Sunday Funday

by Rachel on October 23, 2011

It’s actually not just a fun Sunday; this has been the most fun weekend I’ve had in a while!

Here’s what I’ve been up to:

Saturday morning Eric and I ate bagels and cream cheese while catching up on this week’s “Psych” which was hilarious — one of the funniest episodes I’ve seen in a long time. Then I put white chicken chili in the Crock-Pot while I went shopping all over town.

I went to Home Goods, where I bought a large serving bowl…

(It’s currently serving up the few fun-size candy bars that are left over from the two bags Eric and I bought last weekend, when we walked into Walgreens and were suddenly like, OH! It’s almost Halloween! Shall we partake in the tradition of stuffing ourselves with mini candies? Crazy to forget a tradition like that, I know, but it’s really easy for the holidays to just slip your mind when it’s 80 degrees outside.)

When I got home from my day of fun errands, I made a big batch of my favorite Halloween trail mix and then Eric and I made pumpkin butterscotch cookies.

I set the mood by lighting some candles in the new candelabra I bought at Target…

Then we made homemade bourbon pumpkin pie milkshakes in my new tumblers (also from Target) to have with our chili (which seems to get even more delicious every time I make it)…

skull tumblers target

Then we watched “Bad Teacher” (pretty funny!) and the end of the MSU football game. You guys know how I feel about watching sports on TV, but I’m glad I decided to start watching college football last night because that game was awesome.

Today I’m writing, cleaning, running errands/shopping, and then going on a movie date tonight!

What have you been up to this weekend? Anything fun to share?

{ 11 comments }

1 Nicole @ Giraffelegs October 23, 2011 at 11:24 am

Yesterdays game was amazing. You could hear the cheering from M.A.C. and after we won couches were burned and parties ensued until at least 3am…EL does it big!!
Nicole @ Giraffelegs´s last post ..Mirror PicsMy Profile

2 Amy B. October 23, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Boooo. That was a hard loss for us Badger fans. I guess your only fault is you are a Spartan ;)

3 Emily October 23, 2011 at 12:50 pm

The White Chicken Chili recipe you posted looks amazing. Just wondering how you tweaked it for the slow cooker, since the original recipe was done on the stove top. I would love to make it this afternoon, but would hate to overcook it! Thanks.

4 Rachel October 23, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I used ground turkey (I’ve also used ground chicken in the past)…then I just dumped everything in but the sour cream and half-and-half and cooked it on low for about six hours (it cooked really fast though). Hope that works for you!

5 Emily October 23, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Super! Thanks for the info.

6 Megan October 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Loving your Halloween style! As if the hot weather wasn’t bad enough, the country of Costa Rica doesn’t celebrate the holiday for religious purposes. I can’t help feeling so bad for the children here. No costumes? No pumpkins? NO CANDY???
Megan´s last post ..Ain’t Life Sweet…My Profile

7 Rachel's Mom October 23, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I noticed that the mini candy bars seem smaller this year. I wonder if they are the latest victims of product downsizing? (They make them smaller, thinking no one will notice, but charge the same price for them. They talked about it on 20/20 once.)

8 Alli October 23, 2011 at 9:03 pm

That candelabra is so cute….I freakin’ love seasonal decorations (I blame my mom’s influence on that one — the woman has a flag for every major holiday, and some of the not-so-major ones). I remember a few years ago I bought a faux-gothic-y welcome mat and thought it would be funny for Halloween, and my roommates totally pooh-poohed the idea and called it “tacky”! Didn’t stop them from eating the candy I’d bought as well…last time I got into the spirit while I lived with those ungrateful chicks. :(
Alli´s last post ..Fall FeastMy Profile

9 Jessica @ How Sweet October 24, 2011 at 6:17 am

i love that you made the milkshakes to eat WITH the chili. we are also obsessed with that chili and i think i make it about once every two weeks. so good. i say your next sunday funday involves you taking a trip to visit me!
Jessica @ How Sweet´s last post ..Crockpot Caramel Apple Crumble.My Profile

10 Rachel October 24, 2011 at 7:34 am

My next Sunday Funday is going to Chicago! Can’t you come a few states over?!

And yeah the milkshakes were the perfect cooling side to go with that chili. God, that was such a great meal.

11 [SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. October 24, 2011 at 10:28 am

Awesome weekend! While we haven’t bought any Halloween candy yet, we’ve stuffed ourselves with every form of pumpkin (except the PSL) imaginable.
[SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon.´s last post ..[SWOON] Putting Our Showtime Subscription To Good Use.My Profile