month and I’m not sick of it yet!

8 Jess-The SemiAbnormal Gal September 15, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I adore The Darkness! There is actually a hysterical video on my facebook of myself and my college roomies rocking out to them on a roadtrip. Totally worth a giggle on my behalf!

I’m still obsessed with Florence and the Machine, and Muford and Sons, which have been on continuous play on my ipod since, oh March? ha. And nasty Nicki Minaj, of course!

9 Chandra @ShiftC September 15, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Wait! Why don’t you work out at DefineBody anymore?!

10 Rachel September 16, 2011 at 10:39 am

Oh, I moved further away from the studio, and it made it harder to get there! Given how pricey it is, I wanted to be going four days per week, and with all the time driving there and back, it was just a big time suck. I’m currently at a yoga studio much closer to my apartment. I hope to go back to Define eventually, but right now, it’s just not working! (And I LOVE doing yoga!)

11 Chandra @ShiftC September 16, 2011 at 9:26 pm