The recipe: pesto + hard-boiled eggs + a baguette (via Real Simple).
Five reasons it’s my current favorite:
1. It involves almost no cooking, so it’s really great for 95-degree days. And it’s fast as hell (especially if you make a big batch of hard-boiled eggs ahead of time), so it’s also good for busy days.
2. It goes well with so many sides that I love: asparagus cooked in butter, cherries, peaches, cheese, bacon, ham, wine, beer…it’s really the start of a delicious feast.
3. Even when you buy all the ingredients from Whole Foods, it’s still a damn cheap meal.
4. It works for every meal. The first time I made it, it was for dinner, and Eric and I ate leftovers the next morning for breakfast. Today, it’s lunch at my desk.
5. I am always looking for an excuse to buy a baguette because when it sticks out of the top of the paper bag (along with some leafy greens, obviously), I can easily pretend I am a character in a movie.