{the life} Sunday Funday

by Rachel on February 12, 2012

I hope you’re having a fantastic weekend! Mine has been packed with activities. I started things off on a delicious note Saturday by making these Snickers and peanut butter muffins as a special treat for Valentine’s Day, which Eric and I celebrated yesterday.

Here are some items I wanted to share with you this lovely February Sunday!

Brain Food

Self-Acceptance: Are You an ‘Alchemist’ or a ‘Leopard’?

Girl Crush! 25 Sites for Women Entreprenuers to Love in 2012

100 Golden “No”s

Macy’s Attacked For Picture of Same-Sex Wedding in Catalog

Food Food

Turkey Bagel Burger. Eric made this recipe for dinner a couple weeks ago and it was delicious! We used everything bagel thins instead of bagels; while they suck as bagel replacements, they are good food/condiment delivery vehicles, and I just am not a huge advocate of six servings of carbs at dinner.

Southwest Chicken Chili. Eric made this recipe a couple nights ago and while it was pretty quick and easy for a weeknight chili recipe, it was also really spicy. Next time, I’d cut back on the jalapeno because it kinda set both of our mouths on fire.

Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken. I made this last week for the second time and it was great yet again.

Buffalo Chicken Soup. I made this two weeks ago and was actually really surprised by how much I liked it. It was a lot lighter than I expected and the bread and cheese topping really took it over the top, flavor-wise. Also, it was really fast and easy. I’d definitely make it again.

Also, if you’re still in need of recipe inspiration for Valentine’s Day, here are some past favorites of mine!

Half-orange Cupcakes

Love Scones

White Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting

Creamy Dreamy Chocolate Cake

Raspberry Chocolat Jell-O Cake with Homemade Cool Whip

Raspberry Cheesecake Bars

Chocolate Cherry Muffins

Garlic and Citrus Roasted Chicken

Sausage Pasta

Creamy Spinach Shells & Cheese

Bangnana Pancakes

Easy Like Sunday Morning Biscuits and Gravy

Cheese & Herb Scones

Baked Caramel French Toast

And don’t forget the rules of eating on dates — A Lovely Three Intercourse Dinner if you’re dining out and What’s Cooking Good Looking? if you’re planning to cook!

What are you up to today? Any brain food or real food to share?

1 Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic February 12, 2012 at 1:15 pm

This isn’t brain food or real food, but it is REAL CUTE! I made heart-shaped St-Germain Pomegranate Jello Shots for Valentines Day :) http://www.confessionsofachocoholic.com/dessert/st-germain-pomegranate-jello-shots

2 janetha February 12, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Annnnd your buffalo chicken soup link is linking to the beer chicken. I got real excited about that, do you have the right link? I must make it :) xoxo

3 Rachel February 12, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Updated! So sorry about that!

4 Bridget February 12, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I made Martha Stewart’s herb rolls and Stuffed Jalapenos. Neither I’d write home about. Right now I have The Londoner’s Slutty Brownies baking for a dinner party. They are so ridiculously good.

No matter how many times I see Notting Hill, whenever it is on TV I’m watching! Perfect Sunday night.

5 Rachel February 12, 2012 at 7:25 pm

What makes them slutty!?! I must know.

6 Bridget February 12, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I have no idea. haha That’s just what she called them

They are so delicious. I recommend chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough for the bottom.

7 Deva @ Deva by Definition February 12, 2012 at 6:20 pm

So, since our range wont’ be back to normal until later this week, we’re still crock-potting it up. I made Crock Pot Carnitas from CrockPot 365 last night. Best. Recipe. Ever. I am so happy we have a ton of leftovers for me to destroy this week. We enjoyed ours with some rice and smashed avocado.

The recipe is here: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/02/slow-cooker-carnitas-recipe.html

The carnitas definitely has a tang from the citrus, and we added about a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper for some heat, which helped really set off the smokiness of the cumin.

8 Rachel February 12, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Umm SOLD!

9 Armand February 13, 2012 at 2:56 am

Thanks for the list of recipes. I am thinking of cooking up something for my girl. These ideas are really great!

10 Mel February 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm

The 25 girl entrepreneurs are making my head spin. Wow!

Another “feminist” love/ brain food article (nothing too new): http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/opinion/sunday/marriage-suits-educated-women.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&smid=fb-share

11 Kavi @ Lab to Fab! February 20, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Those muffins sound delicious! Loving the new blog layout and header too!

12 Melissa Stewart March 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Thanks for mentioning our Girl Crush list! XOXO and much love to you!!