Wet Wednesday

by Rachel on September 21, 2011

Here’s what has me all flushed this Hump Day!

Takeout. I go through phases with sushi and I’m totally in one right now! Actually I’ve been having a love affair with Japanese and Thai takeout for the past couple weeks. I haven’t felt like cooking much because it’s so goddamn hot, so I’ve been craving light and healthy takeout. Even better, Eric and I have been doing our own thing for meals more often, so I don’t have to go for takeout options that he likes. That means I’m free to get my favorite cuisine and I found a bunch of restaurants near my apartment where I can get my fix. It’s not good for my bank account, but a lot of times I can get two meals out of one entree, so that’s something, right?

Bridesmaids. One of the funniest movies I’ve seen recently/ever is now available on DVD! I have been so excited for this, as I’ve been wanting to see it again since I saw it in the theater back in May.  I ordered my copy from Amazon yesterday and my Prime membership means I’ll have it tomorrow. If you haven’t seen it yet, I highly, highly recommend it!

Funny women at the Emmys. From Jane Lynch’s hosting gig (and her joke about the cast of Entourage!) to the Best Lead Actress in a Comedy presentation, I was so excited that it felt like funny women were really being recognized and celebrated at the Emmys.

And after seeing Melissa McCarthy win, I’m even more excited to re-watch her steal the show in Bridesmaids!

Bothered

I’m sleepy. Really sleepy. Despite my attempts to go to bed early this week, I can’t seem to get a good night’s rest and I hate that. Not only do I feel blah, but when I’m tired, I not only feel cranky but I tend to get lazy with my speech and just replace every other word with “fucker” or “motherfucker.” So that’s great.

The good news is, that’s pretty much the only thing bothering me at the moment!

Edited to add: THE NEW FACEBOOK! THE NEW FACEBOOK IS BOTHERING ME! WHAT. THE. FUCK.

(See, I told you I can’t stop swearing when I’m tired.)

What has you hot and bothered today?

1 Melissa September 21, 2011 at 10:21 am

I was just about to say the new FB is bothering me! WHY!?!? God, just leave it the EFF alone!

I fail to see why saying “fucker” or “motherfucker” every other word is a problem? They’re underused anyway.

New Girl has me all hot–loved it last night. Also, honeycrisp apples. We’re having a serious flirtation right now. Mmmmm.

2 Dori September 21, 2011 at 10:23 am

Soon enough you won’t even remember the old Facebook. Almost all their changes have been for the better, other than that one they had to undo because it was just so bad. I didn’t love Bridesmaids the way everyone else seems to. It definitely had its funny moments, but overall I felt meh.

3 Manon September 21, 2011 at 10:33 am

OMG….Fucking FACEBOOK. Motherfucker. Clearly, I’m A-OK with your “tired” speak…it’s pretty much my standard.

4 Laura Georgina September 21, 2011 at 10:44 am

I actually screamed when I saw the new FB this morning. I hate it when people get up on high horses and go all “Oh, I’m gonna quit FB, it’s so annoying,” but I’m THIS CLOSE to calling it quits. Not really. But man, do I want to.

5 Laura Georgina September 21, 2011 at 10:47 am

PS–As for the swearyness: I feel you, but I say it too much regardless of whether I’m tired or not (and lately I seem to reverse it into “fuckmother”). Since I can’t help myself on those two marvelous words, I’m gonna try and make my child’s first word be “motherfucker.” My husband has agreed to the project, and a linguist friend told us it would be quite an accomplishment as far as pronunciation and word-length go.

So, “motherfucker” isn’t that bad, after all…

6 Toya September 21, 2011 at 10:53 am

AH Bridesmaids was incredibly funny! It was one of the only movies that I’ve laughed for the duration of, and I laugh loud! (I was partially embarrassed because my laugh can get obnoxious) I loved it and I will definitely be purchasing it because I have a feeling I can watch it over and over again!

And Facebook definitely has me bothered, the once simple interface is becoming rather complicated and they should just simplify it, or at least have an option to revert back to the older/simplified version.

