Sunday Funday

by Rachel on October 9, 2011

Here’s what’s making my Sunday fun!

1. I bought that Halloween-shaped pasta yesterday at Home Goods; you can also find it at The Pasta Shoppe. (Pronounced “shop-ee” in my book.) The fall harvest pasta is pretty fun too. Now I just need the perfect fall pasta recipe for it!
  2. This story: The Best Time I Did Yoga With Someone From “Friday Night Lights”
  3. This blog: Fuck! I’m in my twenties!
  4. The fact that I have BBQ Beer Chicken in the Crock-pot right now!
  5. It’s raining. I love rainy Sundays.
What do you have going on today? Anything worth sharing?

1 Jackie @ That Deep Breath October 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I need halloween pasta!

2 lauren October 9, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Ummm JEALOUS that you’ve got a rainy sunday! Its probably 78 and sunny in chi today, and I’m laying on my couch in my pajamas at 1pm. #sorryimnotsorry

Also- loving “Fuck! I’m in my twenties”, basically because it’s my life in a nutshell. I’ll spend the remainder of this lazy sunday deciding if that’s depressing or not.

3 Corey @ Learning Patience October 9, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Just found your blog….enjoying it! Hmm…beer can chicken in the crockpot? Heading over now to check it out… I too LOVE rainy day Sundays!
xoxo from Trindad

4 Cindy October 9, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Same recipe is in my crockpot! Boom.

5 Rachel October 9, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Nice!

6 Rachel's Mom October 9, 2011 at 2:34 pm

A birthday party at Rust Park for Sarrah’s little girl who is two, Grand Blanc Farmer’s Market, and working on Preston’s Capt. Jack Sparrow costume. Oh, and it’s 82 degrees here today. We had to turn the air back on. Tigers vs. Rangers later tonight on TV! Tonight we need to seek some revenge for last night’s loss after two rain delays. (5 hour game!)

7 Nicole @ Giraffelegs October 9, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I had founder’s day today…sucks.

8 shelby October 9, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I would D-I-E if I looked over and saw Matt Saracen on the next yoga mat. OMG. Thanks for that link – I’d forgotten how much I love the hairpin!

Squash soup (the kind from a can, eve, if you’re feeling lazy) makes a nice base for pasta sauce. You can add spices, cheese, meat, whatever. Or maybe a chili-inspired sauce of some sort?

9 Laura Georgina October 10, 2011 at 9:45 am

I’m a sucker for weirdly-shaped pasta. I would have stocked up on those and served my last box at Easter.

I was hoping for rain, but still managed to have a great Sunday–took one long-ass walk (great to get back to exercise after a few months of couch-ness), ate awesome Korean leftovers for dinner, and churned out two skirts to fit my fast-growing belly… because having clothes decent enough to leave the house in is kinda important, it seems.

10 [SMASH] October 10, 2011 at 11:16 am

That pasta is so cute! My mom made spaghetti and put it in a carved/buttered jack-o-lantern when we were little and told us it was pumpkin brains. :)

11 Rachel October 10, 2011 at 11:34 am