I did a few posts like this earlier this year and they were fun, so I think I’m going to commit to making it a regular thing! I like sharing the little things that have been on my mind during the previous week and hearing what’s going on with you. Consider the comments are an open thread to share, bitch, bond, or throw out questions for the other commenters.
- The weather finally took a turn for the better in Houston. We had several days where being outside was actually enjoyable…it was amazing. Unfortunately, it’s making everyone’s allergies act up. I’ve been trying to be proactive this year so I’m using my neti pot regularly and not ODing on antihistamines.
- Our Halloween party invites came! I’m so pumped to start planning the party.
- I found out that Houston has a margarita festival?! There’s a Groupon for it today. Between that and Caesar Fest and Halloween, I’d say October is going to be a good month (it always is). And to think I almost unsubscribed from all the daily deal sites yesterday because I felt like none of the deals were worthwhile. Nicely done, Groupon. You can stick around for a little while.
- I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 this morning. Last week, I found out I’d won a free iPhone from a Pinterest contest put on by the Wedding Party App. The app basically lets all your guests upload the photos they take on their phones during your wedding to one place so you (and other guests) can see all of them. Pretty much perfect timing on the contest, I must say!
- Speaking of weddings, Eric and I are about 99% sure we’ve found a venue! I won’t feel 100% sure until we actually make a deposit on it, so until we’re done collecting change from between the couch cushions, I’ll just say we’re 99% sure.
- I’m heading to the Houston Bloggers Symposium this weekend! “Bloggers Bonding Over Bubbly”? Don’t mind if I do!
For your reading pleasure…
Editorial Masterbitch Theater: Changesock the Woman Child [A post from Persephone Magazine about a really obnoxious article on Jezebel about the "woman-child"]
“They Won’t Magically Turn You Into A Lustful Cockmonster”: Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage To The Politician Who Is Offended By An NFL Player Supporting It [A Minnesota Vikings punter tells it like it is on Deadspin]
Reclaiming Wife: Rocking the Ego Boat [A post about moving for your spouse from A Practical Wedding]