7 Rachel September 21, 2011 at 10:58 am

I want your lunch. Looks so fresh & delish!

8 Stephanie @ LoveLaughterLight September 21, 2011 at 11:59 am

What has me hot and bothered is that I can’t sleep and I have to work tonight! It’s a real motherfucker!!!

*sigh*

9 Jessica @ Fit Chick Wanna Be September 21, 2011 at 12:16 pm

seriously the new FB sucks

10 deva @ deva by definition September 21, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I am excited for “The New Girl,” and for the upcoming premier of “Grey’s.” Bothered by being tired, and the new Facebook. I don’t think the most interesting status updates in my feed are the ones about eating toast for breakfast.

11 Carrie @ No More Tomorrows September 21, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Totally bothered by Facebook. My head hurts trying to navigate it.

12 Dallas September 21, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I definitely cried at yoga last night because I couldn’t do something (cried, like, a lot) and I’m chalking it up to being completely overwhelmed about my job and exhausted to boot. Blargh. That’s my bothered for the day.

My hot? Stretchy new pilates bands to work my hamstring out so I’m not inflexible like a 105 year old anymore.

13 Nicole @ Giraffelegs September 21, 2011 at 1:29 pm

still need to see bridesmaids…

14 carly September 21, 2011 at 2:52 pm

i didn’t want the emmies – thank you so much for linking to that video because it was AWESOME. those are some of the funniest women ever and i love how celebrated they were. i’ve loved melissa mccarthy since the gilmore girls days so i’m psyched that she won!!!

i know you kind of promised on the blog to not obsess about your dogs BUT i just recently got a puppy and would actually love some advice/insight into pet ownership and how to manage small energetic dogs. i love the puppy but am so worried about royally screwing this animal up.

15 [SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. September 21, 2011 at 4:32 pm

HOT: Totes craving sushi now. Boyfriend got me Bridesmaids yesterday. :) Picking out a cover for my new Erin Condren planner. Gas prices going down ($3.19 here in Dallas!).

BOTHERED: Trying to get ANY work done at work. Feeling like I’ve missed paying a bill since there seems to be a little cashola left in my account. Calorie counting when I’d rather EAT ALL THE THINGS!! It not being cool enough to drink a toasty warm Starbucks drink yet.

16 Samantha M. September 21, 2011 at 5:15 pm

My problem with new FB is it seems that they are making it overly complicated to compete with the super-simple Google+… which just makes me want to get more of my friends on Google+ so I have reason to leave FB! Blargh!

Loving: “Mad Men” reruns, cute new suede ankle boots, Craig Thompson’s new graphic novel coming out (waiting to buy it at APE next weekend, where I can hopefully get him to autograph it!), and my newfound Pinterest addiction. Pinterest is seriously visual crack.

Loathing: EDD making my life difficult. It’s hard enough being unemployed, why must they make the process of asking for help so much worse? ARGH.

17 Susie September 22, 2011 at 9:23 am

OK, so I’m a day late, forgive me…

HOT: Sushi! I miss having food so easily attainable when I lived in Brooklyn, but there are some decent places in upstate NY. Also, volunteering – I’m starting at a cat shelter tonight (no kill, I couldn’t do it otherwise). Sometimes I’m a little sad for the ones who will never get a home, but it’s mostly YAY KITTEHS.

BOTHERED: Trying to manage social media for a company that does not understand social media. I have to get approval for Twitter posts and I was told I’m not allowed to say RT (or rewteet) to thank people because they want to seem professional. Uh guys, you don’t get how this works. Let’s listen to the person who spent two years at a start up focused on social media. UGH.

18 Carrie @ No More Tomorrows September 22, 2011 at 11:08 am

OMG, and hot? The new trainer Dolvett on The Biggest Loser. I will enjoy drooling over him this season.

19 Megan September 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm

It’s not easy for find good video rentals in Costa Rica, but I am currently downloading Bridesmaids on iTunes. Can’t wait, thanks for the suggestion!!!